Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • new road wheels sub £300
  • karnali
    Free Member

not fussed either factory or hand built, reasonbly light if possible, what good for the budget?

ta

andyeez
    Free Member

I recently picked up some Campag Zondas from Wiggle, 1550grms and a fantastic upgrade from the Giant branded ones previously. Much faster rolling and noticeably stiffer. £252.00

TheFlyingOx

Reynolds Solitude

Had these on my road bike for 3 years, ridden in all weather, and they’re still as true as the day I got them. I’m neither a featherweight nor renowned for my line choice.

jfletch
    Free Member

Shimano Ultegra – top quality for the money.

Philby

You should be able to get some handbuilt Mavic Open Pros for slightly over your budget depending on which hub and spokes you choose.

spxxky
    Free Member

Ultegra on offer at Merlin

rocket
    Free Member

I bought RS80s from Ribble on the same budget. Have been faultess so far (about 2,000 mainly dry miles), but not 11 speed compatible. If I was buying again I’d also be looking at something like the farsports carbon wheels or cero AR30s, but both are a little above your budget.

LS
    Free Member

Fulcrum 5s and a bunch of money left in your pocket.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Novatech hubs and take your pick of the new-ish rim deisgns (Stans, h-plus, velocity, etc), under £300 easily and probably under 1300g depening on spec.

monkfish
    Free Member

I’d second Zondas. Fulcrum and Campag wheels are the same but for some reason you pay a premium for Fulcrums.

As far as I can tell the Zondas are equivalent to the Fulcrum Racing 3’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘new road wheels sub £300’ is closed to new replies.