Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • on-one 500 sale update….
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

after posting this thread

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-500-sale

i finally received the bars, and they are faulty, i sent an email to advise, and i am disgusted by the response, a serious lack of customer service, after 10 days of f*cking me around, and i get grief over not being happy with the end result! i have had better customer service from Dave Hinde, and his company is shocking……….

thepodge
    Free Member

must you really start 100 threads about this?

joe1983
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Trev, I got my first consignment today (ordered fri) and am pretty happy. Packaging was a bit shite and they didn’t include a quick link for my chain (then told me the chains don’t come with them – when I KNOW they do) but other than that all good. Can’t grumble at the prices and my gold large flange hubs look a lot better than I expected to be honest.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

dont respond if your not interested! this is a forum to offer advice and ask questions, if you dont like it look elswhere.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

ask them for you powerlink and see what response you get…….

joe1983
    Free Member

Asked, they said ‘just push the pin in at the end of the chain’ (they had left a pin halfway stuck in one of the plates) and that they dont come with links – I know they do cos I have bought the same chain before. Not the end of the world though.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Oh no yoy can’t go slagging off the sacred on-one, you’ll get lynched!

Funny how they can be so rubbish but its passed off as idiosyncratic and just the way they do business. If another online retailer did it they’d get a right bashing (in a forum kind of way).

Stoner
    Free Member

joe – which chain did you order. Shimano chains dont come with a powerlink/quicklink…

and Trev, in what way are they “faulty”?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I ordered a set of bars on he first day of the sale. Got an email last thursday saying that they were out of stock now!! No shit. Took 11 days from me paying to me receiving refund.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

the bars are faulty (which is not on-ones fault) the center marker which is the ritchey badge is 10mm to the left! as are the other graphics, so when it is correctly centered you see the markings sticking out out 5mm at the side of the stem faceplate, but they have cut the bars to the original marker, which makes the bars 10mm longer on one side…… but this is something that on one cant be blamed for, it is the customer service i received that is bollocks. at one point i had one guy emailing me promising a refund, at exactly the same time another was promising me the goods, do they not talk to each other, amateurs……..

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

be careful Andy, when they collect these ones, you might get an email saying ” we have just found some bars, do you still want them?” they could be these ones! in fact, that’s probably what happened to me!

joe1983
    Free Member

I ordered the KMC Z510 gold chain, along with another KMC that did come with a quick link. Just rechecked other places that sell the 510 and they supply with a quick link too. As I said though not going to have a fit over a quick link!

richcc
    Free Member

Anyone got an answer regarding WTF they are doing with refunds? Took my cash but only had half of the stuff in stock. Wondering when they are going to put money back on my card.

Could contact On-one but suspect someone on here has already asked the question

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

also been asked to return the grips and stem that they gave me FOC for all the f*ck-ups! hilarious!

thepodge
    Free Member

on one have parp service, YAWN. we’ve all heard it before.

i’m neither for nor against them, I just don’t see why you have to post on a new thread when you already link your previous one.

daveplanetx
    Free Member

” we have just found some bars, do you still want them?” they could be these ones! in fact,

Whilst clearly we made a right mess up of this , and its one of those cases where things just went from bad to worse and I really tried to sort things out . We did go to quite extensive efforts to sort it , – on returning from Taipei show Saturday I saw some correspondence on this , as there was a reminder for the refund , asked Trevor what the out of stock was , found out it was actually a ritchey carbon bar .
    The realised I had an unused ti 456 with an unused bar on in my spare room .
    Told trevor he could have this , if he wanted , or of course a refund , also said he could have a stem / grips of his choice to go with it .
    In the meantime caroline our customer service girl was working at the weekend catching up with refunds backlog and issued a refund to trevor
    Trevor accepted the offer on condition it arrived quickly , I said we would send on tuesday to arrive weds , next day .
    So we took the last set of bars , off my own unused bike , sent next day on tuesday , with a free grips / stem , , they arrived wednesday , and trevor considered the bars second quality .

We have now asked trevor to send the bars back , or give us a collection adress and we will get collected .

We have apologised many times , I feel despite some mess ups we also went quite far in trying to resolve it , it didnt work out , were very sorry , but I think in terms of customer service we really had a crack at sorting it , but it failed , sorry , but I dont think were worse than Dave Hinde just yet ? Now my bike hasnt got any bars .

MrSmith
    Free Member

have you tried chain reaction? they have loads of bars for sale.

firestarter
    Free Member

i ordered a frame and some other bits and im very happy with the service. The packing was reused but why not if its usable. Not much help to you trev but thought it might redress the balance.

HTTP404
    Free Member

i have had better customer service from Dave Hinde

You seem to have found an answer to your problem.

this is a forum to offer advice and ask questions

And exactly what constructive advice and questions have you offered?
    afaik, you’re just on here to whinge.

Tis the perils of internet shopping that’s all. That’s life matey.
    Live with it or stick to your LBS.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

O-O and PX have both made small errors with stuff I’ve ordered from them, but they’ve sorted it out quickly and I have no complaints. Everyone makes mistakes, right?
    🙂

jimw
    Free Member

I had a problem with incorrect pedals sent- matter was sorted very quickly with very good communications(although haven’t had the postage back as agreed yet but I did only send stuff on Wednesday!)I’d use them again

40mpg

I got some new bars for my road bike – major bargain! Very quick delivery too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘on-one 500 sale update….’ is closed to new replies.