Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • P clip pannier rack mounting + Charge Mixer
  • Ewok
    Free Member

Hi folks,

I’m looking at getting a charge mixer for commuting and playing about on, although it has abolsutely no mudguard or rack mounts…

Charge claim to make a bracket that will allow you to fit a mudguard, anyone used it?

Also they recomend using p-clips to mount your rack. Doesn’t this dramatically reduce weight carrying capability? I do my weekly shop and often have 10kg hanging off one side of the bike, this doesn’t sound like a good idea to me??

cinnamon_girl

I used P clips on my Rock Lobster for touring duties. Went minimalist for 4 days so left the hairdryer behind, panniers were only half full. They did seem secure but at the end of each day I obviously checked them.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Look at the tubus stuff – they do a variety of different mounting kits for their racks for bikes without rack fittings. If you use a rack there is no need for mudguard mounts – mount the mudguard on the rack – more secure, easier and rattle free.

Ewok
    Free Member

Interesting, are mudguards easy to mount on racks? Never tried that before.

Have a look at this pic of the mixer, it looks like there is some eyelet on the right hand side of the hub, is that a raack mount? I was sure it didn’t have any!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘P clip pannier rack mounting + Charge Mixer’ is closed to new replies.