Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • parking wardens!
  • bamford
    Free Member

Are they allowed to wait in there council provided van, for your ticket to expire by 20 minutes? :/

joao3v16
    Free Member

I would hope they’re expected to be patrolling on foot, not just sitting in a van. But perhaps it was their lunch break.

Other than that, the solution might be to pay for enough parking.

Or you could just try reasoning with them. Tell them you were delayed or something. I bet nobody ever tries to explain their way out of a ticket so they’ll just let you off. 😉

scaredypants

long as they get their man, anything goes. I was once held at knifepoint for half an hour while an accomplice ticketed me.

Then there was the blowjob incident

bastards

alfabus
    Free Member

Surely if they were sat there waiting, they wouldn’t let it get to 20 minutes past due, they would do it as soon as it ran out.

Oh, and yes, they probably are allowed to do that – in fact, someone pays them to do it!

Dave

jon1973
    Free Member

Surely if they were sat there waiting, they wouldn’t let it get to 20 minutes past due, they would do it as soon as it ran out.

Unless they were giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to get back to his car before ticketing. 20 mins over your time isn’t an unreasonable amount of time for them to give you ticket.

Like joao3v16 says, there is a simple solution to avoid parking fines.

Onzadog
    Free Member

In nottingham, you only get five minutes grace past your return time. Sounds like he was on a break and you had a bonus fifteen minutes to move the car.

bamford
    Free Member

This is at 8am, so they know nobody gets. Up yet, or sets off for work from the hotel, quite awkward really, they seemed to have ticketed the Audi, BMW and Maserati, maybe the owners won’t even be phased!

Cougar

If they were waiting in their van for your ticket to expire by twenty minutes, they weren’t waiting in their van for your ticket to expire. Twenty seconds, perhaps.

D0NK

seem to recall Mrs got ticketed 3mins after time ran out, you know what she did? She paid up. When she told me about it do you know what I did? I bloody well told her “oh that was a bit silly of you, ah well nevermind”

Parking wardens eh? Gawdbless em.

maccruiskeen

Yes 20 mins seems more like they were giving you all an awful lot of grace.

If its pay and display parking putting money in the meter at night (after the charging period has ended) will give you a ticket thats valid in the morning instead

loddrik
    Free Member

Just don’t park Illegally or with an expired ticket and then you can have no complaints…..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

From my office window I watch Harrogate’s wardens at work. They regularly stand and wait for tickets to expire so they can fine people. Once I very nearly went out with tea and biscuits for the warden as she stood there.

🙂

D0NK

They regularly stand and wait for tickets to expire so they can fine people

ah but are they standing there waiting for the ticket to expire by 1 minute or are they waiting giving them 5mins grace?

Personally not too fussed either way, if your ticket says 11:07 then at 11:08 you’re shit out of luck anyway you’ve no grounds for complaint.

maccruiskeen

They regularly stand and wait for tickets to expire so they can fine people.

Thats sort of their job

Once I very nearly went out with tea and biscuits for the warden as she stood there.

when i worked in the public sector wasn’t allowed to receive gifts from the public

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thats sort of their job

It sort of is their job yes I agree. But 99% of people come back to their cars in time so 99% of the time they are wasting their time standing there instead of looking for cars that HAVE parked illegally…

😉

Cougar

when i worked in the public sector wasn’t allowed to receive gifts from the public

Also,

Picolax.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BUT – the thing that annoys me is that our road has the most crazy parking restrictions. For most of the road it is 2 hours parking apart from one short stretch that is outside the doctors which is just 20 minutes and a stretch outside the driving examiners office where no parking is allowed.

So people drive onto the road and see a sign saying 2 hours free parking allowed then drive a little bit past the sign and onto the 20 minute bit or the no parking bit (even though bays are marked, they are for the driving examiners office only) and get ticketed.

BUT… The doctors closed down 18 months ago (it is now a private house) and the driving examiners office closed down last December. Yet they still enforce the restrictions based on them being there.

aracer
    Free Member

But 99% of people come back to their cars in time so 99% of the time they are wasting their time standing there instead of looking for cars that HAVE parked illegally…

Presumably they’re waiting by cars with less than 5 minutes to go though – I’d imagine that ups the %s quite significantly. Enough to make it a more productive use of their time than going wandering.

Anyway, if it was a waste of their time, that would mean they’d issue less tickets in total – isn’t that something people would celebrate?

khani
    Free Member

I was working in central London driving a 40ft vactor/jetter unit, went to a job (collapsed main sewer) road and houses flooded with raw sewage, police closed the road and put barriers up and we had beacons flashing on the wagon while we started pumping out the sewer,
    a traffic warden walked past the barriers and past the police and put a ticket on the vactor unit.. 😯

portlyone

Hope they got a bonus for hazardous working

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘parking wardens!’ is closed to new replies.