Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • No ticket!!!! – get off my train!!!!
  • ski
    Free Member

here we go 😉

Tea anyone?

ransos
    Free Member

No ticket no ride. Why the emotive use of the term “disabled” do disabled people have more rights than non disabled?

You haven’t answered my question. Do you think that if a disabled woman was fare-dodging, she should have been thrown off in the same manner?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Er… didn’t see any other “crime” being committed.

There’s none so blind as those who can’t see…

I suggest you read up on a bit of Law then, in that case.

I find it intriguing (and somewhat ironic) that people are quick to condemn a minor infraction, yet condone a much worse crime. So, if you’re going to insist someone stick to the rules all the time, then that has to be applied unilaterally.

Otherwise you’re a hypocrite. It’s as simple as that.

surfer
    Free Member

Do you think that if a disabled woman was fare-dodging, she should have been thrown off in the same manner?

Thats not the question you asked. Which one would you like me to answer?

GrahamS

Really? clear assault at least.

Surely Big Man is entitled to use reasonable force if he feels that Wee Scrote is threatening to himself or others (including the conductor)?

Would you do the throwing then?

Nope. I’m a lover not a fighter.

But neither do I think the hypothetical disabled women should be allowed to break the law and be abusive or threatening to the rail staff just because she is hypothetically disabled.

What if it’s a really big, mean looking bloke? What you gonna do then? Throw him off the train?

What if it’s a whole gang of nasty looking Rangers/Celtic fayns?

Then I’d wait for the Transport Police to deal with it while muttering under my breath.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Apart from the fact he was travelling with a ticket valid for the OPPOSITE direction to which he was travelling.
    Im must admit, after watching that, thinking what if the scum had pulled a knife or, wonder if the big man has been arrested for assault on the scum?
    Too many people look the other way because they “dont want to get involved”.
    I got assaulted once and my “best friend” stood by and watched, then called me an “effing grass” when I got the police involved. Words fail me to this day about that arsehole.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Surely Big Man is entitled to use reasonable force if he feels that Wee Scrote is threatening to himself or others (including the conductor)?

Where was the threat?

ransos
    Free Member

Thats not the question you asked. Which one would you like me to answer?

You haven’t answered either of my very similar questions, so feel free to choose.

bruneep

No pay, was clearly a cock and deserved everything and more.

davidrussell
    Free Member

cos you’ve never bunked the fare, ever? Right, ok…

automatic ticketing barriers have largely put paid to this

every time I’ve ever been challenged for a ticket I’ve had one or bought one, not held up a train load of people 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There was no ‘threatening’ going on at all, no matter how you chose to interpret things to suit your own agenda.

Big Man should keep his haynds to himself. He is not above the Law. All he’s done is make himself worse than No Pay. I’d be quite happy if he gets done for assault cos of this, actually. 😀

Nope. I’m a lover not a fighter.

Unless you’re prepared to take action yourself, then it’s probbly best to keep quiet. Otherwise you’re just a hypocrite.

Sorry, don’t mean to be rude, but if you think it through, you’ll see that I’m right.

Coyote
    Free Member

So, to those defending said fare dodger, what is the solution? Fare dodger is allowed to travel FOC? What about the folk who pay? Maybe next time they shouldn’t bother either.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

who is defending the fare dodger? the police had been called. Let them deal with it

ransos
    Free Member

But neither do I think the hypothetical disabled women should be allowed to break the law and be abusive or threatening to the rail staff just because she is hypothetically disabled.

Neither do I, and nor did I suggest that she should. I also don’t think that she should be physically assaulted.

The solution is simple, and one that I’ve seen at first hand: the inspector phones the transport police, who wait at the next station.

On a wider point, there’s an awful lot of puffed-chest moralising on this thread, from people who I suspect commit more serious law-breaking on a regular basis.

si-wilson
    Free Member

So someone should have bought him a ticket so that no one should be offended or hurt?

Next time the fare dodger thinks ‘why bother even buying a single fare, I’ll not bother at all as someone else will pay’

The big guy was proportionate, the old ticket man was in no position to remove the fare dodger so the big man kindly offered to help, the fare dodger still refused so the big man removed him, the fare dodger still wiggled and squirmed so the bigger man had to remove the fare dodger a little more forcedly.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s none so blind as those who can’t see…

Wow, you don’t say!!!! 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The big guy was proportionate

I thought his head looked a little small for his body, but that cooduv bin the camera angle.

Edukator
    Free Member

I do find it surprising that a rail company is prepared to break it’s contract with hundreds of customers because of one non-payer. I surprised that the bus near Loughborough stopped in the middle of nowhere to await the Police thus inconveniencing the other passengers and leaving them at risk of assault from four scrotes.

surfer
    Free Member

You haven’t answered either of my very similar questions, so feel free to choose

I answered the first one, you introduced “thrown off in the same manner?? because you wanted to introduce a bit of melodrama.
    Anyway, what about answering mine?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Wrong. Read up on the Law. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Have to drop insults to get your points across as fact?

bigyinn
    Free Member

On a wider point, there’s an awful lot of puffed-chest moralising on this thread, from people who I suspect commit more serious law-breaking on a regular basis.

**** off you muppet. So because some of us defend the big man you naturally assume that we’re committing serious crime?On what factual basis is that?
    Big man lobbed scum off because the train was going no-where until scrote was removed or police turned up. Perhaps he was rather keener to get home to his family that listen to some scumbag swearing?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Nice edit Elf

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Here we go…

Edukator
    Free Member

As a comparison, any trouble on a French train and it goes on as usual till the next station, where the Gendarmes board.

ransos
    Free Member

Wrong. Read up on the Law. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Quite. This thread is quite illuminating. I’ve learned that causing a minor loss to a train operator should result in you being assaulted. I wonder what the same people think about other examples of law-breaking. What would the appropriate punishment be for breaking the speed limit by 1mph?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes –

The big guy was proportionate, the old ticket man was in no position to remove the fare dodger so the big man kindly offered to help, the fare dodger still refused so the big man removed him, the fare dodger still wiggled and squirmed so the bigger man had to remove the fare dodger a little more forcedly.

Si – no way – where was the threat to anyones person? there wasn’t. If the big man had not intervened no one would have been assaulted.

Its neither proportionate nor commensurate. its a clear assault

surfer
    Free Member

I also don’t think that she should be physically assaulted.

Who said she should?

Upon what do you base your suspicions? “on a regualar basis” as well?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What would the appropriate punishment be for breaking the speed limit by 1mph?

Same as if you’d just belted through a housing estate at 150mph, apparently…

ransos
    Free Member

**** off you muppet. So because some of us defend the big man you naturally assume that we’re committing serious crime?On what factual basis is that?

Is that the best you can do? Resort to pathetic insults? You are quite clearly not up to this, so why don’t you toddle off, there’s a good little boy.

falkirk-mark

It was best result all round IMO, wee dick gets put off train and embarrassed in front of his mates and the rest of the passengers get on with their journey. If it was my lad on the train and he done that he would get a slap at the house as well.

surfer
    Free Member

You are quite clearly not up to this

You dont seem to be doing that well yourself! Can you answer the question? or is it just one way traffic with you?

bigyinn
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    Is that the best you can do? Resort to pathetic insults? You are quite clearly not up to this, so why don’t you toddle off, there’s a good little boy.

No its not, but you’re not worth the effort of a well constructed argument.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘No ticket!!!! – get off my train!!!!’ is closed to new replies.