Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • On my way to get the snip!
  • rmgdsc76
    Free Member

How long before you can service the machine again?

joepose
    Free Member

How do you know 100% that you wont need it again one day?
    Im happy and a family guy but nothing is certain in life is it?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Because I’m happy with the kids I have and don’t want any more. I’m 40 this year and don’t see it being a realistic need in the future. Also if we do want anymore, we will apply to adopt.

rmgdsc76 – Member
    How long before you can service the machine again?
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

The way they look at the minute it’s going to be a while. 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

You sure they did not take something extra away leaving you with one … 😯

brian2
    Free Member

Cost me £25 30 yrs ago; private with a local anaesthetic. I remember lying there with my nuts in a steel kidney dish watching smoke wafting up to the ceiling. The clinic was on the same street that staff (predominantly female)from a packaging factory walked along at the end of their shift. I came out the clinic at 5.15pm which had a long footpath to a gate onto the street. There were hordes of them walking past. I remember thinking “****, they know what this place is”!! So I did my best nonchalant walk down the path to the gate and got in my car. There was a bunch of them pissin’ themselves laughing and taking the mick. As I got in the car, I looked down and the cotton wool padding they had dressed my nuts with was hanging out of my zip; which I’d forgotten to do up in my hurry to get out.
    Anywhoo; my mates got me a tee shirt printed with IOFB on the front, and I wore it every Friday for months afterwards.
    Best £25 I ever spent and absolutely no problems or issues; except it doesn’t it doesn’t get tested as much these days.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Safe to say it’s a lot more than £25 to go private these days!

MoreCashThanDash

I love my two kids more than anything, the most precious and amazing things I have been involved with.

But I was mid-30s when we started, I was 40 when I had the snip. I never want to have any more for a whole heap of reasons – health, financial, age are just some.

If I end up back on the market for a woman with child bearing aspirations, she just can’t have kids with me. It will be part of the package. She will have to be with me in order to be with me, and not with a view to us having our own family.

I realise I may well die a lonely and bitter old man on the back of this. Or I might get divorced first….. 😉

iainc

Done under a general 8 yrs ago, along with some cysts removed, not long after youngest was born. Bit achy for 3 months or so afterwards, otherwise fine. If I’d known I was gonna get prostate cancer requiring surgery 7 yrs later might not have bothered 🙄

brian2
    Free Member

Yep, I agree. At the time, I was 28, we had two sons. All we wished for (despite problems with both at birth). We decided that was enough so I went for the snip, not wishing my wife to have to take responsibility and the health risks of contraception. My attitude was that even if I failed as a husband; I’d still be a Dad. Thankfully all is good 30 yrs down the line. So, for me, best £25 ever spent.

mintimperial

Oh, I know. Fool me once…

chewkw
    Free Member

Genuine question … do people (particularly STW folks) practice backdoor to avoid some of the unwanted responsibilities?

😛

mudshark
    Free Member

Also if we do want anymore, we will apply to adopt.

Might be easier and quicker to get a reversal.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Mrs toppers is an adoption social worker.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I love your genuine questions chewwy. And there’s so many of them.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc[/video]

toppers3933
    Free Member

Off back to the docs this morning. Still very swollen and very painful. Can’t walk very far and standing up is very uncomfortable. Which is annoying because I need to stand up all day for work. Hopefully he’s got some ideas. 😯

wwaswas

oh dear – hope it’s nothing serious.

One of my colleagues ended up with a scrotal abcess (do not google this) and was incapacitated for some time whilst the pus drained out. Did I say not to google it? Don’t. Just don’t.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’ve a nasty feeling that’s what this is. I have no intention of googling it.

MoreCashThanDash

Former colleague of mine got an infection and was off work 2 months, unable to wear anything but extra long t-shirts. Much to the concern of his 15 year old daughter!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

two words of advice for the bruising – tight underpants

tallmart10

I really wish I hadn’t googled that. Its put me off my lunch.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Op sorry to hear that, but genuinely rather you than me 😀

BTW are you receiving sympathy from Mrs Topper or the “try having a baby” response to any complaints ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm thread has me considering cancelling my appointment 😕

wwaswas

I really wish I hadn’t googled that.

did I mention that you shouldn’t google it? Don’t google it. Really.

mos

There was a nice female trainee nurse sitting in on mine. About halfway though she had to sit down because SHE was feeling a bit queezy, FFS.

brassneck

Im happy and a family guy but nothing is certain in life is it?

I’m 44. The idea of a 16 year old at 60 fills me with terror.

Mrblobby – you’ll always get the scare stories on these threads. For most people it’s not a big deal, just read the info and actually follow it, not thinking ‘Pah, I’m fine. I’ll go for a 30 mile CX ride in boxer shorts’. Week tucked away in tighty whiteys (Mr Beckhams finest from H&M are very comfy, I’d not worn ‘briefs’ since I was old enoguh to buy my own) and you’re pretty much back to normal.

tallmart10

I know wwaswas, but I couldn’t help myself. Its a bit like when my mate said, “Don’t try to bike across that drainage pipe. Its slippery”. I sometimes wonder how I ever made it to my age.

wwaswas

tallmart10 – definitely don’t put a £100 in my paypal account 😉

tallmart10

Ah, I see what you did there.. 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘On my way to get the snip!’ is closed to new replies.