Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

Nobody was even stupider than I was expecting. More of a fight scene demo reel than a film.
    Possibly, being injured at the minute, it annoyed me how much damage he bounced back from.

cheers_drive

Binged Beef over the past 2 evenings. Really enjoyed it after a slow start.

winston
    Free Member

Late to the party but just finished the second season of Dark last night. This series needs a flippin handbook!

Please tell me there is a proper ending in S3?   If its a let down then i really can’t be arsed to keep notes on WTF is happeneing for another season!

Klunk
    Free Member

this looks fun least a good excuse to Watch All The Presidents Men again ;)

johnx2
    Free Member

Yeah Beef was great. I liked the crows, possible spin off series. Anyway it looked to be setting up for S2. Plenty of milage left in the characters.

But running v low again on good telly, bar succession. (Hence presence on the thread.

timmys

As it sort of got lost at the end of the last page, I’m going to big up “Colin from Accounts” again (iPlayer).

It’s absolutely brill, but to add a few extra nuggets;

– The dog is called Colin. I find it unlikely that a series has had a dog called Colin since Spaced. Anything that brings to mind Spaced can only be a good thing.

– Said Colin is an ‘STW approved” Border Terrier

– In a typically Australian “does exactly what it says on the tin” manner, the TV streaming service that it came from seems to be called “Binge”

nickc

Watched an Ep of Beef, didn’t really get into it, if I’m honest.  Watched the Murtaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal. Over a couple of days, which is an eye opener to see feudalism alive and well in 21st C USA.

martinhutch

Late to the party but just finished the second season of Dark last night. This series needs a flippin handbook!

Please tell me there is a proper ending in S3? If its a let down then i really can’t be arsed to keep notes on WTF is happeneing for another season!

Yeah, they do stick the landing, but you’ll need your spreadsheet open at all times.

scud
    Free Member

Anyone watched the Yellowstone spin-offs, 1883 and 1923? I thought 1883 was brilliant, with that The English this year, been a good year for thoughtful westerns..

nickc

Please tell me there is a proper ending in S3?

Yes there is. S3 arguably is a bit of a curate’s egg. It does tie up a lot of the loose ends, which is cool if you like that sort of thing, but some of them aren’t really essential to the main plot, and they feel like they went out of their way to tidy up some story lines that was part of say; series 1 so that you end up watching 15 minutes of  sort of half remembered plot but really were happy to accept as a Mcguffen just to move the story on a bit.

Second, by the end it really does start to scale Mount Portentous with a diversion to the ridge line of Pomposity…Many of the characters start making metaphysical speeches that sound important and full of meaning, but turn out to be a bit dull and pointless. Like “Our future is filled with the mistakes of our pasts” which sounds deep and meaningful but well; isn’t really. Lots of the dialogue in a couple of Eps is entirely this, and it does get a bit wearisome after a while

But: it’s still a better treatment of time travelling than most manage and the hidden story line that the whole thing hinges on is really quite human, which makes for a nice change.

nicko74

timmys
    As it sort of got lost at the end of the last page, I’m going to big up “Colin from Accounts” again (iPlayer).

Yep, it’s a good ‘un. Quite Aussie in its humour, the dog is great, and just a fun show.
    We wrapped up Entrapped last night, and it was excellent – like Trapped, but shorter (6 episodes rather than 10). Tbh I wasn’t sure heading into it as a couple of folks on here had said it was poor, but it’s exactly what you’d expect.

thepodge
    Free Member

Just seen Yellowjackets is back, a show that had a lot of potential but was in the end absolute rubbish. Show writers need to learn suspense & lack of a plot are not the same thing.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Well worth sticking with Dark, but agreed around the end of S2 you should feel discombobulated.

spacemonkey

Just watched Devotion on Prime. Bloody good. Initially expected it to be Top Gun set to a Korean War backdrop, but it’s not. Instead, it follows the true story of an African-American pilot and his battles against racism/prejudice.

Watch the film before you look up his story.

chakaping

I watched most of Moonage Daydream on Netflix last night.

Very arty David Bowie doc, made up with archive footage and groovy visual effects. Really enjoyed it once I relaxed and went with it.

colournoise

Just started Rain Dogs on iPlayer. Utterly bleak and quite brutal once you look past the black comedy surface (more of a thin veneer actually). Finding it quite compelling though.

ta11pau1

Just finished Beef. Started off really slow and almost gave up on it, but boy oh boy did that escalate quickly!! And that finale! Wow.

Great music choice too. 😎

seadog101

Disney+

War of the Worlds (another re-boot, not much to do with HG Wells…)
    I watch series 1 and 2 a while back. Only just seen that series 3 is there too. Series 1 was ace, 2 didn’t really hit the mark, but still enjoyable, but 3 is doing well so far!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member
    this looks fun least a good excuse to Watch All The Presidents Men again 😉

Ooh, must see that. I bought Liddy a curry once in the late 70s.

Houns

Binged and enjoyed the diplomat on Netflix

twonks

I’ve just started Beef and half way through the Diplomat.
    Both seem good.

Also gone back to Picard (Not Netflix I know), as I initially watched it and gave up after episode 3 of the 1st series.
    I’m no trecky but was advised to go back and watch on as it gets good.

People were correct, it does indeed ramp up. Now on episode 9 of the first series and looking forwards to the next.

desperatebicycle

Yellowjackets… lack of a plot

Er, yeah. Must’ve been a different Yellowjackets to the fab series I watched then! :lol:

Kuco

Personally I wouldn’t even bother with series 2 of Picard and go straight to 3.

thols2

I skipped S2, I’ve watched a couple of episodes of S3, it’s ok.

doomanic

1883 was excellent, 1923 is very good.

dyna-ti

Watched Blade runner 2049 the other day. Seen it before but I like sifi so gave it another run.
    Fell asleep 1/3 of the way in.

Thought I’ll do a rerun of it seeing I fell asleep, so put it on a couple of nights ago.

And fell asleep 1/2 through it :lol:

qwerty
    Free Member

I really like the Usain Bolt documentary, I’m not sure it’s new, but I’ve just found it.

A phenomenal athlete with a really nice attitude and team around him. Literally a legend in the making.

thols2

I just watched ep 1 of White House Plumbers (HBO). It’s entertaining, great cast having fun playing ridiculous characters.

“Have you ever considered that Adolf Hitler and the Hindenberg are not ideal templates of success.”

“We’ve got a problem.”
    “What kind of problem?”
    “It’s locked.”

oldnpastit

Watching “Mr Sunshine” on Netflix, currently on ep9. Some amazing photography of Korea, this might actually be just a very long commercial for the Korean Tourist board.

Plot is pretty decent as well.

Cougar

Nobody was even stupider than I was expecting.

Agreed.

Isn’t it brilliant. I watched it a few days back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Slippin’ Jimmy does John Wick, the most unlikely action hero since that bloke from Moonlighting got stuck in Nakatomi Plaza and Sergeant Murtaugh was getting too old for Predator 2’s shit.

metalheart
    Free Member

Watching “Mr Sunshine” on Netflix

One of my favourite Kdramas, and one I’ve rewatched (Kim Tae Ri in a Hanbok is so beautiful). Characters you get caught up in.

It loses its way a little towards the end (its get a bit propogandy) I enjoyed it immensely.

Yes, the photography is stunning. The mountains, lakes and sea… How they get shots without houses, roads, chemtrails, etc. amazes me🙃

sc-xc

Really enjoyed Colin from Accounts and the collectable thing on Netflix (Goldin something?)…but with the snooker, football every night, MasterChef & Taskmaster I’ve got a bit of a backlog!

Kryton57

Disney + but I loved Rye Lane. A little alternative til with young UK black actors as a UK current Rom Com and a feel good emotional ending.

Very good alternative to the mainstream I thought and we’ll worth a watch for the leading chemistry.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Watched Blade runner 2049 the other day. Seen it before but I like sifi so gave it another run.
    Fell asleep 1/3 of the way in.

Thought I’ll do a rerun of it seeing I fell asleep, so put it on a couple of nights ago.

And fell asleep 1/2 through it 😆

Did you dream of sheep?
    Were they electric?

desperatebicycle

Scrolled up, didn’t see “The Power” (Prime) recommended. When I saw the thumbnail ad on Prime I dodged it cos it looked like another political drama. It’s not. It’s blimmin great.

v7fmp

Defending Jacob on AppleTV was enjoyable.

And of course Ted Lasso, now coming to the end of season 3. Ruddy brilliant.

ta11pau1

Silo on Apple TV is starting well, has a bit of a Westworld vibe to it.

nickc

I read the trilogy it’s based on and I’m “sort of” looking forward to it. we’ll see.

DrJ

We’ve been watching Night Agent – bit absurd but entertaining, and it’s 10 episodes which is a bit of a trial!

zigzag69
    Free Member

A Small Light on Disney+ is very good so far (4 episodes in). Story of the Dutch couple who helped shelter Anne Frank and her family.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.