Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Place to go for a loan (new car)?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Id like to borrow some money however I’m nervous of applying when all the lenders say the APR is representative i.e. vie applied in the past (years and years ago) and the actual APR comes out a lot higher having hurt my credit history.

can anyone make a good recommendation?

jekkyl

zopa.

the-muffin-man

There is a loans section which shows you the likely-hood you’ll be accepted and the best rates for you. I’ve not applied for loans through them, but I have done for credit cards.

I think the other credit-ref agencies do this too.

sandwicheater

HSBC have a very good rate at the moment.

jonnyboi

depends where you are buying the car, a lot of main dealers do very good rates now.

Last loan we got was Tesco and the apr matched the quote.

Its also good to start saving with your local credit union, after a while you can get loans from them.

tommyo

I’ve just done this for the same reason as you and used Moneysavingexpert creditclub to find my best deal. Ratesetter came up best at 3.1%. Surprisingly I got the advertised rate too when I applied.

cookci
    Free Member

the APR’s seemed a little too good to be true but its nice to hear people are getting those rates. I will investigate the suggestions above cheers.

Also tempted to do a joint application loan as its for the wifes car if any of the above support that

Kuco

Years ago I got my loan straight from Mercedes when Nationwide turned me down, sales man was surprised Merc even accepted my application. When I compared the two Mercedes only worked out £5 month more and would have been even cheaper if I didn’t take the insurance with it.

As the salesman said “We have to be competitive with the banks now days”

dannybgoode

I got finance for my car via Motonovo and was surprised when the interest was around 4%. Far cheaper than any bank would offer me. Note this was an HP agreement so they are technically the registered owner (well were – I’ve just cleared the balance).

No penalties or early repayment fees for settling early either. Very pleased with them.

Note whilst my credit history was not impacted by missed payments etc I had borrowed to the hilt somewhat so was delighted with the figure.

stumpy01

HSBC offering very low apr on loans over £7k. Think it’s around 3.3%…

jonk

Hitachi personal finance are doing good deals and are really good to deal with.

LMT
    Free Member

Got my last one through Citroen the car loan worked out cheaper than the bank, plus I paid it off early in the end meaning I paid no interest. Car dealers sometimes get it wrong, I was shocked when mine cane back pretty much interest free.

spectabilis
    Free Member

I have shit credit so HSBC APR came out a lot higher than advertised. Tesco offered me one at about 1/3 of the APR of HSBC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Place to go for a loan (new car)?’ is closed to new replies.