Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Oi beardy!
  • emma82
    Free Member

So, if your SO wasn’t sure about or didn’t like your hairy face would you shave it off? I’m just not sure about it 🙁

Also, will it ruin my our wedding photos?! I’ve never faced such a dilemma. It’s even in three colours, black grey and GINGER.

And before anyone has the compulsion to take the pee it’s my hubby to be growing the beard not me 😛

Irish_AL
    Free Member

are we talking full face, goaty or lady pleaser 😆

emma82
    Free Member

Full face

yossarian
    Free Member

Black, grey and ginger?

emma82
    Free Member

I know, ginger is bizarre as well because his hair is black and he doesn’t have grey hair anywhere else either 😳

Irish_AL
    Free Member

will it ruin my our wedding photos

Full face

in that case time for a shave….unless of course the 3 coulours in said beard match the any or all of the colours choosen for dresses suits etc 😆

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if i suddenly got a lady friend, mine would be coming off – its white and ginger – i’ve neither white nor ginger hair anywhere else on my body.

however, it would leave an awful just-shaved tan line, which would also look awful.

emma82
    Free Member

That’s the thing you see, we are off on holiday next week so it either needs to come off now or never again otherwise if he shaves for the wedding he’ll have a massive tan line. He also doesn’t have a beard on the passport pics so not sure about getting into or out of country.?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

And before anyone has the compulsion to take the pee it’s my hubby to be growing the beard not me

*is confused*

Can we take the pee or not?

kimbers

pictures please

how about in protest you don’t shave till he does

emma82
    Free Member

You can take the pee if you like yeti, just not about me growing a beard.

Kimbers – not an option for my own sanity and pride 😳 plus there are lots of nuddy beaches where we is off so extra pruning measures must be taken!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What does he do for a living?
    Has he expressed an interest in SSing and/or photography?

The toy playing model building already suggest he’s a good candidate for a beard.

Oxboy
    Free Member

my beard grows blonde, ginger, grey and black in that order of colour density. I must be some kind of genetic mongrel.

emma82
    Free Member

He’s an engineer, yes to photography and I don’t know what SSing is?

emma82
    Free Member

Oh singlespeed, doesnt have one but would give it a go I suppose. He’s a half breed roadie to now

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Single Speeding. My guess was going to be engineer. Does he own any corduroy?

I think he should stick with the beard. He should grow it nice and bushy. It’s a style choice that makes it easier to know who to talk to and who not to talk to at social functions.

emma82
    Free Member

It’s a style choice that makes it easier to know who to talk to and who not to talk to at social functions.

For him or you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not saying either way. I could or could not have a massive bushy beard.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is why dress like a slick city banker if you want to talk about hydraulics or boring?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s even in three colours, black grey and GINGER.

Electrolysis. Should be available on NHS for such a serious condition.

RustySpanner

If my SO expressed an an opinion that my beard looked stupid and should be shaved off I’d be even more inclined to keep it, because I’m THAT sort of contrary pain in the arse.

However, the last time I did grow one I myself was the first to admit that my facial hair:

a) Looks nothing like the hair on my head – different colour & texture.
    b) Makes me look 30 years older than I am.

So, say nowt, let him work it out for himself.
    Might be worth asking his mates to gently take the piss or point out that he looks he’s got a dead honey badger glued to his chin.

Regards,
    Rusty ‘Pube Face’ Spanner.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Did he look better pre-beard?

Does he like the beard enough that it’ll be a really long term thing?

You could always get him to shave it off for the holiday on the pretense of keeping his face cool 😛

emma82
    Free Member

That is true yeti, it does kinda suit his way of life bless him. His mates have been on superb pee’taking duties although they have all admitted it suits him in the end, even our lady friends 🙄

Good plan though Becky, might give it a go!! Although to be fair deep down I know I quite like hairy men and it’s not too long.

Yeti-pic plz!!! I now need to know!!!!

Rusty-does your SO like your beard then or is she just resigned to having a hairy husband?

Hello elfin, are you hairy? 😆 I know how much you like your toys.

Cougar

As a beardy weirdy myself, I think it takes a certain type of bloke to be able to carry off the Full Blessed in these modern times. It’s like wearing a hat. Would you both be prepared to compromise over a goatee, perhaps?

Interesting how many people have rogue multi-coloured beards; mine does that too.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Emma. You make your own mind up… I can be whatever you think I am.

Sammie-Louise x

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti you coming to ride today? 🙂 quick sharp innit bruv

emma82
    Free Member

Yeti don’t mess with my head again!! I’ve only just recovered from the cross dressing shocker you announced on my where are all the ladies thread 👿

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry dude, I didn’t know you were riding today! Was thinking of coming down yesterday but slept in 🙁

emma82
    Free Member

And he’s pigged out on cooked breakfast so is probably to fat to move. Do you store bits in your beard for later?!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

whore!

taking becca out on a “lets build your endurance by riding more and stopping less but stopping for a picnic anyway” ride :mrgreen:

on the beard front i’d say instead of telling him to shave try the casual “it’d mean so much to me if you were clean shaven for our wedding, would make my plans for our wedding night much more fun *wink wink*”

HTH

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hello elfin, are you hairy?

Fuzzy?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

damn, I like picnics 🙁

juanking

I too had a full facer, but that was part of my winter coat which in this hot weather is totally unrequired. All gone now but it does feel weird and kinda naked for the first week or so.

emma82
    Free Member

that was part of my winter coat which in this hot weather is totally unrequired. All gone now

Ahhh so he may shed his hair now it’s warmer. I shall wait and see. I love your user name btw. I have the imagination of a gnat when it comes to these things, as you can see.

Elfin, not only are you a bit fuzzy you also look like a little monkey-is that a normal look for londoners??

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it isn’t. We’re not all inbred down here, so there’s a great deal of genetic diversity. 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

As long as it’s neat, don’t see why not? Seeing lots of guys growing beards.

RustySpanner

Rusty-does your SO like your beard then or is she just resigned to having a hairy husband?

Got rid of the beard (the full Brian Blessed) a couple of years ago.

Pity really, it broke up the monotony of my face.

Have greyish brown hair now , but my mum was a ginger.
    This led to the ginger beard/brown hair phenomenon mentioned above – a look no one wins prizes for. 🙂

deep_river
    Free Member

Most mass murderers sport beards.

emsz
    Free Member

Neatly trimmed, OK.

Big bushy number like the advert over there… Not a good look.

emma82
    Free Member

It’s nicely compact at the moment, not too bushy at all really so I can cope as it is but I’m still not sure. Looks like it might be or life though so I best get used to it…

mustard
    Free Member

I refused to shave off my various forms of beard for any of my three sisters weddings. Although, after the first one it wouldn’t really have been fair to do it for the other two. I did make sure it was nice and neat though.

There won’t be any passport issues either; my pic makes me look like a terrorist and I got in and out of Australia (twice), New Zealand, Hong Kong and China with it. I’m actually going to miss that dodgy pic a little when I renew this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Oi beardy!’ is closed to new replies.