• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ReallyOlderGit-spam.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • not a lot of flights over the UK then
  • BillyWhizz
    Free Member
    shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently when this happened in the States post 911, the temperature jumped by two degrees- something to do with the lack pollution in the atmosphere that was previously reflecting back some of the sun's energy. So we got that to look forward to today then!

ivantate
    Free Member

I think the dust which is the original problem will cause the temperature to drop.
    Krakatoa, Vesuvius and plenty of other big ones caused the global temperature to drop.

bassspine
    Free Member

Look on the bright side. It's lovely and quiet

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, today's a good day to be living in Hendon. Do you think they're all going round with a ringing in their ears where the constant engine drone should be?!?

Drac

Apparently when this happened in the States post 911, the temperature jumped by two degrees

How did they know what the temperature was going to be before the aircraft were grounded?

D0NK

It's a conspiracy by the icelandic race team, they flew over 2 days ago and didn't want any other internationals at a certain race quick ride this weekend.

aP
    Free Member

Its ever so nice with no planes, and with the ash in the atmosphere we still get spectacular Heathrow sunsets – just without the partially burnt airfuel.

ivantate
    Free Member

On the bad side, I am stuck in Italy and my bikes are in the UK. I knew I should have left one over here for emergencies.

footflaps

Me too, I'm stuck in Cameroon and my bikes are in the UK – arse!

molgrips
    Free Member

Drac, it was the average temperature across the US, and there was a change in stastical trend I believe. Although I thought the temperature went down due to the lack of insulating effect from the contrail clouds, rather than up.

sockpuppet

it was the difference in temperature between night and day that changed, compared to the average

due to the lack of contrails seeding high level clouds. they keep the temp up at night, and shade the sun during the day so keep the temp down

without clouds the range was about two degrees greater.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

ivantate; not a problem the government says that no harm will come to you being out in the dust however other areas of internet advice say you should limit external exercise due to nasty silica dust that gets in your lungs …

so you may not want to be out on your bike anyway. Enjoy Italy

devs
    Free Member

We're supposedly under that nasty dust cloud but the sky's pretty blue with some normal looking cirrus clouds. I guess I'll just go out on treader as normal.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I was going to fly yesterday from Glasgow but my girlfriend talked me into flying out last week instead. Glad I did otherwise I would be having my birthday tomorrow without her and in Dumfries as opposed to being in Brazil 😀 Phew!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I've been working on a project for about 9 months, due to finish this weekend, equipment is all in place, operating theatres closed, deep clean team ready to clean up after us, engineers flights from That London booked for 7AM tomorrow, oh bugger…………

Nice sunset last night though

Bunnyhop

simonralli2 – We share the same birthday.

So, Happy birthday to us for tomorrow. 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah Bunnyhop – congrats to you too. I'll say it now as my lovely girlfriend has planned a trip into the countryside meaning we have to get up very early tomorrow. It's the big 4 – 0 for me! The last day of me being in my thirties 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is the big grey area the no fly zone?

Caher

not good as all the Americans cannot get home from here.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘not a lot of flights over the UK then’ is closed to new replies.