Pope Resigns

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • Pope Resigns
  • “but to revel in someone elses pain and illness is, frankly, repulsive”

According to you perhaps, but with respect, I’d like to revel at least a little.

The degree of my revelling will be proportional to the suffering caused by the organisation he represents and leads (according to my own moral values).

That is, I will revel approximately one hundred times as much as if he was Andrew Wakefield, and half as much as if he was Thabo Mbeki (other moral benchmarks are available).

(Its a tricky one, as the church is obviously responsible for more overall unnecessary death and suffering than Mbeki, but it seems unfair to apply all of the revelling for that to just one man).

“The Pope must have done something even the Church finds unacceptable. I’m guessing he’s shagged an adult woman.”

I don’t think many 14 yr olds would understand that let alone find it funny.

LenHankie

I thought that was superb!

anonymouse – Member

This. I’m out before this thread descends further into the gutter.

Your first post in the thread, so you flounced in in order to be heard flouncing out?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I think you underestimate 14 year olds.

piemonster

You must have been a very sheltered 14 year old

piemonster

Damned mods

Your first post in the thread, so you flounced in in order to be heard flouncing out?

Perhaps he read the bile being spouted and announced that he wouldn’t be participating further. You probably should have thought a bit about what he did instead of hurrying to post a smartarse comment, while getting carried away with your excitement at the possible outing of a “flouncer”.

My couldntgiveaflyingfckometer has just registered no interest in the leader of a silly club resigning.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

You lot are well funny, on every single thread people deviate from the thread topic to abuse, insult and correct one another. Can’t we all just get along?

bencooper

Can’t we all just get along?

Some bloke got nailed to a tree for saying that.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

jekkyl – Member

You lot are well funny, on every single thread people deviate from the thread topic to abuse, insult and correct one another. Can’t we all just get along?

Well, seeing as it’s never happened in the entire history of the human race before, I’d suggest not. πŸ˜€

Still, always nice to meet an optimist. πŸ™‚

stucol

Perhaps he is resigning so he can go play for the other side ?

(Read into that what you will !)

Junkyard

I agree with everything posted. You all correct and i respect and admire you all tremendously especially the flouncer

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The pope says he’s too ill to work, but ATOS suspect Benedict fraud.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

He’s not been well for ages, tbh – why do you think they carry him round in that big chair?

Perhaps he is resigning so he can go play for the other side ?

He’s going to buy a road bike?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

A bit of light reading, if anyone cares about papal resignation policy.

Can a Pope Ever Resign?

MrSalmon

My couldntgiveaflyingfckometer has just registered no interest in the leader of a silly club resigning

Yes, this has absolutely no relevance for non-Catholics at all. πŸ™„

EDIT: Implicit πŸ™„ made explicit

MrSalmon – Member
    My couldntgiveaflyingfckometer has just registered no interest in the leader of a silly club resigning
    Yes, this has absolutely no relevance for non-Catholics at all.

Pfffff, I think you may be mistaken.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

cheese on eggs and ham on a bap!?!
    what am I missing?

Earth shattering news eh?

what am I missing?

Breakfast?

piemonster

I don’t recognise that as cheese

Yes, this has absolutely no relevance for non-Catholics at all.

If you can get this across to the BBC then I and many like me will be eternally in your debt. there was a guy in my work retired early due to ill health last year. We got him a cake. It didn’t make the news, but then he never went around in a dress telling people who they could marry and not to be gay.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

what am I missing?

That is, presumably, ex-Benedict.

yossarian

are there any women on this thread?

piemonster

No no no, I mean gruff no no no

Who he or she may be the new Pope will need to be prepared and fully trained…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILTkc08VyA[/video]

footflaps

“The Pope must have done something even the Church finds unacceptable. I’m guessing he’s shagged an adult woman.”

That is pretty funny (IMO)!

Premier Icon aracer

The first job application is in…

From a militant feminist, what a surprise.

IHN

Meh

In before the schism!

Bravo.

MSP

From a militant feminist, what a surprise.

Yeah how dare these mere women question the right of gods representatives on earth to label them second class citizens. She obviously needs to spend some time at the magdalene sisters to sort out her errant ways.

She’s just bitter because she’s just a glorified rib.

IHN

She’s just bitter because she’s just a glorified rib.

Again, bravo πŸ™‚

wordnumb

Some days it seems like every thread on STW is about paypal problems.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Pope Resigns’ is closed to new replies.