Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • OK who has been sent home from work and are not happy about it?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

My other half has just set off to work in full on winter mountaineering kit!  2 1/2 mile walk to work as no buses running here in Edinburgh.

Seriously? With rope, crampons, snow goggles, helmet, ice pick etc? Is she not risking arrest for carrying a weapon?

😂

tjagain

😉  just the clothing inc boots and gaiters!  I suggest the ice axe but she said no!

tjagain

Rayban – as I said – your response shows how little you know.  How many nurses and other essential healthcare workers do you think are on shift in Edinburgh coming from how many locations?  Into the thousands I would think

I am proud of how my profession responds in these situations.  They don’t complain, they just get on with it.

Registered nurses like me cannot go home until our relief comes on duty – and we all know that.  People are relying on us.  Blind diabetics in the community needing district nurses to give insulin injections, My patients are frail and vulnerable and need a lot of care.  It will not wait until tomorrow.

this is why we have an adverse weather policy – because without it people will die.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Blind diabetics in the community needing district nurses to give insulin injections

Yeah, Mrs Jay was out for a few hours today but it’s pretty mild here at the mo – she’s meant to be working right through till Tuesday and we’re on a red warning.

Their plan involves walking to patients they can reach, there’s a couple in our road and the next over which is fine, but there’s one guy in a village a few miles up the road that none of them live close to, if it comes to it I’ll have to hike to my mates house, borrow the 4×4 and try to get there, or it’s the Police / Mountain Rescue.

jam-bo

The VPN load has been so high that non-essential staff have been told to stay logged off.

just had to be talked through resetting an bunch of servers that had crashed/overloaded as the main IT guy was locked out and I was one of the only ones with an active connection.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘OK who has been sent home from work and are not happy about it?’ is closed to new replies.