• This topic has 43 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by chef.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Orange 5 owners… Help me choose. Show me your green and orange frames
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

I’ve narrowed down my choice of colour to the greens and oranges. I’m particularly interested in the neons.

Could you post your green or orange 5 up please with a note on what colour it is to help me decide please?

sweatyyeti
    Free Member

If you’re anywhere near Wokingham then Mountain Trax have a demo five in neon orange.

The photos don’t really do this thing justice, it’s brighter than the sun!

chakaping
    Free Member

Ornage main frame and green swingarm/rims for the full Tic Tac look.

coogan
    Free Member

Jeez, everytime I think an Orange 5 can’t get any uglier, that one show’s up. That is seriously fugly.

elliott-20
    Free Member

This is a bit off topic, does anyone know how to get vomit out of a keyboard? 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

😆

richwales

Awful – the colour isn’t very nice either ;).

imnotamused
    Free Member

Haha, I love that neon orange colour, not sure about the swingarm in white tho. Going to see Stif’s neon orange blood later. They’ve got a neon green there too which is useful.

ChrisL

2007 Orange 5 frame in non-neon orange:

crofts2007
    Free Member

It’s fine having a stand out colour, but next year you will feel like all the people who were daft enough to buy yellow bmw’s!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Not sure if this helps, but it’s mine and it’s green and I love it. Took it round CyB yesterday, followed by a trip up Snowdon the same evening. Came down the mountain first thing this morning. I’m starting to think this could be the ultimate do-it-all bike.

imnotamused
    Free Member

You see, before this I’ve had a grey and black frame, a back frame, and grey frame and a white frame, hence I have a burning desire for something vomit inducing now! Just exactly what kind of vomit is where I’m struggling though.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Neon Green, hard to catch the colour it screws with my camera.

takisawa2

A chap rode behind us round Cannock the other week, on a neon green one. Those braking bumps on the FtD are really the acid erosion from the vomit this thing was inducing by all who happened upon it.

oxforddan
    Free Member

neon green – personally not my colour of choice but love the bike.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Popped into stif this aft where they had a neon green and a neon orange. Love both but have settled on the neon orange. Keep your sunglasses and sick bags close by!

mr_mills
    Free Member

Northwind

That white swingarm is just not right.

Anyway- if you’re going to go with orange you might as well go with ORANGE I reckon, no points for second best.

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ mr-mills.
    Plus 1 on the rover.
    Aren’t the two made of the same steel?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just be boring like me & get a white one,

bigsi
    Free Member

What is the attraction of the Orange 5 ?

Tried a mates one and it was the worst full susser I’ve ever ridden. I just don’t get it 😕

neilc1881
    Free Member

IMAG0478 by neil.d.cox

Raceface orange bashguard on the wrong side for the pic, but I think it looks good. Many wouldn’t. Blends in seamlessly if I leave it propped against a rusty 5-bar gate.

MadBillMcMad

crofts2007
    Free Member

My 5.
    Kinder on the eyes…

takisawa2

They look good in beige.

orangefive
    Free Member

Ive got a neon orange 5 and its BRIGHT – I love it!!!!! Best to see these in the flesh as pics dont do them any justice – ill see if I have an vid.

orangefive
    Free Member

Ive got a neon orange 5 and its BRIGHT – I love it!!!!! Best to see these in the flesh as pics dont do them any justice – also next to my mates neon blood…. and a 5 raw….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tried a mates one and it was the worst full susser I’ve ever ridden. I just don’t get it

I bet youv’e never driven a Fendt tractor either.
    (I suppose I’ll have to explain it?)

montylikesbeer

Mine nicked 5 was neon orange , ’twas nice but I prefer my gun metal grey, all sorts as they say !

anto164
    Free Member

Don’t get mismatched colours…

Looks like you snapped a rear end and orange never had one in the correct colour.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Hire bike shop or candy store? check the first two pics here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150206989686371.310616.567451370&l=9086c708f0

Neon Yellow wins it for me – 5th in from the left – that’ll be the colour of my new Patriot then 🙂

Deveron53
    Free Member

Anybody got a shot of JE James Sheffield Orange 5 medium test bike? Someone must have, it’s hardly ever available.
    The colour is, er ‘unusual’.

montylikesbeer

Old one (nicked), it stood out like George Best at an AA meeting.

New one

5’s are a love / hate thing, I love mine

olympus
    Free Member

😆

Thankyou for posting this thread. I’ve never laughed so much at a STW thread ever!

Particular favourite has to be the beige ‘Orange Five’

takisawa2 you are a funny guy!!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Mate has a neon orange with a White swingarm, matched to fox fork White – it looks great. Don’t like the colour matched rims on the one in the pic above though!

neilc1881
    Free Member

Can’t say that the 5 spot looks any better than a five. But then I ride an Orange.

creamegg
    Free Member

That 5 spot looks worse than any five ive seen, and theres penty of uglier modern bikes out there. I see the Fives as the rugby players of the bike world, a bit rough around the edges but tough, practical and fun, where some other bikes are more like footballers, a bit poncy and weak.
    Granted some Five colours are a bit garish but thats up to individual tastes and a level of customization you wont get from most bike manufacturers. Love it or hate it, the Five is an awesome bike, but then I also ride a Five

orena45

Man these ‘Orange Five’s are ugly’ threads are getting REEEAAALLLLLYYYY boring now. Some love them, some hate them. Get over it!

However, I think we can all unanimously agree that this is the ugliest bike ever produced no doubt…

imnotamused
    Free Member

Takisawa, is that the new crank bros wheelset you’ve got there?

benspoons
    Free Member

green + ccdb ftmfw

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 owners… Help me choose. Show me your green and orange frames’ is closed to new replies.