Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Weight lifting cage
  • mandog
    craigxxl
    Free Member

I prefer to use a squat rack with an adjustable bench as its more versatile

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf480-heavy-duty-multi-press-walk-in-squat-rack.php/

sadexpunk

i agree with craig. thats a good set up. personally ive got this one as dips are important to me. again, with a bench, its more versatile. i got a bench with preacher attachment and leg extension too which just about covers everything i need to do.

if you dont want dips, craigs link is better.

wrecker
    Free Member

I prefer to use a squat rack with an adjustable bench as its more versatile

How so? There’s nothing you can do on a half rack that you can’t do on a full one. Those links aren’t smith machines. On top, you can get dip bars, have attachment points for rings and bands etc and have a pull up bar. If your training heavy alone, those spotters are a good safety feature.
    Body solid is generally regarded as good kit I think.

sadexpunk

spose youre right, theyre no more versatile, but when you look at the price of the full cage, plus bench, its a lot more pricey than the racks, thatll be just as good.

mandog

Well I’ve got the bench already so just need a cage.

The spotters on the half cages don’t look to give much of an area to land on if you do have a fail.

wrecker
    Free Member

No argument from me regarding value, but I do think the full racks offer a little more safety if you’re pushing things alone.

mandog

I’m bench pressing and squatting 1 x bodyweight, and deadlifting 2 x bodyweight.

rumbler
    Free Member

I’ve got the F430 and it’s a really solid bit of kit, much more so than I imagined, I got the dip attachments too and they’re excellent. I’m struggling to see how a squat rack would be more versatile; in terms of safety, and obviously in a home gym, a power cage leaves everything else behind.

mandog

Is it quick and easy to make adjustments when changing from doing say a squat to a bench?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m bench pressing and squatting 1 x bodyweight, and deadlifting 2 x bodyweight.

Not silly stuff then, but it’ll still hurt if you drop it on yourself.

rumbler
    Free Member

Altering the position of the cross members is quick the slowest thing is moving your weights, I got an extra set of bar catches and that helps, it also allows you to do military presses or other exercises outside the rack.

There are some good reviews here

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d probably go for this one for that kind of money;
    https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/miscellaneous-products/power-cage.html

ianv
    Free Member

I like the look of that F430, especially as you can get a lat pull down machine and dip bars for it (at fairly reasonable prices).

I would definitely go with a cage over a rack if I was training on my own at home. I cant see how the rack is more versatile either.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Weight lifting cage’ is closed to new replies.