• This topic has 46 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TimP.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • One in a million incident or wheelset design flaw (Crank Brothers Content)
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

Give up on riding. I’ll take that horrible bike off you for £100. You’re welcome.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Nasty. I had it happen once, maybe 10 years ago, coming off Leith Hill tower. The bike stops very quickly and you’re completely unprepared – this was on a level(ish) smooth trail. I got off much lighter than you but still put me in A&E to get a slash across my knee sorted (from a light bracket on the handlebars)

Snapped the stick (was lying in two pieces next to the bike). No damage to the wheel. Stick was about 25mm diameter

Possibly is slightly more likely with fewer spokes thinking about it.

That *is* one cute dog.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry to say PP as usual you are looking to slate someone and make yourself seem big and clever.

As usual? Hmmm. Just saying what I think. And I’ll bet I’m not the only one to think it.

I think you have the wrong impression if me too. Hey ho! 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I think you should probably get rid of the wheels, whether they’re to blame or not, you’ve lost confidence in them because of that niggling doubt which will hamper your riding.
    you can’t ride around avoiding sticks for the rest of your life 😀

flyingfox
    Free Member

Yes, it’s more likely to happen. It’s obvious that it will and with so few spokes it must surely be more likely to flatspot the rim between the spokes? And they’re superblingy so someone’s going to hate you for having them. Oh, and the first few had terrible freewheels. AND there was no real reason to “reinvent” the wheel in the first place.

However, I ride them because:

1. They attract attention to my Morewood Zula so customers ask about it (it’s a ploy but at least I’m honest about it!).

2. We sell them (from time to time but not very often!). We also sell Hope Hoops (and sell quite a few) and the odd handbuilt wheel.

3. They’re actually really good. I run mine with Q/Rs front and rear and they’re a lot stiffer than my handbuilt Hope/819 wheels and feel a lot nicer. It sounds ridiculous but I change bikes quite a lot and I can feel the difference (in a good way).

RV
    Free Member

£100 you say. I’ll give it some thought.

TimP
    Free Member

PP is so big he got a car stuck in his spokes and bent the whole frame!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘One in a million incident or wheelset design flaw (Crank Brothers Content)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM