Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Parents blazing at the school gates – political correctness gone mad again?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Obviously it’s “illegal” but it seems like a bit of a waste of everyone’s time.

Would you complain if there was a parent smoking a joint as they dropped their kids off at school?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-35587817

santacoops
    Free Member

Would you complain if a parent had a can of special brew at the gates?

Saying that, it happens at my boy’s school and its shrugged off.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would you complain

No, probably not.

Would I think to myself “Couldn’t you find a better place to be a stoner*?”

Yeah, probably.

*no, not that one…there’s no good place to be that one. 🙂

Drac

Does a can of special brew cause passive smoking issue?

Haven’t we done this?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Would you complain if a parent only had one tooth and was wearing a Tweed Jacket, a Rangers shirt, Shell suit trousers and white slip on dress shoes when they were picking their kids up?

Sending your kids to school where they might encounter actual real people can be a bit of an adventure.

bigjim

People alarmed by someone having a dooby outside should read the stories on Vice about families where the parents take so much ketamine their kids are getting to primary age without having learnt to speak.

hora
    Free Member

Sending your kids to school where they might encounter actual real people can be a bit of an adventure.

Children can be very impressionable.

Many many people in our society would turn a cheek and think ‘don’t get involved’. Thankfully alot of good people question bad behaviour. At the very least there should be questions asked around safe-guarding. Yes people do smoke weed however to smoke it openly infront of your (very young) primary-school child says to me that they don’t hide their habit (i.e. at home) etc.

I’ve stepped in with badly parked cars/speeding outside my sons primary school – I’d do the same with weed etc.

Theres nothing wrong with caring for your community or trying to be better by being involved.

GrahamS

I don’t think it sets a particularly great example to the kids that are old enough to recognise what it is, but I don’t think I’d complain to the school about it.

Unless of course they were driving.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Does a can of special brew cause passive smoking issue?

Not so much that as the example it sets though isn’t it?

TBH I think its fair enough so long as they are tackling smoking with the same approach (although I suppose the difference there is smoking on the street is legal whilst drinking may not be and smoking weed definitely isn’t). There is a time and a place for it, dropping your kids off at school is neither.

TooTall
    Free Member

People alarmed by someone having a dooby outside should read the stories on Vice about families where the parents take so much ketamine their kids are getting to primary age without having learnt to speak.

This is not a great argument for parents wanting to do well by their kids. You get that, right?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They should also look at the situation in some countries in Africa where children are kidnapped in war-ravaged areas and raised to be conscienceless killing machines.

And think how lucky they are to just have to deal with stoners dropping their children off.*

*No, not that kind of dropping-off…there’d be no excuse for that outside the school gates.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If people want to get mashed thats their choice. But I would suggest that
    1) Do it somewhere a bit more discrete that isnt quite so public.
    2) Dont do it near a school.

The number of parents I see smoking whilst walking with their kids or pushing a pram really infuriates me. As it legitimises smoking in their kids eyes and passive smoking isnt too good for a child’s health.

I was still smoking until my son was 3 (I stopped 6 years ago). He’s never seen me smoke and I’ve never smoked near him for the reasons above.

Surely if people REALLY cared about their children’s health they wouldn’t smoke anywhere near their child.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well put Hora.

Drac

Not so much that as the example it sets though isn’t it?

I agree but it’s not something I’ve ever seen.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I know the area well. I’m not surprised that there are dickheads taking their kids to school thinking this is ok, TBH.

Far from being a story about ‘political correctness gone mad’ (or even ‘we should all think ourselves lucky our kids aren’t being kidnapped’), it’s a story about rough-as-arseholes tosspots not knowing how to behave.

hels
    Free Member

My wee cousinette (my cousin’s son) gets very upset when he sees people smoking. He thinks it means they are about to die, and soon.

bombjack
    Free Member

Nothing to do with political correctness, more irresponsible parents not understanding that a) kids are impressionable and they’ll copy what they see, b) that despite what they think, weed is illegal, and c) that they will in some part be under the influence of the drug whilst they are unfortunately in charge of their children.
    A safeguarding issue is putting it lightly – do they smoke weed in the house subjecting the children to passive effects?
    Its far easier for the school to issue a blanket appeal to stop, rather than confront the individual…

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes to complain.

Smoking drugs infront of children at the school gate not cool.

What next crack cocaine? Give some to the children while there … get them to start young.

konabunny
    Free Member

Amazingly I agree with Hora entirely.

ninfan
    Free Member

I wonder what gave it away?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSItgM-SdHQ[/video]

soobalias
    Free Member

i heard that there was actually air pollution outside a primary school.

oh wont someone think of the baby robins faces.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

so that’s what blazing means…. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ve stepped in with badly parked cars/speeding outside my sons primary school – I’d do the same with weed etc.

That’s a good point I was thinking about when I posted….The self righteous that moaned about the parents smoking; I hope they stick to the speed* limits as they transport their kids to school.

*no, not that kind of speed 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Parents blazing at the school gates

….is probably what happened to these poor kids.

MoreCashThanDash

I agree with hora.

Sounds really petty, but society needs to give kids hope and aspiration. Meekly accepting law breaking by the school gates doesn’t fit with that. We rant enough on here about speeding and crap parking outside schools, the principle is the same.

School needs to issue a note to all parents pointing out that it is illegal and future occurrences will be reported.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

soobalias – Member
    i heard that there was actually air pollution outside a primary school.

Exactly. Obviously owning a big engined 4×4 is morally acceptable, infact it’s even encouraged. It won’t do much for the future of your kids planet though.

jon1973
    Free Member

By the sound of it, it’s about time they re-released the ‘just say no’ song.

[video]http://youtu.be/D2nq8DzYToE[/video]

hels
    Free Member

Now I have this vision of a woman turning up in her pjs, driving a 4 x 4 which she parks badly, whilst swigging special brew and sparking up. Followed by Hora exploding like Mr Creosote.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

….is probably what happened to these poor kids.

😀

Very probably! They only got 62 GCSEs between them IIRC

wilburt
    Free Member

You lot must live in some right shit holes, deservedly so if your not willing to stand up. 🙁

freeagent
    Free Member

You lot must live in some right shit holes, deservedly so if your not willing to stand up

^Hahaha!

We don’t get any of this Sh*t in Farnborough Village.
    The school run mums are too busy trying to impress each other with their Saucony running gear and £500 prams.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spot on Hora.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

On the other hand I imagine parents would be be outraged if the school did nothing knowing an illegal activity was being done close to the school ( child protection etc).

Just because you can doesnt mean its right 🙂

This is the official line from Dave and Co.

soobalias
    Free Member

The school run mums are too busy trying to impress each other with their Saucony running gear and £500 prams.

and when they do that, they still get ripped on here for not running (riding) far or fast enough as they are clearly just poseurs.

gerti
    Free Member

Yip I’d complain.

We shouldn’t all be forced to pander to the lowest common denominator in society. For the sake of future generations surely we should be trying to raise our game?

yunki
    Free Member

Isn’t there conclusive evidence that cannabis is good for child development?

At least, the studies conducted by an anti-cannabis group over 5 years in Jamaica were scrapped because they didn’t produce the results that the group were hoping for..

Smoking dope outside the school should be considered a public service

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Even at my most committed stage of dopeheadity, and I was PRETTY committed, I would have baulked at the thought. Just basic human decency would get in the way, surely? You know, not letting little kids watch you take illegal drugs? Classic scumbaggery, even if you don’t mind your own (or that weeks ‘partners’) kids from seeing it it’s hardly a huge leap to think that others might (understandably) object.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Do the posters who think this is reasonable behaviour live on the Chatsworth estate?

konabunny
    Free Member

Do the posters who think this is reasonable behaviour live on the Chatsworth estate?

I’m afraid I don’t understand. Why should I want to live on Chatsworth’s estate when I’ve got my own estate near Gloucester to live on?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Parents blazing at the school gates – political correctness gone mad again?’ is closed to new replies.