Home Forums Bike Forum POC Helmet Sizing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • POC Helmet Sizing
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Do these come up a bit big or small? I’m pretty much between M/L and l/XL with about 58.5cm head. M/L is up to 58 and L/XL starts at 59.

Quite annoying really

Mintyjim

Hi there.
    Go elsewhere in my opinion. I have a slightly larger head at 60cm and I couldn’t get the medium on (DH helmet BTW) without seriously causing myself ear damage!

I now use a large and I look ridiculous, it’s enormous! A mate is pretty senior in POC so I get cheap stuff but nothing really fits which is a bit of a bummer!

Whereas a medium GIRO Tyrant and Source fit perfectly and I don’t look quite so odd. Medium Giro are sized up to 59cm so go figure.

I guess try before you buy.

a11y

I’ve been through this and concluded I can’t wear POC helmets – I’m annoyingly between sizes with a bawhair-under-59cm head. My recent findings in case it helps:

POC: medium too tight, large too loose (on both the Kortals and Axion Races I tried in both sizes).
    Giro: same as POC, falling beteen M and L.
    Troy Lee: Stage full-facer great fit in XL/XXL 60-63cm (must be small made), but the same sized A3 was too loose.
    7iDP: Project 23 FFer too loose in L 59-60cm, but their M1 (same as the old 661 Comp FFer) in L 59-60 is perfect.

I’ve tried and returned a lot of helmets recently and currently using Lazer helmets – their large size range is slightly smaller than others, starting at 58cm. Both their Chiru and Coyote helmets (MIPS versions) are perfect on my head.

appltn

I measured myself at 58cm and a little bit and a size M Kortal fits me great with a few clicks to go bigger if I’d needed. As always it depends on the shape of your head so you’ll probably just have to try one on.

v7fmp

when i moved from a Large Giro Montaro i was also on the cusp of sizing. I ordered both M/L and XL in the Tectal Spin Race.

The M/L fits like a glove, the XL was absolutely massive.

Been using the M/L Tectal for ages now, really like it. I have one for commuting and one for MTB. Most likely will replace with the same when the time comes!

intheborders
    Free Member

I take the same approach with bike helmets that I took for decades with motorbike helmets:

1 Try it on
    2 Does it fit?
    3 Yes – buy
    4 No – back to 1

Consequently I’ve never bought mail-order, always in a shop.

afrothunder88

I had the same experience as a11y up above, medium was way too tight and the large was too big. Usually a Large in most other brands.

eatmorepizza
    Free Member

Pretty accurate imo or atleast it was last time I bought a POC helmet. 56cm sized nut got the S/M Trabec Race and fitted fine with a little room for a tighter fit, just recently got a Fox Dropframe and glad I tried I bought it from a shop where I could try it on as it Turned out I needed the Large. But yeah, stick a tape measure around your swede and if its an adjustable one just go with the size that correlates or head into an LBS to try some on for a rough idea, if you’d rather order it cheaper on the net just use the excuse “its not really the colour I want” or something

kelvin

I had to go for the larger size as well.

fazzini

I’ve been through this and concluded I can’t wear POC helmets

Me too. POC mips helmet in the ‘correct’ size. Felt OK in the shop, but in actual use, sodding uncomfortable. Gone back to a 15 year old MET helmet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.