Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Nespresso – as bad as I expected
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

The hotel I stayed in Friday night had a Nespresso machine in the room; thought I’d give it a go…

Espresso was drinkable, but not tasty. Preferrable to skanky-starbies & Costa.
    Lungo was vile & went down the sink.

Won’t bother next time.

binners

fenred
    Free Member

Get yourself “arpegio’ed” and don’t throw hot water from the kettle or any cow juice in it and you will be awestruck by the convenience! 😉

singlespeedstu

thought I’d give it a go…

Life on the edge there.

Jamie
    Free Member

I like the fact the OP has sat on this bombshell since Friday night.

scaredypants

Get yourself “arpegio’ed”

Bugger me – surely that much washing up liquid in a coffee’s going to give you the splats

stumpy01

I like ’em…….

johnnystorm

I wonder how often said machine is descaled, cleaned etc?

legend
    Free Member

ooft, you’ll be trying Nando’s next!!

MSP

When I am supreme leader, coffee snobs will be first against the wall, just ahead of white men with dreads and grown ups who proudly proclaim Harry Potter as worthwhile reading.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The great thing about Nespresso is that you can shag amazingly beautiful women, even if you’re an ugly little squit like Jack Black, just by being seen to drink one.

smell_it
    Free Member

OP knows how to party.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Must admit, coffee drinkers are the dregs of society.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I like the fact the OP has sat on this bombshell since Friday night.

I was working hard on how to perfectly word my ‘review’ 🙂

If it makes me sound slightly less dull, this weekend I went to 2 gigs, 3 restaurants, and 2 hipster coffee shops – mostly to sniff my own farts :mrgreen:

Also made a home movie 8)

teasel
    Free Member

white men with dreads

We have at least one of those on this forum, don’t we. Kimbers, iirc. The lad that looks a bit like Ewan McGregor or, more accurately, a young Obi Wan.

But I digress – fire away…

br
    Free Member

My OH bought the Aldi version last week, their expresso pots are decent enough – best when the cup/saucer is warm/hot.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I drink lots of coffee for the purpose of keeping awaken even have one of those fancy pod machines

All tastes the same to me..

Cougar

Nando’s is great (vegetarian here).

Harry Potter is great.

What else have you grumpy old men got?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Computer games are for children??

Jamie
    Free Member

Battlestar Galactica was for kids.

mogrim

Battlestar Galactica was for kids.

New(er) or old series?

Jamie
    Free Member

Both.

stevious

I too have had an underwhelming hot drink recently. CAN WE BE FRIENDS?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I too have had an underwhelming hot drink recently. CAN WE BE FRIENDS?

I’ll show ewe mine if ewe show me yours.

kormoran
    Free Member

one of your own, or a competitor’s, Rob?

😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Both

Get out.

Apostate.

FuzzyWuzzy

I recently switched from half-decent bean-to-cup machine to a Nespresso Lattissma Pro (mostly as I don’t drink a whole lot of coffee and was throwing out a lot of beans + it seemed pretty inconsistent how good the espresso was, likely my fault but I’m too lazy to get nerdy about it). So far I’m really happy with it, it’s convenient + there’s a load of different coffees to try and due to the consistency it’s just a case of finding one that you like in the coffee style you prefer and then stick to that with the occasional experimenting when new ones come out).
    The reason I picked that model is I read a couple of reviews saying it produced noticeably better results than other Nespresso machines (and I wanted a milk option) however I don’t really understand why because as long as the other model produces the same pressure surely it should give the same results?). Anyway I didn’t want to buy a cheap one in case I was disappointed and then left with either writing off Nespresso altogether or buying the Lattissma Pro and trying that. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has switched from a cheaper model to a more expensive one and found the taste is noticeably different

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

We always take an aero press with us. Drinking a nice coffee right now in a hotel room 😉

kayla1
    Free Member

Nestlé fail.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nestle+nespresso&oq=nestle+nespresso&aqs=chrome..69i57.3275j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=don’t+buy+nestle&*

globalti
    Free Member

Nespresso is to coffee what designer perfume is to fragrance. Create a fancy brand, sell through poncy designer stores and charge a huge amount for very little and you can fool lots of vain people into spending too much money.

If they were cheap, nobody would believe they were any good.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d certainly agree they’ve gone too much down the pretentious branding/experience BS line (they seem to be trying to copy the Apple store model) but I think the product is pretty good. I had a Dolce Gusto as a few years ago and it was pretty poor, maybe they’ve improved since but the Nespresso I have now is definitely better than that was. You can also use non-Nespresso pods so it’s not like they’ve go you by the danglies – not that I’ve tried other capsules yet.

kayak23

My OH bought the Aldi version last week, their expresso pots are decent enough

I’m sorry, what pots?

mogrim

I’m sorry, what pots?

“Expresso”, it’s an alternative spelling that is now accepted by some dictionaries as correct.

Anyway, espresso or expresso, mrs. mogrim wants one for her birthday and as that takes all the effort out of having to choose something for her I’m not complaining. Does mean another lump of plastic taking up space in the kitchen, though.

Watty

We’ve got one in our hotel room in Kowloon and thought it made an acceptable cup of coffee this morning, wouldn’t buy one though. We do also have a bottle of ‘Fijian Artisan mineral water that costs seven and a half quid. If anyone wants to start a crowdfunding page for me to raise the dosh I’ll tell y’all what’s it’s like.

RobHilton
    Free Member

“Expresso”, it’s an alternative spelling that is now accepted by some dictionaries as correct.

Figurative is accepted by some dictionaries as a definition of literal.

But it’s still worng.

sockpuppet

Fiji water: untouched by human hand!

theotherjonv

Dismissing it on the basis of one specific pod is a bit like having a glass of crappy keg bitter and then declaring that all beer is shit.

Also made a home movie

secretly filming your wife in the shower and then posting it on one of those sites doesn’t count as a ‘home movie’

binners

Has this thread not disappeared up its own arse yet? When it does, maybe somebody could film that?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m dismissing it on the basis of trying 2 pods 😛

Of course I was fully prepared to dismiss it without having tried it as I’m a pretentious coffee-snob and it’s a commercial product, hence couldn’t possibly meet my exacting standards.

For the record: I’m not married – it was somebody else’s wife…

bodgy
    Free Member

Meh. Cafetiere all the way for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso – as bad as I expected’ is closed to new replies.