• This topic has 128 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Zoe Ball to replace Chris Evans ! I know Evans is like marmite but I find him very entertaining and an easy listen in the mornings. Zoe on the other hand is a typical air head with nothing of substance to add to any discussion, debate or subject. Guess I will have to find another breakfast show to listen to after Christmas.

Kryton57

Is her dad still alive?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Evans just shouts about his kids.

Zoe’s not bad but It should have been Coxy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Agree, I’m also surprised it wasn’t Coxy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Evans just shouts about his kids.

Zoe’s not bad but It should have been Coxy

Agreed, it’s not the best news, but it’s still good news.

jonnyboi

Bad choice,  not even a brave one either

tomhoward

Agreed, it’s not the best news, but it’s still good news.

Isnt that what radio 2 aims for though? Not that bad, but not that great either? Safe radio?

the-muffin-man

Could have been Fearne Cotton! 😱

So we’ve all had a lucky escape! 🙂

I can cope with Zoe Ball, but would have preferred Coxy.

oldtennisshoes

Interesting how the better bbc folk have gone. Anything to do with publishing salaries I wonder 🤔 just need Evan Davis to go and it’s pretty much goodnight Vienna.

Caher

I’d have preferred Chris Moyles then I could switch back to Radio x.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Safe radio?

Yep, seems to explain how Ken Bruce and Steve Wright are still there.

I reckon they should get Keavney on for a couple of weeks in the run up to the swap

juanking

Agree, should have been Sara Cox, oh well 6 music it is.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Agree with muffinman. Cotton is intolerable with her bunker-busting voice. Oooooof.

winston
    Free Member

Why would anyone listen to either Evans or Ball or any nightmare breakfast show when a world of podcasts are available!

trailwagger
    Free Member

Why would anyone listen to either Evans or Ball or any nightmare breakfast show when a world of podcasts are available!

Convenience?

the-muffin-man

And in a lot of work places Radio 2 is the safe option.

the-muffin-man

Still can’t believe they are kicking RadMac of afternoons on 6 music though. Who TF came up with that plan.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, you can almost hear Gammon spitting on the Electric Cooker in the suburbs..

🤣🤪

Damn fine choice IMO.

She may not have much in the way of substance or style, but she’s a bubbly shouty girl who will be an enabler for other female more prominent roles on R2 when the current pasty mouth blubbering self promoting dimwits retire or get booted out.

Awesome, should be celebrated and applauded.

Couldnt care less for those who oppose change, they are part of the old school limited mentality.

legend
    Free Member

is anyone opposing change? Seems like everyone is happy with change……. its just that she’s shit

bikebouy
    Free Member

Define shit?

Also, lots of criticism ^^

mos

I wouldn’t have minded either.

I quite like Cox and Balls.

IGMC

Speeder

What do you lot that like Sara Cox like about her? She’s (insert swear word here) awful and I’m very glad we missed that particular bullet.

I’m no great fan of ZB but she does play some decent music (on her current show admittedly).

I had a suspicion it might have been Angela Scanlon who was great standing in on drivetime a couple of weeks ago, I think she’d have been really good.

rascal
    Free Member

You can’t please everyone. They will lose some listeners and gain some new ones that’s for sure.

Slightly different point but I used to listen to the Radio 1 news at 5.45pm in the car on the way home – Greg James would do that 10 Minute Takeover just after – sometimes bloody good tunes, sometimes crap. Now it’s that irritating knob Grimmy – I turn over the exact moment the news finishes. I can’t stand his voice – he’s like thrush.

P-Jay
    Free Member

is anyone opposing change? Seems like everyone is happy with change……. its just that she’s shit

Nope since Sir Terry (Gawd bless you sir) stepped down R2 breakfast has been horrific, the apex being the annual self-congratulating circle jerk of the Children in Need auction thing, it’s a great cause, raises lots of money blah blah blah but it’s so cringeworthy I want to tear my head off to be free from it.

I just can’t stand him, he was amazing in the 90s, but he’s just such an intolerable **** as a middle aged man.

I wish him all the best on Virgin, knowing full well he wis simply cease to exist to me, tucked away on some DAB only station I will never listen to.

tinybits
    Free Member

Happy enough with Ball, although those who wanted Cox should note that Cox will be doing approx 10 weeks a year of the show, that’s a reasonable amount especially as it’s all reading out messages sent in by listeners (does my head in!)

mahalo

Zoe is alright. but ive stopped listening to R2 in the morning since Evans used to give me road rage! im quite happy with Five Live these days, unless there happens to be some frickin Golf game on…

winston
    Free Member

@trailwagger  whats difficult about switching your phone on, opening an app and selecting what you want to listen to?  Also, I use iplayer radio alot as well. Hardly anyone watches ‘live’ TV, why should radio be any different?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not bothered who it is ..I gave up on radio dross years ago preferring my own Spotify tunes to some up their own arse DJ drone ..

nickc

an easy listen in the mornings

this, and this,

typical air head with nothing of substance to add to any discussion, debate or subject.

Are essentially the same thing, plus it’s R2, their raison d’etre is bland, uninspiring insipid, non confrontational cornflake-alike muzak and presenters. Zoe Ball is literally R2 made flesh.

zilog6128

As a license fee payer, I thoroughly approve of this cost-cutting measure! Why don’t they replace ALL presenters with ladies? Then they’d be able to afford a few more series of Red Dwarf! 😀

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I like her.

Warm, friendly and chatty, doesn’t try to be anything she isn’t.

Cox was the reason I stopped listening to radio 1.

ransos
    Free Member

She may not have much in the way of substance or style, but she’s a bubbly shouty girl

She’s 47.

trailwagger
    Free Member

@trailwagger whats difficult about switching your phone on, opening an app and selecting what you want to listen to? Also, I use iplayer radio alot as well. Hardly anyone watches ‘live’ TV, why should radio be any different?

Not so easy while your driving to work at 60mph.

the-muffin-man

Hardly anyone watches ‘live’ TV, why should radio be any different?

Dunno – has to be live for me, just on in the background as a commentary to the day.

I’ve never listened to a radio show on iPlayer or a Podcast.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whats difficult about switching your phone on, opening an app and selecting what you want to listen to?

Now you put it like that……

zilog6128

“Siri, play my latest podcasts”

actually safer than pissing about with the radio!!

trailwagger
    Free Member

Hardly anyone watches ‘live’ TV, why should radio be any different?

Because a large part of it is current affairs, it doesn’t work if they are not current.

brakes
    Free Member

it will just be nice to have a female breakfast radio presenter that isn’t Chris Evans or Dave Berry or Christian O’Connell.

my little kids have to listen to BBC radio in the mornings so it would be nice to have some gender balance.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I can’t listen to her. Just awful.

trailwagger
    Free Member

it will just be nice to have a female breakfast radio presenter that isn’t Chris Evans or Dave Berry or Christian O’Connell.
    my little kids have to listen to BBC radio in the mornings so it would be nice to have some gender balance.

It is so obviously an appointment for gender balances sake though, just like Dr Who was. Why do we need to do this? Why isn’t it best person for the job and not a box ticking exercise? White males need no apply.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Not Zoe Ball…. AAArrrghhhhhhh!!!!’ is closed to new replies.