Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • now i know how frank feels :-(
  • grantus
    Free Member

What a sickener at hampden. a blatant dive by the czech player to put us out of the euros. regardless of the fact that levein is a **** and the damage was done in the away game against the czechs, the dive was a disgrace.

Now i know how it felt for england vs germany with the goal that never was.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

England would have got beat anyway! Berra’s attmept at a dive was quality though. We cheat as well – just aren’t as good at it.

grantus
    Free Member

Yeah, they should have had a stick on pen in the first half anyway and our first goal was criminal goalkeeping.

Fletchers finish was a touch of class however.

That **** ewencameron on real radio was slagging fletcher senseless in the first half. he then proceeded to set up the first goal and core the second.

Thats the trouble with the media – they think they can say what they like but take the hump when players take issue with them.

Was actually thinking about this the other day and about the disgusting stick the englis gutter press gave bobby robson in the eighties. he got to QF in 86 and lost to the best team in the world by a single hand ball and the greatest goal of all time plus possibly the best goalline clearance by a defender to prevent lineker equalising in the second hhalf then in 90 a semi-final loss to the best team in the world due to a defelected freekick. the poor man was hounded for years.

Bet they’d take him back now?

Levein is a cock though. 4-6-0 against czech republic – national disgrace. thats the sort of formation san marino would put out against spain 🙁

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen 4-6-0 formations being used else where and being pretty effective, both in attack and defence. Not quite the way it worked out for Levein though.

Regardless of the fact that Berra’s pen would of been soft, if you give one you need to give the other. At least there was definite contact, leg left in or not.

Ref had a shocker all over the place. The missed pen for the Czechs in the first half, some awful fouls missed, the card for Miller (and Brown maybe too?) was harsh. Ruined the match totally.

We have a solid group of players now, not world beaters by any means but enough to hold our own. A decent group for Brazil qualifying and we might have a chance.

stanfree
    Free Member

I really cant find any love for Internationals any more , Years ago I’d have been at hampden or at least made a day of watching the game with some mates In Edinburgh . Today I cleaned my bike came in and checked the score with 15 minutes to go then checked the final score at around 7 o’clock.
    The scottish game is so poor Its unbelievable and It aint going to get any better. 😥

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Slightly disagree stanfree. Yes, the club game in Soctland is absoutely dire but I feel the national side is on the up, albeit slowly. As whatnobeer says, there’s a good group of players now, many playing in the EPL.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I can’t ever remember Scotland being as nad as they are now, what happened? The current team doesn’t look that bad on paper.

Is it Levein? We had him at Leicester City for 15 months then we sacked him!

Junkyard
    Free Member

When Darren Flether is your best player you will have issues.
    he is no Daglish or Law not to mention souness or hansen ah well at least we have a decent keeper.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I can’t ever remember Scotland being as nad as they are now, what happened?

Bertie Vogts era?

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Are you sure you’re scottish, grantus?

It’s just the Scots normally find incorrect reffing descisions hilarious. Well, in 1986 and 2010 at least.

I am obviously referring to every single Scot on the planet in this comment.

grantus
    Free Member

1986 and 2010? dunno what you’re on about 😉

cant blame vogts. blame craig brown for not giving any young players a chance?

levein should have been sacked after the first czech game – i could accept doing that 4-6-0 if we were playing spain away and needed a point to qualify but the first or second group game against a team that arent any better than us really?!? the guy is a ****.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘now i know how frank feels :-(’ is closed to new replies.