Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Next Bond?
  • zanelad
    Free Member

I’ve always thought Clive Owen would make a decent Bond.

yossarian
    Free Member

Patridge

hugo
    Free Member

Mourinho.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why does it have to be a bloke??

I vote that girl who played Pookie in that late 50’s Swedish CriDrom on BBC4 late last year.

mav12
    Free Member

Big mistake when they didn’t give it to Lewis Collins (Bodie out of The Professionals).
    Ive not watched a Bond film since Daniel Craig took over but will see the new one as its set in Rome, my favourite city.
    I think Elba will be the next Bond.

This

CheesybeanZ

Cillian Murphy , he’ll be mid fortys if DC does another one . I think he’d be good tho .

edhornby

A complete unknown, not from RADA or the national either

wouldn’t come with a load of actor baggage, the films sell themselves so doesn’t need to be a name, (would be cheap), would actually want the part as opposed to umming and ahhing about it like all other self-important actors do, would be someone who can act rather than climb the walls

teasel
    Free Member

I thought Elba was cast aside for being ‘too rough’ or something.

FWIW I think Craig is a good Bond. Or, rather, a bad Bond when compared to Dalton or Brosnan.

Personally I’d like to see a relatively unknown actor taking the roll but I doubt that’ll happen. A bit like Doctor Who.

Mourinho.

I think his acting would be a bit woolen…

Edit :

A complete unknown, not from RADA or the national either

Gah. That’ll teach me to type faster.

hugo
    Free Member

Serious suggestion this time. Damien Lewis.

athgray
    Free Member

Henry Cavill?

A curved ball – wouldn’t fit the stereotype and I don’t know if he could pull it off, but I’d like to see Jason Statham play Bond.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

He’s too old now, but I would have liked to have seen Ralph Fiennes as Bond. Shame, I’ve always rated his ability to play coldly calculating psychopaths.

So probably Tom Hardy really, or Idris Elba.

Bregante

I would have liked to have seen Ralph Fiennes as Bond

He’s going to make a good M though

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

In regards to M, I also really wished they’d just cast Patrick Stewart for shits and giggles/reference American Dad.

But yes, Fiennes makes a perfect M.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s going to make a good M though

Elba? That’s the opinion here at Flash Towers. Mrs CFH and I are big Bond nuts, primarily from the books, and Elba would make an excellent M after Fiennes.

Craig was spot on the moment he was in Layer Cake. It was a eureka moment, “Oh, that’s Bond. He’s going to be Bond”. Clive Owen could/would have been brilliant, but he didn’t want what came with it.

Bear in mind, this is how Fleming saw Bond;

He was like a weasel, strong but of sinew not muscle. Not a “nice” person, but a bit of a shit. A cad. ” an extremely dull, uninteresting man to whom things happened…a blunt instrument … “

Which is why Craig and Dalton are the best Bonds so far.

The next will, as seen above, be a relative unknown, someone who can act, someone wiry, tough and gritty.

slackalice
    Free Member

The next will, as seen above, be a relative unknown, someone who can act, someone wiry, tough and gritty.

Me then.

DrJ

I vote that girl who played Pookie in that late 50’s Swedish CriDrom on BBC4 late last year.

Crimes of Passion – Tuva Novotny.

Not sure about Bond, but happy to watch her in anything 🙂

Drac

Surfmatt.

maccruiskeen

like a weasel, strong but of sinew not muscle. Not a “nice” person, but a bit of a shit. A cad. ” an extremely dull, uninteresting man to whom things happened…a blunt instrument … “

Hang on – haven’t you just copy and pasted that from your Linkedin page?

hora
    Free Member

Two pages and no mention? Possibly our best (and criminally under rated outside of Thespian circles) actor of them all; Fassbender.

wallop

I’d go with Fassbender, too.

Jason Statham? I’ve only ever seem him play one character – and it wasn’t Bond.

allthepies
    Free Member

Statham!? 😯 😆

deviant
    Free Member

Craig was spot on the moment he was in Layer Cake. It was a eureka moment, “Oh, that’s Bond. He’s going to be Bond”.

This.

I watched layer cake, not even aware they were looking for a new bond but said to mates that he’ll be the next bond (as did many others i’m sure)….to date i havent seen another actor do that for me.

He does need to be relatively unknown like Craig was…an established star comes with their career already tainted by more well known roles….the studio needs to look around the indie scene and see who’s coming up or grab someone after their first breakthrough performance but before they do anything else.

dknwhy

Alan Hansen

jimmy

Christian Bale.

shermer75
    Free Member

TJ innit

redthunder
    Free Member

Bunnyhop

Its interesting to get all the male views. However we ladies need the acting ability and looks.
    Henry Cavill certainly looks the part.

I’ve had to google almost all the above suggestions.

Still hoping DC will do one more.

senorj

Chiwetel Ejiofor

chakaping
    Free Member

The bond movie franchise has got a lot bigger since Craig came on board, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a bigger star signed up next.

Elba seemed a shoo-in, but he also seems to have quite an outspoken personality. I wonder if he’s shot himself in the foot somewhere along the way.

Tom hardy would be **** awesome and I get the feeling he’d be up for it.

The Stath is clearly a rank outsider, but I actually think he’d be amazing in a Roger Moore but convincingly tough kind of way.

athgray
    Free Member

Clive Standen (Rollo from Vikings)?

CaptJon
    Free Member

A new Bond usually means a fresh(ish) start. If this is the case then it won’t be a Daniel Craig replacement, but a casting decision based on what the new director and the Broccolis want to do.

Alfie Allen would fit the version CaptainFlashheart mentioned, albeit younger.

hammerite
    Free Member

Elba has said he wouldn’t want it as he doesn’t want to be known as “The Black Bond”.

twixhunter
    Free Member

Jim Caviezel

LapSteel
    Free Member

I think its ripe for Tom Cruise 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Charlie Hunnam?

Turned down The role of Christian Grey, so presumably can do suave/sophisticated as well as his more usual murdering psycopath role. Might be a bit too Craig Mk2 though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Let’s see?

Great actor?
    Steely eyed stare?
    Able to deliver glib one liners?
    Only ever wears handmade bespoke tailored suits?
    Previous for playing dangerous but damaged characters who have a way with the ladies but would kill without hesitation?

There’s really only one choice…..

teasel
    Free Member

Clive Standen

I had to Google to put a face to the name. If they ever make a film of that weird Dya Wanna Be In The SAS thing on Ch.4 recently he’d be perfect for the roll of the main man with the squeaky voice…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

James McEvoy does a very good job of suave and unhinged almost at the same time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you aren’t going to take my proposal for the lovely Tuva Novotny seriously I’m going to offer up..

Him..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Next Bond?’ is closed to new replies.