Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Oh no – Wife wants my bike
  • marko75
    Free Member

I have a dedicated singlespeed hardtail which has been my play bike. After encouraging my 2 year old son into cycling, the wife wants to join in our boys play time! I have no problems with that but she wants a comfy seat, flat pedals (instead of spuds) and couple of gears onto the SS………do you think this is an excuse to buy a new bike for me to complement the CX and FS ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Buy her a bike of her own and make it a family pastime.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Onzadog +1

binners

Onzadog has the answer. Hardly worth buying and fitting new stuff to an old bike, given what you can pick a decent hardtail up for nowadays

andyl
    Free Member

Tell her to man up and ride single speed? 😀

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Turns out n+1 relates to all bikes 😉

My OH just started talking of looking to replace her very bottom of the range HT with something better. Looking for something capable off road, but also at ease on road and the occasional tour. Any suggestions? I do keep an eye on the classifieds. But small frames are few and far between.

timidwheeler

How tall is she?

gren
    Free Member

My missus took a fancy to my bike. She now rides it, I got another better bike.

What’s not to love?

felltop

My wife wants a full suss, specifically a Giant Anthem 29er. I happen to have one which is a touch too small for me, but fits her perfectly. I now have an order placed for a Canyon Spectral 29er. Everyone wins!

marko75
    Free Member

How tall is she?

1m83cm.

Think I will give her a comfy saddle for the SS and see if over the next few months she takes to riding as much as I do!.. Then she gets her own bike 🙂

mjsmke

My partner wanted to start riding with me so I changed a few parts to my old play bike (seat. stem etc.) After a few weeks she got into i and we bought her a bike of her own.

spooky_b329

Anyone else’s wife got better/more expensive bikes than your own?!

Our roadie and full sussers are probably equal in replacement value but both of mine were second hand 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

Nightmare. You now have two people to look after on the bike rides.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Both my mountain bike and my cx bike are more expensive than t’other half’s bikes (for some strange reason he has a penchant for On-One/Planet X) 🙂 – but then he has five bikes to my three 🙁

johnny

I have a 15″ Rock Lobster tig team SL frame in the classifieds, if anyone is interested? 21″ toptube, and fitted my 5’2″ wife perfectly.

Ironically, she’s getting a little more adventurous in her riding, and i’ve just built her this, which with a change of wheels is my play bike!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Calling Tracey to the forum.

kayak23

Very nice Johnny, but your top guide looks about a foot away from doing anything useful… 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Oh no – Wife wants my bike’ is closed to new replies.