Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Oooh… 🔥🔥🧻
  • Kryton57

IMG_5474Why do we do it to ourselves 😂🫤💩🧻

mogrim

Hot’s fine, but do they actually taste nice?

thepurist

I wouldn’t walk past a packet of Twiglets to get to them. 🙂

Drac

They’re not that hot.

matt_outandabout

I had a Indian with a Mexican in Belgium last week, as you do.

They had the extra hot Vindaloo.

I just had to ask if, as well as mouth becoming accustomed to nuclear strength heat, had the “exit” also lost its sensitivity over the years….

fasthaggis

>>> I wouldn’t walk past a packet of Twiglets to get to them <<<
    Correct,you should never walk past a packet of Twiglets,they should be jumped on until they are dust,then booted into the nearest bin/landfill. 👍🤣🤣
    Those Doritos look like something to have (as a last resort) at the end of an epic ride or when walking back from the pub*

*Then hate yourself in the morning 😊😁

MoreCashThanDash

Will there be an update in the morning?

donald
    Free Member

I would throw you out of bed for eating them

sweepy
    Free Member

jameso

Ever had Buldak Spicy noodles?
    A bowl of burning horror. Bowels of burning horror too probably but I couldn’t eat much of them. I like spicy food usually but not that.

kayak23

I’ve yet to experience an off the shelf crisp product claiming to be hot that caused me any notable troubles.

Are they really hot right now?

defblade
    Free Member

The Takis are superb (their other flavours not so much) – hot lime pickle, in a crunch.

Northwind

It’s 2024, I’m not going to judge different lifestyles but I’m pretty sure they intended them to go in your mouth.

johnners
    Free Member

They’re not that hot.

We need some sort of benchmark before that’s any help. What do you think is hot?

For me the level that stops being nice and becomes a hanky-bothering chore is between Buldak Spicy Chicken and the 2x variant. I enjoyed the spicy but was regretting the 2x by about half way through.

Those Takis look interesting. Bit niche though, haven’t seen them stocked down my way.

Merak

Regards benchmarking. M&S did a spicy chilli noodle soup a few years ago, since retired.

It was impossible to eat without a cloth to wipe your brow, kicked south Indian garlic chilli chicken from most restaurants into the long grass.

Much missed.

sweepy
    Free Member

Those Takis look interesting. Bit niche though, haven’t seen them stocked down my way.

Well I can get them in the cosmopolitan multicultural melting pot that is Grantown on Spey, In the Latin quarter.

Kryton57

Will there be an update in the morning?

Nothing to say really.  Drac was right, in isolation they arnt that hot but do make your lips sting after half a bag or so.  They don’t go well with beer making it taste bitter and chemically, and there’s no after effects this morning.

halifaxpete

Ever had Buldak Spicy noodles?
    A bowl of burning horror. Bowels of burning horror too probably but I couldn’t eat much of them. I like spicy food usually but not that.

Oh yeah they’ve got a kick! Bought a trade pack of them from Costco recently. I do like them though but need a glass of milk on the side to take the edge off 😅

binners

I need to give these a try…

F3EA388C-362A-4223-9BE3-C0C895FBF180

Drac

We need some sort of benchmark before that’s any help. What do you think is hot?

Food wise? I can eat jalapeño chillies on a pizza with only the odd one giving mr that “oooh that one is a bit of tongue tingler” feeling. Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle with all the sachet in has a nice pleasant heat. Snack wise I’ve not found any that are particularly hot.

Cougar

I need to give these a try…

See, I’m totally down for the “extra flaming hot” because the regular ones aren’t.  But Crunchy Wotsits are crap, they’re like a Ponudland Cheeto.

boblo
    Free Member

Now this is what you want for full nuclear meltdown. I like hot but sweet Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey…

In fact, I’ll send you a packet if you promise to video eating them and post here. No jump cut cheating tho…

Drac

They are pretty hot.

theotherjonv

Yep, there’s a few asian supermarkets near here with shelves of packet noodles with 1, 2 and 3 chilli logos on. And of course variation in that brand to brand. I’ve had one chilli logo stuff that was brow mopping (for me) – lord knows what 3 chilli is like.

dyna-ti

but do they actually taste nice

They taste of fire. Given that pretty much numbs the senses, I suppose you could say they don’t taste of anything.

Take an apple. Tastes of apple right ?. but infuse that with chilli or whatever mouth burning substance, and what do you taste ? Certainly not the apple, all you get is a burning sensation in your mouth.

Daffy

Many of the American super hot nacho cheese Doritos are just that – lava/cheese flavour.

johnners
    Free Member

They are pretty hot.

That 2x variant is too much for me. Between the eye watering and nose running I can’t make out anything but the bitter taste of regret.

Their ordinary hot chicken is nice though, as is the habanero and lime flavour!

Drac

IMG_0904

Don’t bother.

CountZero

Carolina Reaper? I’ve got a few, the amount I use, I think I’ll be leaving them in my will! I slice off a very thin piece, about a fingernail size, chop it into powder, then add it to whatever I’m cooking. The fact that I can taste it and feel the heat tends to indicate that more might not be a good idea.

I also wear nitrile gloves, just to be on the safe side; contact with skin and delicate membranes is contra-indicated… 🥵🤯

hatter

The Buldak range is one to approach with a degree of caution, that little chicken is not to be trusted. As a rule of thumb, if Koreans find it spicy, its ‘refrigerated bog roll’ time.

Those Fuego Takis also have quite the poke to them.

jameso

“Now this is what you want for full nuclear meltdown.”

That’s the offender. Made the mistake of taking a pack on a bikepacking trip once.

tomhoward

Did this last year (this actual event, I’m pictured in the article) and tried all the super hot stuff

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/i-took-hot-ones-vegan-30859441

anything less than 800,000 scoviles holds no fear for me, but north of that requires a lot of beer, and/or ice.

No issues on exit though

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.