• This topic has 128 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!
  • brakes
    Free Member

Why do we need to do this?

as an active assault on the white male privilege that perpetuates our television screens / radio speakers.

woke up buddy.

Cougar

Yep, seems to explain how Ken Bruce and Steve Wright are still there.

I quite like Ken Bruce, Popmaster is great.  Wright’s well past his sell-by date though.  What sort of fracking catchphrase is “no G”?  Every time he says it I want to put my foot through the dashboard.

Why isn’t it best person for the job and not a box ticking exercise?

How do you know that’s not exactly what happened?

Best thing about putting women in jobs traditionally held by men is the amount of butthurt it causes on the bottom half of the Internet.

nuke

I’d have preferred Chris Moyles then I could switch back to Radio x.

Lol…with you on that one; haven’t listed to X since his arrival and the other moves like getting rid of eddy temple-morris

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sarawak
    Free Member

She showed herself up on that bike ride she did. Claimed to be an experienced cyclist who turned out to be little more than a publicity seeker.

Will this stop her doing those God Awful trailers before the 6 O’clock news?

wallop

Claimed to be an experienced cyclist

Is that a joke?

And why bother doing a massive charity event for a good cause if you’re not going to try and get publicity for it?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I reckon she’ll bring a lot of listeners to R2.

Theres a lot of people who watch strictly, not all of them listen to R2.. and she has a following on that programme.

Shes proven herself to be a consummate presenter whatever the medium, like most sure there will be a little settling in but she’ll soon carve her own path.

We could have ended up with Feltz shifting from the dawn slot up a bit..

Think yourselves lucky.

BigJohn

I don’t listen to R2 much (sometimes after 6pm it’s better than Lamacq) but I think Zoe Ball is very good at what she does.  Like Dolly Parton says, “it costs a lot to look this cheap” and it takes a clever woman to sound, er, well, like ZB sounds.

The nearest I ever come to pulling a muscle is when I have to dash for the off switch when Amy Lame or Liz Kershaw are about to start.  No prejudice there – some male presenters (Nihal, Paul Lewis) and Father John Misty have a similar effect. Not forgetting Courtney Barnett.

hooli

I’ll give it a listen when she starts, anybody will be better than the shouty ginger bloke. Cant stand his voice, its like running fingernails down a chalkboard.

swavis

Wright’s well past his sell-by date though.  What sort of fracking catchphrase is “no G”?  Every time he says it I want to put my foot through the dashboard.

Couldn’t agree more!

Zoe’s ok, there’s far worse presenters.

I’m in a workshop and we’re unable to get DAB so Radio 2 is the safe compromise, I’d have to kill the apprentices if I had to listen to Radio 1 for any longer than 15 min’s…

v8ninety

We could have ended up with Feltz shifting from the dawn slot up a bit..

Think yourselves lucky.

I came here to say this. A thousand times this. How that consistently condescending eejit has a job amazes me; I sometimes think her sole purpose is to make R2 listeners appreciate that there are worse presenters than Jeremy Vine. (Who, despite frequently massively missing the point during ‘serious’ interviews, I’ve grown rather fond of listening to. It’s Vanessa’s fault).

Also, I like the ‘no G’ thing. Sorry!

I like Zöe. She’ll be reet.

wallop

I’m a closet Jeremy fan. I’ll never forget when he was doing a segment on moving between iphone and Android, and a woman called in and said she could never go to iPhone because it auto-corrected her name from Carina to vagina. It was hilarious. She said her mates would always “accidentally” (yeah, right!) start text messages with “hey vagina!”.

Drac

ransos
    Free Member

It is so obviously an appointment for gender balances sake though, just like Dr Who was. Why do we need to do this? Why isn’t it best person for the job and not a box ticking exercise? White males need no apply.

You seem to be unduly exercised by the appointment of a well-regarded actor to the lead role in a children’s tv show.

Drac

It is so obviously an appointment for gender balances sake though, just like Dr Who was. Why do we need to do this? Why isn’t it best person for the job and not a box ticking exercise? White males need no apply.

It’s PC gawn mad. Cant w8 4 Brexit so we can git are countary back.  Discustard.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It is so obviously an appointment for gender balances sake though

Do you think?

I would have preferred Cox, but I’ll take Ball.

I’m glad they’re trying to cater to actual middle-aged people and not geriatrics, Zoe Ball / Sara Cox were the only viable options I could see without drafting in someone outside of BBC radio, which is very unlikely for the worlds biggest radio show.

We shouldn’t assume just because a Women gets a prominent role she only got it because she’s a women.

wallop

This is the problem, isn’t it? “She only got it because she’s a woman” – does my nnnnging head in.

Cougar

Discustard

😆 Thanks for that, I almost choked.

I would have preferred Cox, but I’ll take Ball.

They totally missed a trick in not hiring both for Cox & Ball’s Breakfast show.

Cougar

This is the problem, isn’t it? “She only got it because she’s a woman” – does my nnnnging head in.

This.

Don’t get me wrong, positive discrimination isn’t a particularly great thing.  But the wails of “political correctness” / “SJW” / something about lesbians / etc from manbabies who can’t accept that someone might just have got a role based on merit despite not having a penis is just pathetic.  Grow the hell up or get off my Internet.

Flaperon

I quite like Ken Bruce, Popmaster is great.  Wright’s well past his sell-by date though.  What sort of fracking catchphrase is “no G”?  Every time he says it I want to put my foot through the dashboard.

Well said.

Looking forward to Zoe Ball taking over.  Chris Evans is a manipulative, shouty little shit.  I’ll give him credit for “500 Words” though, that’s a great idea.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I bloody love Zoe Ball. Always have. I might even switch back from Radio 4 on my morning commute as a result.

Can’t stand Chris Evans, never have. Moyles is a tax robbing arrogant toad and I cant understand a word Cockthy says.

Bring back the mighty and delightful Ball!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s PC gawn mad. Cant w8 4 Brexit so we can git are countary back.  Discustard.

*uplordz

pondo

Deeply saddened Evans is offski – always seemed to be having fun, and what he talks about seems to have weight, no matter what it is. Good luck to Ball, will give it a go – sure I’ve heard her before and she’s inoffensive enough, just a bit vanilla. I like Cox but couldn’t stomach her at breakfast. Feltz just needs cutying loose, horrible presenter, and Jeremy is ace. 🙂

ross980
    Free Member

I’m not a huge fan of ZB but will give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she can stamp her own mark on the show. I was a CE fan but find him massively tedious now, the sooner ALL his nauseating segments are scrapped the better.

If I had to pick from the current R2 DJs I’d have gone for Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo (or either one of them on their own/alternating).

Oh yeah, and the Steve Wright comments… Agree totally. He must have melted into his swivel chair and be wedged in the studio – there’s simply no other explanation as to why he’s still there. Utter shite. Literally the only thing positive about his show it is that it means the Jeremy Vine Show is over.

wallop

Whereas I am yet to see a shred of chemistry between Jo Wiley an Simon Mayo, which is a shame. I’ve always found his R2 show pretty dull, but Film Review on R5L is absolutely superb!

redthunder
    Free Member

Monkman & Seagull should of been considered.

🙂

handybar
    Free Member

As long as Ken Bruce is left alone, I’m happy.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Zoe was the one person I liked that stood in for KB when he was on holidays. Really like her, unlike Sara Cox who is just not someone I like to listen to.

I liked Chris Evans when he did the R2 drive time show, but after taking over Terry’s slot he went downhill for me. So it’s good news IMO.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Love Ken Bruce…..it will be a very sad day when he stands down.  The fact he has young children will keep him working for a while yet.

its amazing the different opinions on here, I actually like steve wright, and can’t stand Simon Mayo.  Probably the opposite to how I felt when they were at R1.

CountZero

Care to give us a long list of female radio presenters who you’d prefer to see in her place…

Oh, wait, you can’t, because you clearly detest the idea that a woman can do as good a job as a bloke, vis your Dr Who comment, which is just crass sexism. If you knew anything about the history of Dr Who, you’d know that the Doctor’s race can change gender, and there are female Time Lords.

You, sir, are a jackass.

Merak

I used to enjoy Simon Mayo, then some git put that pious cretin Jo Whiley on with him. Why would you do that?

Do they not like him? I feel like her and Steve Lemacq have some sort of dirt on the BBC. I hate them both, just dreadful broadcasters.

Good riddance to Evans another odious man. Only to be filled with the vacuous Zoe Ball. Great.

wallop

How is she vacuous!?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Im getting old…. I know this, because in the last few years I’ve started to enjoy the BBC2 morning show and Chris Evans…. Hell, I’ll even admit to tolerating Ken Bruce.

Zoe Ball will be good, Coxy would have been better… but they should have given it to Liza Tarbuck !!

FuzzyWuzzy

I think this thread says more about your average R2 listener than anything else, it’s like being back in the 70’s…

bikebouy
    Free Member

With brexit on they way, you get what you vote for 🤣

trailwagger
    Free Member

Lol at all the people abusing me and calling me names and a sexist and the like…

I have no problem with a woman in any role and am not in the least bit sexist. But I do think that the BBC are trying too hard to be gender equal. Its like there was an executive decision that “we need to have a woman this time” rather than, lets find the best PERSON for the job.

footflaps

Well personally I think Sara Cox would be the best person for the job, much prefer it when she takes over when Chris is on holiday….

Drac

I have no problem with a woman in any role and am not in the least bit sexist.

Are some of your best friends women?

lets find the best PERSON for the job.

They appointed a successful and popular presenter. Who do you think they should use?

Sorry which white male do you think?

beicmodur
    Free Member

I think this headline sums it up “Ball Bags Breakfast”. Should of been Coxy.

trailwagger
    Free Member

They appointed a successful and popular presenter. Who do you think they should use?

Well, judging by this thread it seems that Sara Cox is deemed by the majority to be a much better presenter.

Drac

Well, judging by this thread it seems that Sara Cox is deemed by the majority to be a much better presenter.

Maybe but she’s stil female.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!’ is closed to new replies.