Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Pensions
  • firestarter
    Free Member

yes its gone but not as in lost but i’ll try explain in type easier in conversation lol

i was advised when i started that i wouldnt get my full pension as i had to retire before i could get my full payments in. so to transfer my army one in. that way i would not only get my full pension in but leave 3 years before retirement age 😉 happy days

then retirement age changed so i no longer have the option to go early but have to stay longer , long enough that without transfering the pension in i could have still got full entilement and had my army pension.

so now once i fill my pot a few years before my new retiremnet age i have to keep paying my pension payments even tho it will now go into the pension pot rather than mine as mine is paid up.

so in effect my army pension has been lost, as i will pay 30 years and give them my army pension and get a 30 year pension where as if i had not transfered it in i would have paid 30 years got a 30 year pension and still had an army one

its all legal as ive had it checked out

i wouldnt mind if the 3 years of extra payments were upping my pension but they are not or if once my pot was filled i had to stay on but no longer contribute that would be fine too but to have to continue paying into someone elses pot is rather galling to put it mildly

apologie for off topic 😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

A lot of benefits are currently means tested, an awful lot of people will never accrue enough of a pension to have more than they would have got anyway, it’s just an extra bonus for the gov.

Not only is this a good point, its a really good point

If there is no change in the way ‘top up’ benefits are applied (for example a pension disregard) then for anyone in a type of career path where they would expect to earn less than the median wage, I’d be willing to bet that its wasted money, so better to spend it and enjoy it.

Personally I’m planning a large bank robbery at retirement – either I get the money, or get free food and board at taxpayers expense 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Pensions’ is closed to new replies.