Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 257 total)
  • NOTW Hacking [spoiler]
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wow!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Cameron says there is no comparison between his appointment of Andy Coulson and Neil Wallis’s role with the Met

🙄

kimbers

oh joy, yates is being replassed by Cressida Dick, isnt she the one who was in charge of the de menezes operation?!

i bet his family will have something to say about that

yossarian
    Free Member

Who is next? Looking forward to the select committee tomorrow 🙂

trailmonkey

Looking forward to the select committee tomorrow

wow, living the dream 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

wow, living the dream

There’s nothing I won’t masturbate over

binners

I think its the gift that’s going to keep on giving. Now that some high profile people are seriously running the risk of getting sent down, I expect the blame-storming to start in earnest

“It wasn’t me wot dun it! It were’er!” etc etc

Jamie
    Free Member

Who is next? Looking forward to the select committee tomorrow

Why? It’s essentially been cut off at the knees due to Mrs Brooks being arrested on Sunday, as now she can play the sub- judice card.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Yates resigned after being told he would be suspended as his conduct was being referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, the Metropolitan Police Authority confirms.

🙄

Teddy / pram / gone?

binners – Member

I think its the gift that’s going to keep on giving.

Indeed. schadenfreude is great 🙂

as now she can play the sub- judice card.

I don’t think she can – I doubt it actually changes in any way what she can or cannot say that is in the committes remit to ask

don’t know enough for sure but non of the commmentators seems to be saying this.

I don’t think she can refuse to answer a commons committee question.

Jamie
    Free Member

don’t know enough for sure…..

Don’t let that get in the way TJ.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jamie – its a whole new situation. No one knows right now – there will be lots of people desperately trying to work it out.

Liberal Democrat MP Adrian Sanders, a member of the select committee, questioned the timing of the latest arrest.

“In whose interest was it for this arrest to take place before Tuesday? Because if it does impede what we can ask, ………………. We don’t know how much this is going to impede our questioning until we’ve been able to sit down and talk it through with the parliamentary counsel.”

binners

As has been pointed out by people far more cynical than I – They’ve had since 2003 to arrest and question her, why do it yesterday?

Even if its isn’t the whole far-too-cosy NI/Police relationship at work, that’s certainly exactly what it looks like to anyone with some grey matter between their ears

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Rebekah Brooks’ lawyer Stephen Parkinson says his client is “not guilty of any criminal offence”, but claims the position of the Met Police is “less easy to understand”.

“They will in due course have to give an account of their actions and in particular their decision to arrest her with the enormous reputational damage that this has involved.”

Told Ya!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

of course her lawyer would say that 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    joemarshall
    Free Member

My handy lawyer says that they quite likely did arrest her deliberately to stop her testifying at the select committee, in order to avoid her being forced to incriminate herself in public at a point where she was not under caution. Supposedly that could make problems for any criminal case against her. Select committees being different to a judge led enquiry in that people are just effectively having a chat.

Joe

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mr Cameron says there is no comparison between his appointment of Andy Coulson and Neil Wallis’s role with the Met

he is correct the Met men who have gone did not directly employ the media person and were not personally warned of the dangers of this. Nor did they appoint someone who had resigned from their position due to the tapping of phones so he does have a point. They are not the same.

Mr Johnson [london mayor] told a news conference at City Hall in London: “I believe that both decisions are regrettable but I would say that in both cases the right call has been made.

“There is absolutely nothing that has been proven against the probity or the professionalism of either man.
    He was funny on today explaining why these had to go but dave could stay.
    Cameron will be doing well to survive this IMHO.Once the boot gets put in to the murdochs tomorrow I would expect them to settle some scores and take someone with them.
    His judgement has been very poor on this issue whether he weathers the storm remains to be seen.

kimbers

4/1 odds of borris replacing cameron if he goes before the end of the year odds of which are 7/1

judge led inquirys are often perceived as civerups/ whitewashes, rather than a good public spitroasting and pelting in the stocks of the select comittee

edit its also a bit ironic that cameron has had to cut short a trip to nigeria, home of the 192 scam, due to allegations of corruption at home

toys19
    Free Member
    5thElefant
    Free Member

As much as Cameron going is a deranged lefty fantasy….

4/1 odds of borris replacing cameron if he goes before the end of the year odds of which are 7/1

….Boris would be awesome. 😯 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

Am I missing something, or is Boris not being an MP a considerable obstacle to his becoming PM?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just parachute him in to a safe seat. offer sir bufton tufton a nice little directorship or two to retire and leave the seat for him

markenduro
    Free Member

This is getting really scary now, Boris as PM??!!!?????!!!

Pook

This is getting scary now – people being found dead who are related to the case.

Though the investigations are ongoing and I am not suggesting impropriety, what immense pressure must someone be under to commit suicide?

This is a very, very murky affair.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So the replacement for John Yates is Cressida Dick ……. the operational commander on the day that an innocent man had bullets pumped into his head on a tube train by the MET – who then attempted to cover up the deed with a litany of lies suggesting that he had run away from the police, failed to stop when told to do so, worn “excessively warm clothes” etc.

Am I suppose to have confidence in her ? 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did the fibs come from her Ernie or others? I don’t remember. She was the operational commander I know

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She was the operational commander

Yep, on the day that the MET committed a historical cock-up………and attempted a memorable cover-up.

Isn’t this scandal and all these people resigning all about people saying “I didn’t know what was happening on my watch so I now feel obliged to resign” ?

kimbers

yeah but shes a paid up member of ‘common purpose’ which is a management equivalent of the masons/scientoligists/illuminati

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well as far as I can see the lies did not come from her but from others – mainly Ian Blair and she appears to be well thought of generally.

Lee Jasper, the mayor of London’s director on equalities and policing, said: “She is a firefly – small, diminutive and red-hot. She is not into flamboyant gestures but she is an exceptional officer and a tough cookie.”

John Tanner, council leader at the time, said: “She was like a breath of fresh air – progressive, liberal, intelligent, full of new ideas. She was very good at not over-policing protests and demonstrations. But at the same time she worked with us to expand the use of CCTV and to address crime on the estates.”

Remember she was exonerated by a jury of any personal blame and no whiff of corruption surrounds her so far as I can see.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/sep/15/menezes.ukcrime

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

she was exonerated by a jury of any personal blame

Ah I see – blameless. And I guess that if on that fateful day the MET had shot and killed an Al-Qaeda terrorist, as opposed to a wholly innocent man, she wouldn’t have taken any of the credit at all ? That’s how it works isn’t it ?

toys19
    Free Member

This is getting scary now – people being found dead who are related to the case.

Though the investigations are ongoing and I am not suggesting impropriety, what immense pressure must someone be under to commit suicide?

This is a very, very murky affair.

Remind you of anything? Dr David Kelly spring to mind?

yunki
    Free Member

Dr David Kelly spring to mind?

yes.. murkier and murkier

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Blacker than black.

National scandal unfolds; whistle-blower found dead no apparent cause; implicated police force says it’s not suspicious. What did he know?

Time for the tin foil hat again.

El-bent
    Free Member

Oh look, something else that Thatcher set in motion has come back to bite us on the Ar*e.

Still may not be all bad news as it has happened on “Cameron’s watch”.

kimbers

the suns website has been hacked……..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/

well there was briefly a link to a cloned sun front page saying murdoch had been found dead

toys19
    Free Member

Well if you got to the sun now (@23:14 monday night), you get redirected to the lulz twitter feed. How funny!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just comne across this

Disgraced former News International boss Rebekah Brooks intervened to persuade David Cameron to make ex-News of the World editor Andy Coulson his spin doctor, it was claimed last night

Hardly the most reliable of sources even tho its a tory paper but this is the killer blow if this can be proven or a really credible witness comes forward…. Or Brooks will testify to avoid jail……

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015573/Rebekah-Brooks-vetoed-BBC-man-told-Cameron-No10-job-Andy-Coulson.html

kimbers

to be fair there is a bitchfight going on between ni & brooks vs daily mail & paul dacre
    while dacre has bravely stated no daily mail stories were based on hacked info
    i do wonder if the wider tabloid press will be ignored as the shitstorm centres around ni

and the sad death of sean hoare made me wonder if someone like this might be involved

im not being flippant i think that the shaddow lines plot is made even more believable as more corruption and collusion is exposed in the press and police

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘NOTW Hacking [spoiler]’ is closed to new replies.