Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • new bottom bracket time
  • andybrad

Ok so the xtr I fitted in October has started creaking. I’m going to clean it and repack while a new one is ordered. However.

My first question is crc have a years warranty on this stuff. Has anyone claimed on it?

Secondly can anyone suggest a bb to replace this one that maybe I can cheaply replace the bearings on?

Cheers

spawnofyorkshire

Heard good thing about the Gusset EXT24. Has cartridge bearings
    Was thinking about getting one when my XTR dies as it’s the same cost as buying one from zee germans

cp

XTR stuff at CRC has a 3 year warranty. I’m sure there’s plenty of wear and tear get out clauses…

They are also out of stock of xtr bb’s till july.

Northwind

Yeah, I’d still recommend the EXT24. Uses a standard bearing and is pretty easy to change, you just need to be careful with the plastic tophat (though tbh, one of mine is mangled because I stepped on it,still works fine). The bearing life is nothing spectacular from new, just decent, bit better if you clean and service it occasionally but the servicability is great.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m giving the uberbike stainless one a go, looks pretty much the same as the gusset, I’ll see how it goes.

soobalias
    Free Member

uberbike stainless – i opened it once over the winter for a little extra grease, but so far so good

edit: from my forum history, 8mths so far, this is on my “twice a week hardtail”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds good Soobalias!.

andybrad

so from your comments your servicing your bb’s?

the ext 24 one looks interesting. especially the needle valve one. Has anyone used one?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘new bottom bracket time’ is closed to new replies.