Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • New stumpjumper.
  • SirHC

Doesn’t look like it from the photos they’ve put up

chiefgrooveguru

“The non-Evo geometry looks good, but I can;t tell if it has the headset adjust capability of the Evo as well?”

It does look good! 99% certain it doesn’t have the clever headset, as it isn’t mentioned in the same bit of the blurb (and I think it would risk competing too much with the Evo if it did).

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/stumpjumper-expert/p/175250?color=281584-175250&searchText=93321-3001

Different geo to the aluminium model and with flexing stays. Nice to see they’ve put some effort into keeping the weight down. Many bikes seem to be getting heavier and heavier at the moment. Although can only see a weight for the S-Works frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

Different geo to the aluminium model

The alu one is better IMO. Longer chainstays on the most-popular sizes and a better spread of reach figures.

Tracey

Its up on the UK site with prices

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/stumpjumper?utm_campaign=UK %7C Stumpjumper&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJ0cmFjZXlsYXd0b25AZ29vZ2xlbWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJOSGRVeDkifQ%3D%3D

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Ha, I was going to say the chainstays are getting a bit too long on the aluminium model. Seat angle is better/steeper, resultingly quite a big difference in top tube lengths for the same reach.

3.5k model looks good value. This and the equivalent Evo seem to undercut Trek and Giant by a good chunk.

cookeaa

There’s those flexy stays…

davros

If I hadn’t bought an occam this year that would be my next bike. Looks like the perfect all-rounder for my riding.

tails
    Free Member

I was thinking the same thing, but I did buy my occam and it is good. I actually asked the dealer if Orbea have anything more like this coming out. Really like swat though. Plus I’m a sucker for Spesh marketing. What kind of warranty do they offer?

lawman91

Looks nice for a Specialized, but early reviews suggest it pedals like crap and isn’t that fun to ride, GuyKesTV seemed to slate the pedalling performance but says its comes up short on the downhills too… Shame as it looks good on paper and SWAT is a great idea. Was expecting a bit more from it with all the hype. But then I rode a circa 2010/11 Stumpy years ago and it was (and still is, despite riding a lot more since) one of the biggest heaps of garbage I’ve ever ridden.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks nice for a Specialized, but early reviews suggest it pedals like crap and isn’t that fun to ride

I noticed from the couple of “first ride” reviews I read that opinion was mixed. If GuyKes gave it a negative review, then that’s a red light for sure.

And personally I’d say it looks complicated and ungainly. Whereas the (probably more complicated) Enduro looks stylish and well-proportioned.

steelbike
    Free Member

Specialized, but early reviews suggest it pedals like crap and isn’t that fun to ride, GuyKesTV seemed to slate the pedalling performance but says its comes up short on the downhills too…

I’m in no way a specialized fan boy but have owned a few that if I had listened to what certain, shall we call them personalities? had said I would have missed out on some great bikes in my experience, you are better off at least trying to have a go on one ,riding the bike yourself is a much better assesment of how it pedals or how much fun it is.

muggomagic

Vital mtb video review didn’t mention any issues with the climbing, certainly seemed more positive about in than Kes’s video. Scan through to the last 5 mins or so for ride impressions.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

If I hadn’t bought an occam this year that would be my next bike.

I was thinking the same thing, but I did buy my occam and it is good. I

Let’s talk 🙂
    Size?
    Which one?
    Exactly how keen are you to get the Stumpy?

davros

Very happy with my Occam, plus I technically don’t own it as I got it through cycle to work.

Shame about all these negative reviews. Loved my alu and carbon cambers and thought they pedalled well.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

mbr write similar stuff to Guy in their review. Maybe Spesh didn’t lay on enough cake at the launch…

beer247
    Free Member

mbr write similar stuff to Guy in their review. Maybe Spesh didn’t lay on enough cake at the launch…

Or they laid on too much cake, and the flex stays couldn’t take it!

tails
    Free Member

Size?
    Which one?
    Exactly how keen are you to get the Stumpy?

I’m not selling yet as I’ll not be able to get hold of a stumpy rendering me bike less! C6 bikes near Cambs did me a cracking price on an m30 if you are looking to buy. People on the occam owners club on Facebook are saying January delivery which is not too bad, where as these stumpys are apparently all sold out.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Are they releasing a frame only EVO in the UK?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘New stumpjumper.’ is closed to new replies.