Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • OT, recommend me a new TV please
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

After a bigger than 40″ flat screen TV, up to £600 and in stock in the UK.

What’s the best value out there and have you got a link to it please?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have just bought a Samsung UHD 43″ curved jobbie to go in a corner (not flat on the wall)l, for £440. The deals you can get now on older stock will not be replicated unless the brexit deal far outweighs everyones expectations, buy a cheap TV now or suffer the consequences :mrgreen: 😆

EDIT, the same TV not curved for £399, check out google 🙄

rossburton
    Free Member

The LG webOS TVs are meant to be very nice, and last years models are cheap as chips now the refresh has just come out (~300 quid for a 42″ at ao.com)

vongassit
    Free Member

Richer sounds 55″ LG £549 at the moment.

woody74

40″ Samsung curved. Ultra HD and brilliant.

Ignore all the silly advice that the picture isn’t clear at angles. Every other HD TV we have now looks terrible.

bodgy
    Free Member

I’m a Panasonic fan. Customer service is fantastic. Although, their TV Apps range is a bit limited – you can get Deezer but not Spotify through the TV (Which is obviously some sort of corporate tie in, as when I emailed them they said that there was “no demand” for Spotify. WTF?)

zippykona

Also 40 inch recommendations please with nice speakers.

Cougar

Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung.

Richer Sounds.

Modern flatscreens don’t have “nice speakers,” budget for a soundbar or do it properly through an AV receiver.

(Basically, same answer as per the last 37 times this has been asked this month.)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks all

Got the outlaws a 55″ curved Samsung UE55K6300 (I think) for just over £500 – it’s HD, not 4k, but looks pretty good when I set it up.

They do a flat version too, I think.

P20

We bought a 40″ Samsung 6400. Really pleased with it. We paid £450 ( I think……) at the time and the 46″ was around £600

Sundayjumper

Are Sony out of favour ? We got one for the bedroom a couple of years ago and I’ve been happy with it, but tbh I didn’t do a whole lot of research, it was simply the one that fitted the space best.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be happy with less than 55′ on that budget, if the room/viewing distance can take it.

That would be my choice http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/panasonic-viera-tx-55dx650b-smart-4k-ultra-hd-55-led-tv-10144936-pdt.html

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Are Sony out of favour ? We got one for the bedroom a couple of years ago and I’ve been happy with it, but tbh I didn’t do a whole lot of research, it was simply the one that fitted the space best.

My pal repairs TVs and he’s always said Sony were up there with the best, and I’ve always been a bit for a Sony fan boi over the years but the latest one is awful. The Android o/s is shocking slow, to the point its now taking getting on for 30 seconds before it’ll change channel when you turn it on, though thankfully the volume still works doing that time (go figure). Most unresponsive pile of crap I’ve experienced for a while.

RustySpanner

Our non android Sony does that too.
    And it’s got the worst interface I’ve ever seen.

Great picture though.

Cougar

The only reason I don’t recommend Sony is because you pay an “Apple tax” on them, they tend to be pricier than competing models. Or at least, that was the case last time I looked, it’s been a while.

ffej
    Free Member

I have a 3 year old Sony 42″.. the interface is so slow at startup and the apps are unreliable to the point of at times being useless. I had to use the nowtv box to access iplayer last night due to constant crashes.

Picture is lovely but i wouldn’t buy another Sony.

Pieface

I bought a Sony and the picture is very good, but as above the UI is terrible.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘OT, recommend me a new TV please’ is closed to new replies.