Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Neighbours CCTV pointing at our garden, how to deal with?
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Like most issues with neighbours, it’s awkward, however, they’ve gone on holiday and over the weekend we’ve noticed they’ve set up a camera in a kinda bag on the corner of their new greenhouse. This camera is pointing directly over our garden and the scrub land at the back of the two houses.

Now, I’m not sure if this was a deliberate move by them but we’ve had run ins over the last few months, mainly due to their 4 Tibetan Terriers constantly barking each time we go outside, ever since they moved in nearly 4 years ago.

Suffice to say, there’s not much love between our two households and their new greenhouse has been put up on the bit of land which technically and actually is outside of their curtlidge, although this was okayed by the landlord/landowner.

A bit of googling suggests their in breach of the right to privacy of the human rights act but seriously, do I really want to get all legal with them? Possibly not, life being too short yadda yadda.

So, STW, any other options apart from sending them a letter quoting article 8? Bombers, footwear and urinating also less than ideal methods.

tails
    Free Member

Start nude sunbathing

Onzadog
    Free Member

Unless you are doing something in that spot which you don’t want recorded, I’d not worry too much. I imagine it’s there to catch anyone coming from that direction who shouldn’t.

Are they likely to share the film with you if you get turned over? Are they likely to watch it all on the off chance they find something they can blackmail you with?

You’re are right though, they should mask the view of the camera so as to not record on third party private property.

oldnpastit

Are they wired or wireless?

If wireless, there is no end of fun to be had if you can sniff out the MAC addresses.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Take a photo of your garden from that viewpoint then create a distraction to get them away from their monitors. Clip the photo in front  of the camera before they sit back down.

jam-bo

Bigfoot costume?

funkmasterp

Sneak out in the middle of the night, dig a grave and pretend to bury a body. Bonus points if you can convince your wife to hide for a few weeks afterwards.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Invite some geriatric naturists around for a morning yoga session while you go out for the day. Then fling something from out of. Shot at the greenhouse so they have to watch it all.

wwaswas

If it’s not on their land contact the land owner and ask them to get it changed?

roger_mellie

Not as creative as those up there ^^ but do you have room to plant something in your garden to obscure their view of you? E.g. an evergreen climber up a trellis panel?

onehundredthidiot

If you’re not over looked I’d go for nudity.

If you are I’d find a cheap windbreak and plant it at the edge of your garden.

You are never going to make things better/ have an easy life if you get worked up about it.

You could always erect the windbreak naked.

martinhutch

Dress up like the twins out of the Shining* and just stand there for five minutes each night until they get back.

*other horror movie tropes are available.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Maybe within the camera they have set up a blackout so they don’t actually see your property.

ive done this with mine, I see my garden but next doors garden has been blocked off in the software so we can’t  view it.

Cougar

this was okayed by the landlord/landowner.

Talking to the landlord / landowner would seem to be the logical solution here?

BigJohn

Get a big sign marked “We Love Scunthorpe” and position it so that only some of the sign is visible.

sirromj

After some indepth research I suggest you load up a catapult up peanut butter, take aim and fling it at the camera lens aiming for total coverage. Either that or bung it in a pea shooter. Not sure what the best method for shooting peanut butter is tbh.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not sure what the best method for shooting peanut butter is tbh.

Sun-Patriot missile?

allthegear
    Free Member

Just walk in vision of the camera once a day, every day. Every day, make a request for the footage. (You are entitled to it). They will get bored…

Rachel

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

L.E.D. pointer aimed at the lens?

or get a poster made up saying “the Trodes are coming” and leave it in shot (ultra niche sci-fi content).

maccruiskeen

Start nude sunbathing

Stop nude sunbathing

orangespyderman

Place a bird feeder just above the camera and let the bird shit solve the problem for you.

funkmasterp

Talking to the landlord / landowner would seem to be the logical solution here?

Pfft! That would be the sensible thing to do. Don’t kill the fun Cougar.

Sneak up to the camera ensuring you’re not visible. Then jump up and scream directly in front of it. Do this randomly throughout the day and night. The fear may kill your neighbours or stop them from recording. Either sounds like it would be a win.

cornholio98
    Free Member

Just walk in vision of the camera once a day, every day. Every day, make a request for the footage. (You are entitled to it). They will get bored…

If the camera is not on their land make the request to the landowners who will likely not have access to the footage. As the neighbours are away this will cause the most disruption.

it seems that this will escalate so you shoul instal your own cameras pointing at them…

martinhutch

Is it one of those motion activated ones that will send a message to them on their holidays every time it is triggered?

Series of cue cards held up once every half hour: IS. THIS. GETTING. BORING. YET?

Not sure what the best method for shooting peanut butter is tbh.

Severe dehydration?

madhouse

Go to a charity shop, get some cheap clothes you’d never wear, mask and gloves. Borrow their camera in the middle of the night, then dispose of the lot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

put up a sheet of ply on the edge of your property that blocks the cameras view.

akira

Every night for a full month go out at 11pm with a spatula and an old sock, spend ten minutes carefully putting the sock on the spatula and hold it up in the air. On the first day of the next month go out but only take the sock. When they come round and ask what happened to the spatula hit them with a stick.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member
    mindmap3
    Free Member

Get the whole family to moonie them a few times a day?

leffeboy

Maybe they are actuality trying to be nice and see if you are doing something to antagonise the dogs or if they really do bark whenever you go in the garden ?

DT78
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry, if its like my cctv it will have spiders crawling all over it and triggering it every 5 mins in a couple of days

outofbreath
    Free Member

Every night for a full month go out at 11pm with a spatula and an old sock, spend ten minutes carefully putting the sock on the spatula and hold it up in the air. On the first day of the next month go out but only take the sock. When they come round and ask what happened to the spatula hit them with a stick.

Priceless, I’m in a silent open plan office and about 5 people are looking at me wondering what I was uncontrollably laughing at for a solid 20 seconds.

slackalice
    Free Member

Oh STW! Back from a hard day of grafting, sit down with a cuppa and proceed to spray the contents as I read your priceless suggestions 😂

Some of which, we have been done since spotting it last Friday evening, namely the popping up in front of it, doing a silent song and dance routines and waving underpants on a bamboo cane in in front of the camera. Fully clothed and a little bit naked 😆 Just to give their remote viewing a little bit of frisson… Or something…

As it turns out, I work on and for the estate to which the houses belong and are let by, had a chat and showed pics of the spying eye to the farm manager, who, in his own inimitable style went off on one. Which was entertaining in itself, it helps being a very useful and much needed employee at times 😉 He found me later in the day accompanied by the farm director who told me that they had turned the camera away from my garden and towards the trees behind 😃

Result! We shall see what happens when the pikey neighbours return from their holiday.

As a side/foot note, the farm director did comment as to how well kept we’re keeping the garden and particularly impressed with our fruit and veg (fnarr…), who then also asked me if he was correct with his identification of the two plants in the greenhouse along with the cucumbers and aubergines… Medicinal use by Mrs Slack for her chronic pain I confidently replied, both medical grade and seems to do the trick when she juices the leaves… They seemed to accept my explanation and suggested that perhaps this is why the neighbour had their camera directed over our garden and towards our greenhouse, some 60yards away and perhaps juice them while neighbour is away. Which is a good idea, however, were only just getting towards 12 and 12!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was asking myself why it’s still attached to the house, if they are away?

Or this

https://english.hku.hk/staff/kjohnson/PDF/wireCCTV.JPG

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours CCTV pointing at our garden, how to deal with?’ is closed to new replies.