Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • “Oof!”
  • MrSparkle

Just seen this pic on the MM site. Well, it made me go ‘Oof!’

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

yep, I just went oof too!! very oofsome.

druidh
    Free Member

Rotational injury?

mrsflash
    Free Member

That’s ironmaiden from here (although haven’t seen her post in quite a while). It was quite spectacular!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yeah that Lycra does look like its gonna chaffe…..

uplink
    Free Member

Eat dirt sucker!

tinsy
    Free Member

Nice to see the helmet was staying put on her head and saving her swede, just goes to show how shite the testing is on the lids we buy..

Nobby

The anticipation of the oof is unbearable.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have never (touch wood) had a crash that committed.

tinsy
    Free Member

“Look ma I can fly”

neilb67
    Free Member

One of Mr Craytons best photos… 😀

peachos
    Free Member

Nice to see the helmet was staying put on her head and saving her swede, just goes to show how shite the testing is on the lids we buy..

looks to me like she aint got it strapped on properly. if she had properly adjusted straps the lid would not be where it is on this picture!

mk1fan
    Free Member

I saw a film where a woman was in a similar position (OP photo), same look on her face too.

Ouchy wowah!!

onandon
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I recall that chap jumping the great wall of China died from that fail.

lowey
    mk1fan
    Free Member

What guy jumping the Great Wall of China?

woody2000

yossarian
    Free Member

oof is my 2 years old’s favourite word. he walks around shouting ‘oof’ a lot at the minute

OOOOOF

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Apparently he landed that Woody…

MrAgreeable

mk1fan, have a look here.

http://www.thebikebook.com/pictures4.html

The pictures are pretty eerie, knowing what happened afterwards.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

sootyandjim
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

ironmaiden is more into triathlons these days

mattsccm
    Free Member

Without being to stereotypical almost every woman I see wears their helmet wrong. Women stick them on the back of the head so you can see the forehead like some fancy number at Ascot. It won’t stay there. My other half does even if I set the straps properly when she isn’t looking. Strange things women.

Smee
    Free Member

A quick slap to the forehead sorts that one out mattsccm.

DezB
    Free Member

on and on’s is the best. you can taste the concrete.

caledonia
    Free Member

I Love the commitment in the one.
    He’s even still got hold of the bars !

caledonia
    Free Member

or

Ironmaiden
    Free Member

mrsflash – hello babe glad to see you’re still about 🙂 you ‘Mayheming’ this time around???

Rocketdog – correct I am up for Ironman UK again this year hence no MM but planning a return in 2010. I will try and upstage myself with a slightly improved photo which shows my better side 😉

Always nice to see the usual tw*t club elements who say ‘she can’t have fastened her helmet properly…’ and usual other patronising, know-it-all nonsense. FFS you dimwits do the facts that:

1) my helmet was in 3 pieces when I took it off;
    2) one of the 3 pieces, along with the peak, had turned inwards and embedded itself into the skin across my forehead necessitating trip to ambulance to get 2in long gash stitched up; and
    3) the Glagow smile / rope burn effect I got across my neck which stayed for two weeks

not suggest to you that it looks a bit loose ‘cos it smashed to bits on impact, the CORRECTLY ADJUSTED straps pulled through their fastenings and cut into my neck (which probably helped stop it being broken).

Why don’t you try slamming your face into concrete hard ground with your correctly fitted helmet on with the weight of your bike on top of you and see what position it’s in when (if) you get to stand up again.

stugus
    Free Member

lol, thats you told peachos!

Haze

njee20
    Free Member

Trek used that photo as an advert to sell lock-on grips to dealers, in the shot your grip appears to have come off, which they suggested caused the crash (albeit jokingly!), you should demand a percentage of the profits made from the extra lock-ons sold!

steve_b77
    Free Member

This might smart a little

Anyone wanna play “Insert a Caption”

Surely that bike should be on the road?

bruneep
    rOcKeTdOg

i think he got that a bit wrong (or was it the wrong bike?)

Ironmaiden
    Free Member

njee20,

yep they were right, actually. It never helps when you’ve put your left hand out to thank the marshals on MM finish line and the right hand bar grip comes clean off. The ‘look no hands’ moment lasted only a nanosecond and I was so knackered having been riding the bl**dy thing for 24 hours that nothing registered and the next thing I knew I was on the deck and trying to get back on the bike with half the crowd yelling at me to stop. Paramedics collared me on the line.

Probably why I didn’t break my neck – I was so shattered I just never saw it coming. Defo should have got some commission though – ah well – at least everyone had some light entertainment at my expense (tut).

LBS did fit me some lock-on bar grips gratis though 🙂

onandon
    Free Member
    Rockplough
    Free Member

Bloody hell Ironmaiden. I’m glad you came out of that (relatively) ok. The more I look at the photo the worse it gets. Thanks for the explanation though, I was wondering how you’d managed such a spectacular dismount on a flat bit of ground.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘“Oof!”’ is closed to new replies.