• This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by timc.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • No Black option for new soul frame…..
  • kiwifiz
    Free Member

I heard the rumours and now see this horror scenario is true……

Noooooooooooooo! Baldy geek towers what have you done! How can I upgrade my current black soul frame without the wife noticing now!!!!

Alex

My rocket is black. Wish I’d gone for the Orange as Matt Black shows up every scratch and ding. Still I like to think of those scars as memories..

Anyway get it bought, quick hammerite job and done 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Travesty.
    I imagine he has a very good reason. It had better be that the world has run out of black paint or the man is clearly insane.

timc
    Free Member

could stop being pathetic & put the wife in her place 🙂

nedrapier

could stop being pathetic, listen to the wife and carry on riding the current frame which is still perfectly good, isn’t it? Would you really be any happier with the new one for more than 5 minutes? Remember how excited you were when you got this one? What’s changed since then? Is this the best way of spending £500? When are we going to get the windows done at the back? etc.

svalgis
    Free Member

Here I was thinking that the OP was supposed to be a little bit of fun, implying that the only/worst bit of the discontinuation of black Souls is having a harder time “sneaking it past the wife”. I can clearly see now that I should have treated it as a 100% super serious post and angrily replied accordingly. I’m so sorry.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Maybe the OP wants to fit a dropper post.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Mr Rusty S has divined my true purpose………having destroyed two hilo’s and a trail drop in 27.2 guise I am hankering for my old trouble free and robust reverb from previous frame…..but not any time soon as yes, very happy with my black MkII…….equally perceptive Mr svalgis. Having “turned” wife from bike hater into super keen mtb beginner think I’ve earned some slack….she even demanded we went snow riding at the weekend…..think I’ve created a monster.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How can I upgrade my current black soul frame without the wife noticing now!!!!

Just tell her you are giving it a spruce up for the summer. A nice cheap powder coat and some new stickers. It will be much better value than buying a new one.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I too fancied a black one , all my bikes are black at the moment, after many years of bright and neon, must be a phase 😀

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m fancying the lovely green Soul personally………………..

sambob
    Free Member

I fancy a duck egg blue one.

Rosss
    Free Member

Am I wrong in thinking there was a black soul in the new soul brothers video? Nevermind I’ll have to settle for a green or orange when i’ve got some overtime in at work!

Stevo210
    Free Member

Still I like to think of those scars as memories..

TRUE! I still remember where I was when I clouted my XTR rear mech.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

There are the first batch of mk III black souls out there, just none int the latest (Jan) batch…..looks like they now become collectors items……unless the inevitable riots oitside baldy geek towers bring about a black soul recall for batch 3!

timc
    Free Member

svalgis – Member
    Here I was thinking that the OP was supposed to be a little bit of fun, implying that the only/worst bit of the discontinuation of black Souls is having a harder time “sneaking it past the wife”. I can clearly see now that I should have treated it as a 100% super serious post and angrily replied accordingly. I’m so sorry.

I dont get whats funny about referring to the other half as the ‘Boss’, like you need permission to get a new bike or you need her ok, strange humour

Northwind

kiwifiz – Member

Mr Rusty S has divined my true purpose………having destroyed two hilo’s and a trail drop in 27.2 guise I am hankering for my old trouble free and robust reverb from previous frame…

Gravity Dropper? More reliable than a reverb, and 900% more ugly as well, double win.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m more annoyed about all the large green BFe being sold out before they even got into the country. I want one. 🙁

matther01
    Free Member

Has anyone had theirs resprayed before? Can you peel and ‘re-use’ the original stickers or can Cotic provide them?

kiwifiz
    Free Member

I dont get whats funny about referring to the other half as the ‘Boss’, like you need permission to get a new bike or you need her ok, strange humour

….keep digging timc……

svalgis
    Free Member

So you have to personally find something funny to understand whether it’s intended as a joke or not?

timc
    Free Member

kiwifiz – Member
    ….keep digging timc……

Digging what?

timc
    Free Member

svalgis – Member
    So you have to personally find something funny to understand whether it’s intended as a joke or not?

errr, i think i clearly state i know its intended as a joke, did you read the bit you quoted? ‘strange humour’ being the give away?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘No Black option for new soul frame…..’ is closed to new replies.