• This topic has 128 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Maybe but she’s stil female.

That’s where you are missing my point and labelling me as a sexist pig.

Is Zoe Ball the best person for the job?

No, not imho or many others in this post.

So, why did she get the job?

Because someone at the BBC had to fill a quota maybe? and couldn’t fill it any other way (ie Sara Cox didn’t want the job?) I don’t know, I wasn’t involved in the recruitment process so its all just speculation isn’t it.

Bottom line, I don’t like Zoe as a presenter, and speculating that she only got the job because she is female doesn’t make me sexist. a cynic maybe, but sexist no. If I was sexist then I would be telling everyone that women are hopeless on the radio and only a man could do that job.

wallop

Who would you have preferred to get the job?

Drac

White males need no apply.

Yeah that doesn’t suggest you’d have preferred Sarah Cox.

ransos
    Free Member

Bottom line, I don’t like Zoe as a presenter, and speculating that she only got the job because she is female doesn’t make me sexist.

Throwing round accusations without a shred of evidence? Yes, that does make you sexist.

Drac

Yup pretty much the definition.

cheers_drive

In more serious radio news Mark Radcliff is taking time off for cancer treatment. Apparently, it was caught early so, hopefully, he will return soon, fit and healthy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45741230

trailwagger
    Free Member

Throwing round accusations without a shred of evidence? Yes, that does make you sexist.

Absolute crap. I am speculating that the beeb are recruiting based on a gender equality drive, and are therefore excluding men from the role. If anything that makes THEM sexist, not me. I have never once said that I don’t want a women in the job or that a women couldn’t do the job.

Jeez, this place!

Drac

Absolute crap. I am speculating that the beeb are recruiting based on a gender equality drive, and are therefore excluding men from the role.

Your comments are sexist you say you’re not but you are not exactly helping yourself.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Your comments are sexist you say you’re not but you are not exactly helping yourself.

Show me.

ransos
    Free Member

Absolute crap. I am speculating that the beeb are recruiting based on a gender equality drive, and are therefore excluding men from the role. If anything that makes THEM sexist, not me. I have never once said that I don’t want a women in the job or that a women couldn’t do the job.

Jeez, this place!

It is up to you to provide evidence, otherwise we assume the default position that she was recruited because her bosses considered her to be the best person for the job. To suggest otherwise, on the basis of nothing more than your prejudices, makes you sound like a pretty nasty piece of work.

Jeez, this place!

Well, we agree on something, though I’m heartened to note that your regressive views appear to be in a small minority.

the-muffin-man

When Ken Bruce decides to retire Trevor Nelson should get that slot. Great musical knowledge backed up by an easy going style.

perchypanther
    Free Member

When Ken Bruce decides to retire Trevor Nelson should get that slot. Great musical knowledge backed up by an easy going style.

He’s rubbish at popmaster though.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Damn and bleedin’ blast. I’ve now got “serious jockin'” as an earworm.

I think we should deploy the SAS to get Wright out of that damn chair.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Serious postin’

No G

Drac

Show me.

Just read your posts.

the-muffin-man

I think we should deploy the SAS to get Wright out of that damn chair.

Serious shootin’

No G

robbo1234biking

Have to agree with perchy – Trevor Nelson is rubbish at popmaster! To be fair whenever Ken Bruce is on holiday whoever fills in cant seem to do popmaster.

ransos
    Free Member

Just read your posts.

Your problem there is that those with prejudices are the least able to see them.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I don’t think Trailwagger deserves to be called ‘a nasty piece of work’ for suggesting its a sexist appointment!

There are and have been many sexist appointments in the past year across the board in a bid to balance the genders, from the Beeb, ITV and Sky.  Witness football, cricket and golf punditry these days and there always a token female brought in to add their two penneth, when historically there have been none.

Not saying I don’t like them, some are quite refreshing, but its still sexist.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I don’t like Trevor Nelson much, but then its cos I don’t like many people that stand in for Ken.  Zoe was one that I did like.  The worst stand in currently for Steve Wright, is Craig Charles………its like, WHY???

Cougar

I do think that the BBC are trying too hard to be gender equal.

I’m not entirely sure why a hypothetical equal opportunities policy would be a bad thing.  Can you elaborate?  Positive discrimination is a bad thing of course.  But we don’t know as that’s what’s happened here.

As for Whittakergate, there’s plenty of interviews with Chibnall kicking about where he discusses the audition.  They interviewed her and immediately thought “yep, she’s perfect!”  What should they have done next, given the job to some white bloke anyway because that’s what they’ve always done in the past?

So, why did she get the job?

Because someone at the BBC had to fill a quota maybe? … I don’t know, I wasn’t involved in the recruitment process so its all just speculation isn’t it.

You’ve just said it yourself – you’re speculating.  You’ve assumed she’s got the job because of some hidden agenda rather than because the BBC decided that she was the right person for the job, and are thus rallying against a situation of your own fabrication.  That’s why people are calling you out on it, you’ve made it up.  Why would you do that other than for ZOMG WIMMIN reasons?

immaterial
    Free Member

As long as the DJ doesn’t talk over whatever music they’ve decided to play (I’M LOOKING AT YOU, EVANS), anyone would be an improvement.

You sexist pigs.

franksinatra

Is her dad still alive?

Very much so, my Dad plays golf with him.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I don’t like Trevor Nelson much”

RACIST !!

Rockape you really do sound like ‘a nasty piece of work”

🙂

trailwagger
    Free Member

While I admit to my comments being purely speculative, take a look at this bbc target list and then tell me its absolutely unfounded.

The BBC has set ambitious targets to achieve diversity across its workforce both on and off air by 2020. These include:

• 50% women across all staff by 2020;
    • 50% women on screen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres from Drama to News;
    • 15% black, Asian and ethnic minorities across all staff, on screen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres;
    • 8% disabled people off-air, on screen and on-air including some lead roles; and,
    • 8% LGBT off-air, on screen portrayal including some lead roles.
    Rockape63
    Free Member

How dare you Ro5ey, I didnt even know Trevor Nelson was white!

Anyway I did say I didn’t like anyone who wasn’t Ken….and I’m not a great fan of jocks generally! 😮

perchypanther
    Free Member

Serious discriminatin’

No G…..B,L,Q,T, dogs or Irish

ransos
    Free Member

While I admit to my comments being purely speculative, take a look at this bbc target list and then tell me its absolutely unfounded.

It’s absolutely unfounded. Read the Equality Act if you want to know why.

the-muffin-man

…nearly time to put your Gs away! 😆

mrhoppy

The BBC has set ambitious targets to achieve diversity across its workforce both on and off air by 2020.

Those lefty, hippy scum suggesting that they might want to be demographically representative.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Forget sexism or positive discrimination I don’t think the BBC can afford to keep paying all those men, it’s been shown the women will work for a lot less. Sound business sense really.

tjagain

Zoe Ball is smart, sassy and fun from what I see.  Makes her perfect for the role.  compared to Evans who is a slimeball of the first order.  Chasing Billie piper as hard as he could when she was 15.

Put it this way – I turn off the TV if Evans is on, I’ll listen to Ball

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chasing Billie piper as hard as he could when she was 15.

Forgot about that..

Drac

She was 17.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was 17 once, I was never approached by an older man.

tjagain

Not when he first started chasing her IIRC.

tjagain

a bit of research shows you are right Drac.
    *hangs head in shame*

still a 34 yr old chasing a 17 year old makes my toes curl

Drac

still a 34 yr old chasing a 17 year old makes my toes curl

Maybe but it’s quite different to chasing a 15 year old, that’s DLT’s job.

Bunnyhop

Can;t wait for Chris Evans to go,

Looking forward to Zoe Ball to start.

What on earth were those stupid comments (way above) about Zoe riding her bike. She never said she was an experienced cyclist and she collected thousands of pounds for a children’s  charity.

The day Ken leaves will be sad indeed. The worst person to stand in for him was Fern Cotton. Her grammar is dreadful and all she does is talk about her children.

I don’t mind Steve Wright. The worst person to stand in for him was Chris Tarrant. Apparently he was once a DJ.  Who on earth would listen to the tosh he came out with.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!’ is closed to new replies.