Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • On One’s ‘BIG 500’ sale
  • AB
    Free Member

Anybody buy anything? Couldn’t see anything I fancied.

finbar
    Free Member

Nope, considered getting some bar tape but by the time you’ve added postage CRC was still cheaper.

foureyes
    Free Member

nowt for me thanks

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep, got 2 x sram 950 cassettes, 2 x sram PC971 chains and 1 x XT chainring. total of £66, including delivery. nice one.

tootallpaul

A couple of chainrings and a LX disk caliper for 35 notes.

Not too bad.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Sram cassettes, deore front mech, stem, cheap bib shorts.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

dinotte AA tail light is well worth 40 quid

poppa
    Free Member

Buggerfarts, I just bought xt inner and outer rings, could have got SLX for peanuts!

karnali
    Free Member

fancy some of the s2 clothing but can’t fin pics or sizing, maybe some new road bars as well and one of hose shoulder bags fo thelaptop

atlaz
    Free Member

Cassettes, chains, bar tape for my 20 year old road bike that I’m getting back from my parents garage.

theflatboy
    Free Member

fancy some of the s2 clothing but can’t fin pics or sizing, maybe some new road bars as well and one of hose shoulder bags fo thelaptop

there are pics of the s2 stuff, but you have to look on the normal sale area rather than the big list.

Stoner
    Free Member

set of track hubs for £30 for a rainy day build, spare chain for a fiver for the spares box, a front hub for a pomp (sharing one front wheel bvetween two pomps at the moment! 🙂 ), some oury grips to give them a go and some LX callipers for the spares box for £20.

All for £80. I know its from the school of shopping like a bird, but Ive certainly wanted some new hubs for a while…so I can justify it to myself 🙂

BTW you really do need to view the page in IE or something other than FF as FF does miss off quite a lot of stock for some reason.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m not supposed to be buying stuff this month, but it’s silly not to with some of those prices for stuff i know i’ll need soon anyway (that’s what i’m practising saying for when i get home)

orena45

Some new SLX chain rings for me and a new LX shifter to replace the one I broke at Penmachno couple of weeks back. Happy days.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Can’t figure out what you get and what you don’t with the Dinotte stuff.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers for the headsup, did’nt know it was on.

xt m770 shifters for 40quid and bonty carbon bar ends for a tenner, bargain!

theflatboy
    Free Member

oh no, i’ve gone and bought a set of hubs as well, for the new set of wheels that i’ve just convinced myself i need 😆

ChrisS
    Free Member

I ordered some shorts but couldn’t find any sizing info so just guessed. I think my old on-one big shorts are an XL and they fit my 36″ waist, 6ft 1 height just fine. Hopefully the S2 stuff is similar.

nickc

Can’t bring myself to order from the site, it’s so badly laid out, no pictures, no sizing, awful

Stoner
    Free Member

it is a masterclass in how not to run an online shop isnt it? 🙂

Some pics and info can be found on the item details in the main shop (check both O-O and PX sites)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

anyone know if the lx rotor is 6 bolt?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

and what does this mean?

BIG 500 SALE :: Shimano LX Rotor only (not for sale on own)

nickc

it is a masterclass in how not to run an online shop isnt it?

True. There’s probably stuff on there I’d like to get, but if they’re going to make it hard, then I’ll spend my “fun” dosh on itunes instead…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cassettes & chains for me, it would be rude not to 😉

nukeproof
    Free Member

SRAM PC971 chains…

…any good? XT equivalent? Always have Shimano chains but at £11 they seem cheap

james
    Free Member

6 SLX chainrings, 4 chains, and a casette should see me through the next few years with the other bits I stocked up from merlin before things went as high as they are now

james
    Free Member

probably better than XT (HG93) imo. Shimano chains seem to snap more and don’t ‘feel as solid’ ime

nukeproof
    Free Member

probably better than XT (HG93) imo. Shimano chains seem to snap more and don’t ‘feel as solid’ ime

Yep, sounds good….I’ll get a couple.

Bashrings at £15 as well so I’ll try one of those

heihei

nukeproof – I bought a bashring this week (paid full price – d’oh) and the black one that states it covers a 34t chainring doesn’t. So it’s going back. Light though.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Got a couple of XC rims and a chain tool. Stupid prices so would buy more but I cannot be bothered to guess the products (and why are you not supposed to use FF?). Oh, well…

theflatboy
    Free Member

well that’s pretty **** annoying – got the hubs i ordered no probs, got an email today saying “sorry you can’t have the cassettes and chains, we’ve run out”.

i realise they probably had hundreds of orders to sort out, but when i ordered them they were listed on the site as having “lots”, so they obviously lost my order in the system. rubbish.

nbt

BTW you really do need to view the page in IE or something other than FF as FF does miss off quite a lot of stock for some reason.

Yes, as I discovered having order loads of cassettes and chains (which arrived yesterday, sorry theflatboy), ther looked again in IE and discovered XT pedals @ £40. Order apair and asked them to tag it on the order I’d already placed, but that’s arrived without pedals – wonder if my pedals will arrive?

DezB
    Free Member

Carbon roadbike caliper brake for £20. Bloomin cheap (RRP is something like £130 a pair) and something that does actally need replacing!

ChrisS
    Free Member

@ flatboy – I ordered an extra SRAM 950, 11-32 cassette that I don’t really need, let me know if you want it and it’s yours for the same price as planet-x.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that is very kind of you – if you’re sure that it’s spare then email me at theflatboy at gmail dot com with your paypal details, or however you want me to sort the cash and i’ll get it done. legend!

ChrisS
    Free Member

YGM

orena45

I feel your pain flatboy, just got an email to say the SLX middle ring I ordered isn’t in stock – that was the main reason for me ordering a few items in the sale! Oh well 🙁

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve just had a similar email saying my chain and Hozan Chain Tool are not in so cancelled from my order. Not too narked but having two items cancelled and still being charged £5 postage has made it a pretty pointless exercise and wiped out any saving now.

richcc
    Free Member

Also just checked credit card and been charged for the stuff when I placed the order. I’m no lawyer but I suspect On-one and I have entered into a contract which they’ve not fulfilled…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘On One’s ‘BIG 500’ sale’ is closed to new replies.