Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On-one 456 or geared inbred – advice!
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hi there,

My husband is thinking about changing his frame to either a 456 or a geared inbred.

Can anyone offer any advice as to which rides best or the difference between the two? Subjective I know, but any info appreciated.

Oh and he’s probably looking at running 120mm forks so doesn’t necessarily need the 456.

Cheers!

Clink

I loved my 456 – but found it worked best with an adjustable fork ( I has Revs) to wind down for the climbs. Down hill was a real blast.

btw 14″ Inbred is with powder-coaters at the moment – I’ll send you a pic when its done

markenduro
    Free Member

Both ride similar, the 456 is tougher and will encourage him to be a bit lary.

ski
    Free Member

14″ Inbreds are the best looking out of the sizes they do.

My Mrs uses a 14″ Inbred with 120mm Bombers, she loves the combo.

456 or Inbred, don’t think you can go far wrong with either.

hora
    Free Member

Why not the scandal then? Light, scandium and 120 would be great? Alot lighter as well? If he does mainly XC I’d go for the Scandal.

sv

Not a massive difference – different top tibe diameter, slighly different geometry. Love my geared Inbred, nice in white IMO.

jonb
    Free Member

I have ridden both and there’s no obvious difference between the two (beyond the setup I was using).

Is the geared inbred still available? If so you have choice, if he ever thinks singlespeed may be a good idea the slot dropout would be advantageous. If he likes to jump, ride drops etc then the 456. If he’s more wheels on the ground then the inbred.The price is different. But it may come down to which colour he likes the most!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys. All great advice. He’s decided to go for the 456 – he’s much more trail than XC and likes doing jumps and drops, etc. so I think it’s a great choice. I think he’ll love it – he’s likes being lary (on trails that is)

Thanks again, MM

(Clink – looking forward to seeing the 14″! In the end, I decided to keep mine red as I actually really like it in the flesh. Took it for it’s first proper ride today – was amazing!)

daveells
    Free Member

Glad you like it juliet ,aimee loves her new prince albert too 😆

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Cool – that’s great to hear. The forks were lovely too. We did a couple of loops of Fodca yesterday and really enjoyed it! Feel a bit battered now though, but hey singlespeeding certainly does get you fit! (albeit, slightly painfully at the beginning!) Cheers again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On-one 456 or geared inbred – advice!’ is closed to new replies.