Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 257 total)
  • NOTW Hacking [spoiler]
  • binners

How long till one of the key players spills the beans

Not long TJ. Andy Coulson would be my prime candidate. He’ll have a certain amount of knowledge certainly, but I reckon its Wade/Brooks creature that might blab now she’s been cut adrift. And I suspect she knows where all the bodies are buried

These people have rich, cosy, privileged lifestyles. I wonder how they’ll react when staring down the barrel of a few years in prison

kimbers

Zulu-Eleven – Member

Thing is – any conviction of Coulson is going to fall down, illegal arrest and unlawful search of journalistic material, police have fecked it up.

fecked up or deliberately messed it up?

Lifer
    Free Member

Illegal arrest?
    Unlawful search?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye binners – I wouldn’t be supervised if one of the two did not turn supergrass in return for no jail time as they are both due some

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lifer – Member

Illegal arrest?
    Unlawful search?

Zulu bollox

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So Toys – when did labour appoint one of murdochs henchmen to a position of power despite being warned he was involved in all sorts of illegality?

ahem – brown, sick kid story published with dubious sources, went to Wade/brooke’s wedding anyway, then when it’s safe to do so sets off on a “I could have stopped them all” tirade.
    He knew the kind of shyte they were up to, yet still associates on personal level with them. How very, very moral and upstanding.

Also, Blair knew there was absolutely fk all evidence of weapons of mass distraction destruction, but went to war anyway, with the subsequent deaths of, well so many Iraqis we didn’t even bother to count them aand hundreds of british soldiers. All fine upstanding stuff in TJ-land though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bigbutslimmerbloke – but not

when did labour appoint one of murdochs henchmen to a position of power despite being warned he was involved in all sorts of illegality?

corruption on that scale.

SamB
    Free Member

Sam B – where the hell did you find that? I’d be frightened if I hadn’t noticed most of the posters are probably taking a break from humping their sisters somewhere in Arkansas…

Haha a friend of mine posted it on facebook in a similar “is this guy actually serious” vein. Some of the comments are astonishing 😯

toys19
    Free Member

This is about to turn into one of those arguments where TJ is proved wrong, but not in his eyes as he will move the goalposts/definition with every statement.

Scale of corruption, type of behaviour? What a load of diversionary bollocks.

When you admit that labour are easily as bad as the tories then I’ll get off your back, but if you continue to ply this line then you are in for a long fight.

I’m not a tory, I’m not labour, but it pee’s me off when people do this point scoring for their particular party and try and take some kind of moral high ground an behalf of a politician or political party. I mean how ridiculous and short sighted is that.

hilldodger
    Free Member

binners – Member

These people have rich, cosy, privileged lifestyles. I wonder how they’ll react when staring down the barrel of a few years in prison

Didn’t seem to cause Sir Jeffrey any problems, people of their ilk don’t really do ‘hard time’ do they 🙄

Napalm
    Free Member

Is there any way that Piers Morgan can be dragged into this sorry mess?
    Would love to see that puffy smug face up before the beak.

He has a face I could never tire of punching.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So Toys – when did labour appoint one of murdochs henchmen to a position of power despite being warned he was involved in all sorts of illegality?

Tom Baldwin – Milibands PR man!

on the other hand, when did Cameron last invite Rebekah Brooks and Murdochs wife to a sleepover party at Chequers?

Illegal arrest?
    Unlawful search?

Yep, look into the caselaw – i) arrested after attending pre-arranged interview, arrest will fail necessity test, (Richardson vs W.Mids police 2011), ii) s18 PACE search of journalistic materials conducted without judicial oversight (Sanoma Uitgevers B.V. v. the Netherlands EHCR 2010)

Case closed!

toys19
    Free Member

In fact TJ, the fact that you are so into fidning ways to make the tories look worse than labour just exactly proves my point. If you look at it from a cold outsiders point of view, they are all millitwats and camersynts.

binners

Didn’t seem to cause Sir Jeffrey any problems, people of their ilk don’t really do ‘hard time’ do they

Its a fair point. Or Jonathan Aitken. They both used their time constructively to discover God/write books

However, there’s an added element here. Would you fancy going to prison as the person who authorised the phone hacking of murdered teenagers and dead soldiers

I’d say you’re either going to be in with the nonces, or having some right old fun and games. I suspect this fact may presently being pointed out to them both

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So in your world hiring someoneone suspected of being involved in illegality is far worse than being involved in illegality yourself and lying about it (Blair) or accepting hospitality from someone you know to be involved in completely immoral actions even when thos actions cause distress to yorself and your family (Brown)?
    Really?
    Do the trams run on time and to budget in your world?

Lifer
    Free Member

Yep, look into the caselaw – i) arrested after attending pre-arranged interview, arrest will fail necessity test, (Richardson vs W.Mids police 2011), ii) s18 PACE search of journalistic materials conducted without judicial oversight (Sanoma Uitgevers B.V. v. the Netherlands EHCR 2010)

Telegraph report it was ‘arrest by appointment’ and that Coulson knew he was going to be arrested, how does Utigevers v Netherlands apply?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Case closed!

Absolute guff, even by your high standards of talking bollox. In Richardson vs W.Mids police 2011 the teacher was arrested in spite of the fact that the original complainant (the “assaulted” pupil) wasn’t going to pursue the matter. At least his parents weren’t, so if the case was to go to court there would be no case to answer, ergo no reason to arrest him. To use judicial precedent there has to be some kind of relevance which is totally missing from this point.
    Sanoma Uitgevers B.V. v. the Netherlands EHCR 2010 concerns itself with sources of information and the potential disclosure of those sources and not with the material itself. Again, hardly relevant.

kimbers

personally id like to see the whole damn lot of em sent down and forced to share a cell with either
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmVnHOWI7I4[/video]
    or
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkX7eSS422Q[/video]

though im confident that police collusion and expensive lawyers will prevent any of the big bods doing time and certainly not in a proper prison

bullheart
    Free Member

Is there any way that Piers Morgan can be dragged into this sorry mess?
    Would love to see that puffy smug face up before the beak.

He has a face I could never tire of punching.

Si, you’re a friend of mine, and have helped me loads.

I’m going to find a way of granting your wish.

binners

Oh no! This is becoming one of ‘those’ threads, isn’t it?

Shall the rest of us shuffle off, and leave you to the next 3 pages of utterly pointless, uber-pedantic, repetitive, childish, inane point-scoring bickering?

Have fun!

Bullheart – can we all give Piers a slap purleeeeez, seeing as you’re in Jim’LL’ Fix it mode?

toys19
    Free Member

I f we are going to pick winners I’ve got my fingers crossed for Andy Hayman, he is so bad its untrue. Gotta be going down sooner or later.

toys19
    Free Member

Well binners we haven’t had one for a while, so it seems only fair. Anyway TJ is talking shite and needs to have the space to let it all out.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Bigbutslimmer – I’d strongly suggest that you’ve misread the significance of both those cases.

brakes
    Free Member

isn’t this only of great interest if you actually read and believe everything the papers reports? otherwise it’s just a big fly in the media/ political ointment.
    will this actually change the ugly face of politics/ the way in which people vote at elections?

I’m not so sure.
    (hence the questions)

Lifer
    Free Member

ZuluEleven – How do they apply?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

lifer, I’ll pm as its far too much bollocks for on here

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys

TandemJeremy – Member

Oh no doubt labour have been obsequious to News International in the past – Brown even went to wades wedding IIRC.

Right near the beginning I said that. Odious and demeaning yes.

however if yu think Coulsons appointment is in the same league as sucking up to a Wade and co?…………….. Curry favour with NI executives or appoint Murdochs right hand man to the heart of downing street. these are equivalent behaviours in your book?

You keep saying I am doing the tories down because I am a labour supporter. I am not as you have repeatedly been told.

I am doing the tories down because they are some of the most odious corrupt and dangerous politicians we have ever had.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I am doing the tories down because they are some of the most odious corrupt and dangerous politicians we have had since this lot:

FTFY

DenDennis
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

So in your world hiring someoneone suspected of being involved in illegality is far worse than being involved in illegality yourself and lying about it (Blair) or accepting hospitality from someone you know to be involved in completely immoral actions even when thos actions cause distress to yorself and your family (Brown)?
    Really?
    Do the trams run on time and to budget in your world?

A reasoned and open minded post. FACT.

richc
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

Well binners we haven’t had one for a while, so it seems only fair. Anyway TJ is talking shite and needs to have the space to let it all out.

You missed the dog thread then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

But your venom* over this now smells of more than just the need to morally correct me, isn’t it more about how it has hurt you?

Yes you hurt me deeply because I love the charismatic man that is Mr Milliband. Obviously that is why I objected to the insertion of the word **** into his name,you are very perceptive. i would have replied earlier but I have been sobbing since you said this and could not see to type.

This does seem to be descending into the usual right v left debate when it should be about honesty and integrity.
    Few politicians will be able to walk away free from blame but that does not mean we should not attempt to work out who has a greater burden of blame.
    Yes Blair [ imho] lied and distorted over the dossier and the war. He /labour should have been held to account [ thought the Tories voted with him on the vote] but that is no reason to ignore Camerons poor judgement over Coulson.

* you called someone a **** I said you were childish. Why am I the one accused of venom?

hilldodger
    Free Member

richc – Member

toys19 – Member

You missed the dog thread then.

Please, someone go start a helmet thread so the old jimmer can reach a state of beatitude 😆

Clong
    Free Member

Got to say there’s a serious breach of ettiquette here, threads involving TJ should go along the lines:

1)Dis-agreement between TJ and another person or persons develops.
    2)TJ backs up his side with interntery based facts.
    3)TJ shoehorns a reference to how Scotland is better than England in order to support his argument.
    4)Person or person(s) start throwing insults at TJ.

Could we try and get this thread back on to the correct format please?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

(5) – (8) endless pages of egocentric postings with diminishing relevance to OP

results in (9) multiple pwnage events

leading to (10) “Teh Edinburger defence”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Bigbutslimmer – I’d strongly suggest that you’ve misread the significance of both those cases.

Really?

The heavy-handed police action came weeks after the alleged offence and after the boy’s parents said they did not wish to pursue the matter.

Mail Online

He had attended a police station voluntarily to be interviewed. It is said that his arrest was unlawful because the arresting officer had no or no reasonable grounds for considering that his arrest was necessary: a precondition imposed by the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (`PACE’) Section 24(4) by an amendment effective from 1st January 2006.

Extract from Neutral Citation Number: [2011] EWHC 773 (QB)

Complaint withdrawn= no reason to arrest him.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

clong

4b. .. or TJ just ignores whatever the other person is saying and keeps banging the same old gong regardless.

hilldodger

10 goes without saying really, doesn’t it?

binners

TJ just ignores whatever the other person is saying and keeps banging the same old gong regardless.

It is a very impressive gong though. TJ gets oiled up and lets rip:

😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not forgetting 4c..TJ vows to walk away and lasts less than 4 posts before “teh return of teh law” 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Really got under your skin? The weakness of your argument is shown in your desire to attack me.

Plonkers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘NOTW Hacking [spoiler]’ is closed to new replies.