Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On One 456 Sizing
  • MS
    Free Member

Just wondering what sizes people go for.

I am just over 6ft, ride a Large (19inch) Scott Scale 30.

456 would be a ‘fun’ bike so would not be racing it, but melting it downhill!

What size do people ride. I was thinking 18inch?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

yep

taxi25
    Free Member

18″ seems to fit 90% of people.I wouldn’t go to the 20″ umless your over 6ft 2″.

higgo
    Free Member

Just over 6″ here (185cm) and have had an 18″ since they first came out. Never wished it was bigger or smaller.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m a compressed disc short of 6ft and ride a 16. That said, I specifically bought it to be small as a larking-about-tight-trails-in-the-woods bike.

With a 90 mm stem (albeit with about 30mm of steerer spacers) It turns out to be good at what I bought it for, and strangely all-day rideable too.

Geometry wise, I offered it up to my 19inch 5spot and its pretty damn similar, with only the top tube being 0.5inches shorter. The 5spot gets its 19inch from a big seat mast above the top tube join.

firestarter
    Free Member

im 5 9 and ride a 16 which with a 70mm stem is the same cockpit length as my medium 5 spot with a 90mm stem on

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m 185cm and had a go on friend’s 456 20.

He did have the saddle really high though but it was fine.

You need a test ride ideally.

Also depends on your ideal stem length/turning in handling and also how you want the ride position.

18 Will fit you but with a short stem you will be sitting up unless you have a long seat post while 20! will have you slightly more aero.

I think you need to see if anyone will let you sit on theirs or try a 20″ frame similar geometry at LBS or Halfrauds?

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I am 5’11” and have a 19.5″ GF Big Sur as I like a long top tube (my torso’s similar to most guys of 6’2″). I doubted it at first but the 18″ 456 is ideal for me and I can still use more length with a layback post or slightly longer post if I needed to.

I got the Ti but I’m sure the difference is minimal, I love it and the (very slight) shorter length on the top tube is actually slightly helpful.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Against the majority here – I’m 5’11” and ride a 20″, saddle height at 763mm.

Tried 18″ and it felt a little short in the reach, with seatpost pulled out a LONG way

Fits me perfectly, but set up for mainly XC/Trail/singletrack riding rather than radical DH hooning.

Clink

5’10”, 34 leg rode an 18″ with 80mm stem – was spot on (and medium Soul). Wife’s 16″ Inbred feels to short and low, even with a fair few spacers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

18″ for you I’d say, especially if you want it as a play bike.
    I’m 5’10” and 16″ is perfect for me.

jonb
    Free Member

5′ 10″ and I ride the 18inch.

With the seat up it’s a mile eater, with the seat down it a great play bike. I run a short stem and a looong post.

Looking at the specs there’s very little in it between the 18″ and 16″ but as you’re that bit taller I’d go for the 18″ unless you are purely planning on playing and never really going for long rides.

MS
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

It will be for long days and will be my alps bike when i go back out next year. Looking at the geometry its similar top tube lenght to my scale.

But i guess stndover will be smaller.

Inbred456
    Free Member

6ft4″ in the morning and 6ft3″ at night. 20″ inbred perfect for me.

carlphillips
    Free Member

a shade short of 5’10 and 16″ is really good for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.