Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nukeproof Neutron any good ????
  • dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi lads are nukeproof neutron wheels any good ?  Sorry for all the wheel posts but have never bought after market wheels before and these seem a bargain from crc.

ajantom

Just had a look at them on CRC, and they look ok for the money.

Pretty sure Nukeproof rims are rebadged WTBs, so these are i29 WTB rims, probably the cheaper ST ones.

The hubs look very like Novatecs (maybe 771/772 or 791/792) which is no had thing. They make hubs for loads of brands.

So a decent, if quite budget part orientated set of wheels. A lot will be down to how well built they are.

Worth having a look at Superstar components, they sometimes have cracking deals on wheelsets (they were knocking out Stans Flow EX/Novatecs sets for £115 last year)

vincienup
    Free Member

Nukeproof rims currently seem to be WTB TCS items.  They used to be Sun Ringles.  I’ve had both.

I preferred the WTB Frequency Teams but the Nuke branded items are fine unless you’re a serial rim destroyer.

wishiwascalledsteve

Really decent wheels. Had a 29er pair on my Nukeproof Mega and can’t fault them.

Riding technical and fast stuff around calderdale, peaks, lakes, Snowdonia and a trip to the Alps they put up with a lot of abuse and never missed a beat.

Had to replaced the rear rim as I struck a rock with around 15psi in the tyre (I forgot to check pressure). The rim kept going and it didn’t puncture/lose anymore pressure with a huge ding and I rode it fine for 4 more months without problems (but I couldn’t get a new tyre to seal).

In the end I only replaced them as a mate was getting rid of some hope/Stans flow for a ridiculously low price

jonnyboi

They are pretty heavy so I probably wouldn’t be classing them as an upgrade. Are you looking to replace your existing wheels or just need a set at decent value?

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi John I am just after some wider rims as my current are only 19mm .

The np are 2147g is that heavy for 30mm wheels ?

jonnyboi

It depends on what you are going to use them for.

Hunto do a nice 30mm wide trail wheelset that’s sub 1900g and £349.  But if you are riding the uplift bus it’s hardky going to matter! 🙂

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

I won’t be doing uplifts but it’s only going on my trail bike as I use my anthem for long distance and Xc.

I’m abit short of funds with Xmas and would get my nuts chopped off for spending 350 😀.

Ill have a think now I know they not crap.

Thabks for your help 👍🏻

P-Jay
    Free Member

I really rate mine.

Theyre great VFM, come in pretty much any configuration you fancy and you can convert them. Strong, wide, not massively heavy.

They also come prel-taped for tubeless with valves and spare spokes.

Mine are still round and straight after a summer of bashing them at BPW, FOD, Afan, Cwmcarn and the Alps with my fat arse.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Cheers mate 👍🏻  You not had any problems with the freehub ?

dhrider
    Free Member

Freehubs on the newest Neutron wheels are now steel so shouldn’t have any issues with it. The earlier ones were alloy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

You not had any problems with the freehub ?

Nope, utterly dependable up to now at least.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Neutron any good ????’ is closed to new replies.