• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Outfront computer mount (road content)
  • white101

After an OTB incident a couple of months ago when my original wahoo mount snapped, I’ve been holding back on a new mount as I have a new bike coming in August. Weight isn’t really a consideration but I was looking at the options for bar mount, quite like the go pro mount option below the computer.

Real world experience welcomed.

pnik

I’ve got the Halfords one on my gravel bike, works quite well with the GoPro below, or a light, got the mount at the same time as the Halfords light with the GoPro adapter. It’s plastic does the job. I have an eBay stem bolt one I used for commuting for a while, but never felt entirely comfortable with the long bolt and funky washer setup, probably fine but feels wrong.

P20

I’ve got one of the alloy ones from eBay. Carries my garmin with the exposure joystik below it. There was the modular one if fresh goods Friday a few weeks back that looked nice with lots of adjustability.

13thfloormonk

Silca dildo?

andrewreay

The official Garmin one is very good but very pricey (£25).

Garmin Out Front

It has a GoPro mount on the underside and other types of mount can be attached.

You can also buy a Wahoo adaptor for the top mount. Getting pricier and less elegant but it is a rock solid mount with lots of options

P20

Fresh Goods Friday 548 – The everything is secret edition

the morsa one in there ☝🏻
    my eBay ones are similar if not the same as jrc components

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had a Barfly one for over a decade now, from back when they were a niche 3D printed thing. Its still going. Only reason I might swap it at some point is it looks a bit naff now compared to the newer ones that mount the computer level with the bars rather than above them.

escrs
    Free Member

Ive always used K-Edge mounts

Had loads over the years from out fronts to stem mounts and top cap mounts

They are expensive but are well made and last, currently have two out fronts on a road bike and the gravel bike, two stem mounts on the MTB’s and a top cap mount on the hybrid

https://k-edge.com/product-category/computer-mounts/

If K-Edge are a bit too expensive then the Contrast knock off version is just as good and cheaper, Ive got one on my other road bike and the wife’s bike

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154140138507?var=454274825583&epid=13005713161&hash=item23e377dc0b:g:vkEAAOSwQSBfhbTD

tonyd

I’ve got one of these on my road bike, which my Wahoo Elemnt Road fits onto:

https://www.jrc-components.com/products/wahoo-computer-mount

and one of these fitted to the underside with a light mount attached:

https://www.jrc-components.com/products/gopro-mount-adaptor?

Worked out pretty expensive but works well. If you plan on going over the bars very often though I’d be wary, I’d imagine these could do some damage to stem/faceplate if they get ripped out by a fall.

cleetonator

I’ve got 76Projects Modular mounts on both the MTB and the gravel bike. Super flexible and will do whatever you need them to do.

cookeaa

I’ve got a cheapy off ebay out front alloy mount that connects off spacers on 2 of the the bar clamp bolts, it’s got a go-pro mount underneath which I’ve used for both mounting lights and a camera on different occasions IIRC it was about £6.

onewheelgood

I’ve got one of these on my Defy
    It’s quite aero, has a gopro mount underneath, and takes up no room on the bars.

dereknova
    Free Member

Have one very similar if not the same to OWGs above, does the job well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My propel came with same one owg has.

Can’t fault it. Has go pro mount on under side (or as I use it….a use joystick mount )

DezB
    Free Member

I’m amazed by the price difference in these things. Why would you pay over £30 for something with a logo on it when ebay/amazon ones are a couple of quid? All it does is hold the computer…
    I’ve just got the one that came with the Garmin, which fits 35mm bars and a £4.95 mount off ebay. Both do the same job as far as I can tell.
    My new See.Sense Beam light fits on em too, which is a nice bonus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Outfront computer mount (road content)’ is closed to new replies.