Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Santa Cruz- What should it come with?
  • V8_shin_print
    Free Member

My new Santa Cruz arrived from the bike shop with nothing but a service folder from the bike shop itself, should there have been anything else? It’s an insurance replacement so I’m really in no position to be fussy but I was just surprised there was no maintenance guide, setup guide, etc, which I thought there might be.
    Didn’t Santa Cruz used to provide shock pumps and grease guns? Has this stopped now?
    cheers
    Mark

singlespeedstu

My last one came with a big bag to put it in and a matching decal kit for the fork. There was nothing else in the box when I unpacked it in the shop.
    The one before came with a grease gun, but they appear to have stopped giving them away now.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Mine came with a grease gun and every other one I have had has too.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Grease gun was crap anyway 😕 …I may have got a shock pump with couple of tokens also

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Grease guns haven’t been supplied with new SC bikes for well over a year.
    Generally they come with the black Santa Cruz wash type bag, some frame rub patches, Rockshox info sheet (if applicable, inc volume spacers) & a spare mech hanger, but even that isn’t always-there wasn’t one with today’s Highball.
    There isn’t an owners manual/warranty card or anything like that.

jekkyl

a self satisfied sense of smugness? 😉

fanatic278
    Free Member

My 5010 bought in March came with a grease gun and pointless black wash bag. I queried the sho about the warranty card, and was told that they send it off for me.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

fanatic278 – Member
    My 5010 bought in March came with a grease gun and pointless black wash bag. I queried the sho about the warranty card, and was told that they send it off for me.

Thats wrong I’m afraid-there is no warranty card for SC, the customer is required to register it themselves online-we sometimes do it in store with the customer at time of collection.

motozulu
    Free Member

An Audi?

Marin
    Free Member

An Orange 5 so you get 1 fun bike out the pair of them 😀

coconut
    Free Member

A vacuum packed wood burning stove ?

Wookster

110mm stem so it’s long enough….

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Ha ha, thanks guys, sounds like I’m not missing much. It’s a 5010 and it did come with a spare mech hanger (forgot about that) and some stickers.

I’ll get myself a grease gun, I’m guessing I probably don’t need to use it very often.

cheers
    Mark

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

ok, so I finally got around to buying a grease gun and thought it was about time to top up the grease levels on the new bike.

Turns out it doesn’t actually have any grease nipples – this might be why it didn’t come with a grease gun…. [feeling pretty stupid] 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Warranty registration isn’t a requirement legally anyway with any warranty, plus Jungle will be fine with just receipt or some such evidence of purchase. They’re very good with warranty stuff.

Still though, most shops will have lost the bits and boxes it came with.

Contact Jungle and they’ll probably send you missing bits free, if the shop can’t find them.

What bike is it without grease nipples? Hard tail I assume then?

And grease gun – original was rubbish though I’ve finally got mine working reasonably. The newer toothpaste tube style one seems a bit pathetic and you’re tied into that kind of grease tube. The original you can at least fill from any tub of grease.

legend
    Free Member

Turns out it doesn’t actually have any grease nipples

They’ve held on to them too?! The bastards!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last one a few years back, hanger, grease gun, t shirt though markets may vary. Grease nipples should be on the lower link (if still there after the re design)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz- What should it come with?’ is closed to new replies.