Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • new years day dinner. what you having?
  • steveoath
    Free Member

Friends for lunch then steaks for dinner.

What are you planning?

Edit: going round to the friends house for lunch, not eating them!

Stoner
    Free Member

Paracetamol with a lemsip chaser

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just put a stew in the bottom oven. Shin, so will cook beautifully over the whole day. Dumplings. Obviously.

Bottle of LP rosé in the fridge to kick things off, then some rather special beers to follow.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Chinese takeaway for us lot, im sick of cooking.

Klunk
    Free Member

roast lamb

jon1973
    Free Member

slowoldman

Dunno. Visiting friends. All I know is “bring red, oh and white”.

ThePinkster

Possibly a KFC. 😀

pictonroad

Short rib of beef slow cooked with sticky chipotle sauce.

Droool

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks to this post I’m going to go shopping now as we haven’t got owt in and the realisation probably wouldn’t have hit till 3pn new years day 😯

davedodd
    Free Member

New Years Day is for cycling not eating.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Still working through leftovers.

Tonight it’s toblerones, shortbread and mixed nuts.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Rib of beef

Kryton57

A whole table full of M&S bits & bobs, you know spring rolls, sausage rolls, those little balls with garlic butter inside.

Its the last day of drinking for 3 months for me also, although I’ll go easy as I’m Time Trialing tomorrow. 😕

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The old faithful…

Steak pie.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Whatever the in-laws are cooking 😉 Will be recovering from tonight with a short ride following a late start (short ride will probably feel like an all day epic)

Tonight, we have a fairly big dinner with friends, Mrs B getting started on the cooking now. I will be testing the new internet connection watching Unbreakable whilst tidying and doing some ironing !!

luke
    Free Member

Lunch will be a burger or packed sandwich from a train station I suspect followed by pizza in the evening as I’m off to a clients new year / belated Christmas party, the invite says bring beer and they will cover the pizza.
    May have time for a kebab before the 4am train home.

iainc

Big dinner tonight with neighbours coming in, annual tradition. 2 large steak pies collected from local butcher yesterday, sorted 😀 Also lots of cheese, wine, whisky !

epicsteve
    Free Member

We’re normally steak pie on New Years Day however it’s just myself and my wife this year so I’m going to make one of her favourites – potato and kale champ with cod topped off with a poached egg.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm…got me thinking. Think I’ll do a pork belly or loin with roasted every-****-thing and a homemade cauliflower cheese. Mrs dd isn’t a meat eater but loves all the roasted veg isn’t bothered if it’s been sat under the joint. That’s the kind of not-really-veggie I can live with. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Parents coming round, but looks like the only decent day for us to get over the weekend weatherwise.

So sausage casserole in the slow cooker, mashed potatos and veg.

Simple and warming

Drac

Sleep. I’m back to work tomorrow night for the weekend.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Rib of beef too with all the trimmings ….with a Heston take on lemon meringue pie for pud.
    Then for nibbles we got a couple of lobsters for me and the boy… 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Out for a tasty meal at the pub. Never eaten here before but I stopped in for a pint after a wet and cold ride and the food looked mighty fine Rose and Crown Inn

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cake – massive triple decker cake as its my youngests B’day and going to the Tenth Hole 😀
    Then dinner? Probably KFC on the way up to the midlands.
    Supper however is pulled pork, brioche buns and sauce with Jammy red Roo seeing as I’m allowed to drink in very strict moderation until the 16th!!

Merak

Steak pie on our table too, is that just a Scottish thing? You know, like the bells, shortbread and cirrhosis

rOcKeTdOg

sausage sarnie at the cafe mid ride

olly2097
    Free Member

Nowt. Probably a drink of something about 4pm when I have my first wee of the day. maybe a few choccies left over from Xmas.

Working. Busy busy busy.

stewartc
    Free Member

Planning an all day ride tomorrow and I think a BBQ at a riding buddies place in the next village after.

I’m not a New Year person so I will be starting at 7am tomorrow, make the most of the day.

mattbee

Planning on putting something in the slow cooker, lamb or beef.
    Wife is on late shift tonight then early tomorrow so we aren’t really doing the whole new year thing.

gordimhor

Vegetarian casserole +codeine sulphate

dexa

Beetroot curry and a Cobra wash down, you have to start the New Year as you mean to go on.

richmtb

Steak Pie here too.

Made from scratch though (except the pastry)

Making chicken Balmoral tonight

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Me too Rich, it’s the only way.

*Shakes head @ Clow*

fourbanger
    Free Member

Had Nasi Goreng and a Bintang 1200m up a volcano. Deserved it as we started at sea level on the bikes in the morning.

scotroutes

Steak pie.

Is this some sort of trick question?

tomhoward

A whole nandos chicken (extra hot), with peri peri chips and coleslaw. Possibly with a side of 5 extra hot wings

Harry_the_Spider

Same as Christmas Day but without the wife’s pissed up uncle coming round.

bikebouy
    Free Member

{looks in fridge}

Ey, quinoa salad and king prawns to start, small lamb joint with pimento and potatoes au gratin and broad beans.

{is satisfied I have it all sorted out}

colournoise

Game pie, including pastry from scratch (hot water paste).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘new years day dinner. what you having?’ is closed to new replies.