Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Oh God, here we go again…
  • IHN

Liverpool fans caused Hillsborough disaster apparently

Still, I’m sure that the Scouse City won’t rise to it…

cranberry
    Free Member

“Andy Burnham, Labour MP for Leigh, Greater Manchester, who has campaigned for the Hillsborough families, said: “The truth must be told and the people of Liverpool must have an apology for one of the biggest injustices of the 20th Century.”

Nice sense of perspective there. It certainly puts the horrors of Democratic Kampuchea in their place, and don’t get me started on that whole overblown holocaust thing.

geoffj

* thinks about posting a picture of Boris Johnson but can’t really be arsed TBH

Junkyard
    Free Member

wonders why scousers are so quiet about Heysel whilst repeatedly demanding justice here…very selective memories

i wont comment further [on this thread] as this will be seen by some as an inflamtory comment – We discsssed this in our office which is full of scousers it will provoke an emotional response

They are not the same apparently though there grasp of actual facts [re Heysel] was as good as the Suns grasp of facts re Hilsborough

both tragedies and like any they could have been avoided by many different factors and it is had to just blame one group or thing [ police, fans, the poor stadium etc]though we could debate the percentages for ever.

grantus
    Free Member

I don’t really see why the BBC are trying to create a story here?

Surely no-one can honestly claim to be surprised that the police would have said that 4 days after it happened?

Would be different if the chief of police in merseyside came out last week and said it.

binners

Imagine that?! A senior copper telling great big whoppers, to cover up for their own flagrant incompetence/corruption.

Who’d have thunk it, eh?

yossarian
    Free Member

both tragedies and like any they could have been avoided by many different factors and it is had to just blame one group or thing [ police, fans, the poor stadium etc]though we could debate the percentages for ever.

spot on.

edlong
    Free Member

binners, how was he covering up his own incompetence when the disaster happened in Sheffield, and he was in charge of the police in merseyside?

grantus
    Free Member

23 years is a long time but if i can recall rightly I don’t remember the police coming in for stick until much later. Certainly, a senior policeman saying drunken fans were to blame four days after the event wasn’t exactly a controversial thing to say at that time, was it?

I think that was at the time a view held by a lot of people so I don’t see the point in trying to make it something it’s not, which I felt BBC were possibly doing. I listened to Radio 4 at lunchtime and they devoted around 30 minutes to it on the news.

duckman

Unlike Junkyard I couldn’t give a toss if it is an insensitive comment. I have always thought the Liverpool fans had short and selective memories. Which doesn’t excuse the cover up by the police in the short and long term, but hey-ho.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Oh God, here we go again…’ is closed to new replies.