Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 153 total)
  • Pope Resigns
  • Cougar

Incidentally, apropos of nothing,

Twitter yesterday:

@Pontifex
    We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

anonymouse
    Free Member

This is where we go too far.
    I absolutely despise Margaret Thatcher, for example.
    However, I don’t gloat in the fact that she’s seriously ill or wish her a painful, lingering death.
    That would just be ignorant, unpleasant and stupid.
    I’m not a huge fan of the Church either, but to revel in someone elses pain and illness is, frankly, repulsive.
    Still, if you’re going to flaunt your credentials as a spiteful, ignorant, nasty individual, then this place is as good as any.

This. I’m out before this thread descends further into the gutter.

unklehomered
    Free Member

We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new

I knew it, Adam Buxton was right, he’ll be going into his cocoon any day now to undergo metamorphosis…

I’m not revelling in his illness, in fact until this post I hadn’t even mentioned it, I’m just mocking the popeness. Anyone with that much bling should be mocked just a little. I wish him no harm or discomfort, not sure anyone who’s posted to this thread has to that matter.

RobHilton
    Free Member

In before the schism!

konabunny
    Free Member

but to revel in someone elses pain and illness is, frankly, repulsive.

Isn’t it traditional to wait til someone actually does the revelling before you point out how morally superior you are to them?

aracer
    Free Member

Let’s talk a bit more about the queen’s power of veto. So how many bills exactly has she vetoed?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not a church fan after being brought up catholic and going to a school run by Christian Brothers, nothing at all nice about that lot I can tell you!

I can sympathise with the Pope though as I don’t think I would want to head up an organisation that covers up child molestation and abuse or still be working at that age either.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

“He has left a very personal signature as a thinker at the head of the Church, and also as a shepherd.”

No wonder he’s had enough! not only the pontiff but they had him looking after the Vatican sheep.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Let’s talk a bit more about the queen’s power of veto. So how many bills exactly has she vetoed?”

Oh she’s always at it, I heard vetos like 4 or 5 times a day now.

FuzzyWuzzy

I reckon Derek Acorah should get the job, might do a better job of convincing us heathens…

RustySpanner

konabunny – Member
    but to revel in someone elses pain and illness is, frankly, repulsive.
    Isn’t it traditional to wait til someone actually does the revelling before you point out how morally superior you are to them?

IBTR. 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d like to think that life inside the Vatican is like one huge episode of Father Ted, but with fancier hats

unklehomered
    Free Member

the Indianda Board of Tax Review???

#google failed me

RustySpanner

piedi di formaggio – Member

I’d like to think that life inside the Vatican is like one huge episode of Father Ted, but with fancier hats

Hmmm.

Probably more like the Italian government, but with longer skirts on the secretaries.

unklehomered
    Free Member

but with longer skirts on the secretaries everyone

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stands for “I Bought Tesco Lasagne”

jekkyl

I would like to take this moment to offer my services as head dude as the magical sky wizard’s contingency here on Earth. I feel as an atheist of long standing I would be best placed to take leadership. My first act as head dude would be to disband the whole shoddy organistation and the money raised from sale of assetts be spread amongst the world’s poor and hungry.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Meh.
    Does this mean there’s going to be another all-day TV program with one camera watching a chimney to see if someone lights the stove?
    What stove/wood for the Pope?

Flaperon

Just wondering, since he’s gods representative on Earth – who does he actually hand his resignation to?

RustySpanner

Flaperon – Member

Just wondering, since he’s gods representative on Earth – who does he actually hand his resignation to?

aracer
    Free Member

who does he actually hand his resignation to?

He prays it. duh!

Forge_Master
    Free Member

something to do with Jimmy Savile…apparently

ohnohesback
    Free Member

At least the Pope is elected by a conclave of cardinals. Mrs Windsor, our head of state, was elected by no-one, and isn’t subject to any kind of democratic accountability.

So there you have it. The medieval Vatican state is more democratic than the UK.

rusty90
    Free Member

Bookies favourite for next Pope seems to be Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana. A bit different from his predecessors in at least one respect …

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You mean… he’s a person of colour?…

unklehomered
    Free Member

What stove/wood for the Pope?

I prefer to burn my popes in a giant wicker man while my loved ones and I hold hands and sing merry songs.

johndoh
    Free Member

No, he’s a Muslim.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not a church fan after being brought up catholic and going to a school run by Christian Brothers, nothing at all nice about that lot I can tell you!

Whereas, two of the very best teachers I had in secondary school were Christian Brothers. Funny that…

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

This is my favourite Pope meme:

rusty90
    Free Member

You mean… he’s a person of colour?

I can see not much gets past you. He is a Catholic apparently, so no change there then.
    Maybe someone really different this time?

arrpee
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle’s reaction on twitter:

“There’ll be a resignation ceremony for the Pope, where he fires electrical rays from his fingers as Darth Vader throws him down a lift shaft”

and

“The Pope must have done something even the Church finds unacceptable. I’m guessing he’s shagged an adult woman.”

SaxonRider

Frankie Boyle’s not funny.

nick1962
    Free Member

The previous Pope certainly knew how to party

nealglover
    Free Member

“There’ll be a resignation ceremony for the Pope, where he fires electrical rays from his fingers as Darth Vader throws him down a lift shaft”

????

Frankie Boyle is definitely not funny

Stoner
    Free Member

IBTR

In Before The Rapture?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I would have thought even Franky Boyle could do better than that.

Cougar

Maybe he needs to pontificate on his material a little longer?

unklehomered
    Free Member

His jokes do seem too young…

jekkyl

Frankie Boyle is well funny. He tells jokes like ones that went round the playground when you were 14!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My first act as head dude would be to disband the whole shoddy organistation and the money raised from sale of assetts be spread amongst the world’s poor and hungry.

Who would use the money to buy arms and create a despotic theocracy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Pope Resigns’ is closed to new replies.