• This topic has 112 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by murf.
Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • neighbour tried to glue up my car door lock….
  • andyl
    Free Member

another thought – do you not have central locking anyway?

project
    Free Member

A woman upset her neighbours so they just put the hospipe she had on a reel and connected to an outside tap through her letter box, and turned on the water, totally flooded her ground floor, best done overnight though.

Xylene
    Free Member

Hire a hitman

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

IIRC like me J-Y is from Kilmarnock

I thought I was the only one!

A select few managed to escape…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

you have no proof its her. You need some facts or evidence. I’d avoid vigilante type attacks, the victim is often innocent.

maccruiskeen

I take it none of you are actually in the dreaded east?

One of us is 🙂 But I’m in the nice bit.

binners

you have no proof its her. You need some facts or evidence. I’d avoid vigilante type attacks, the victim is often innocent.

Are you new here?

NOBODY is innocent!!!!

duckman

maccruiskeen – Member

I take it none of you are actually in the dreaded east?

One of us is But I’m in the nice bit.

I work in Montrose, that is about as East as you can be. Still end up in Kilmarnock from time to time. Still I can see the Cairngorms as well so this part of the country is not too shabby.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the victim is often innocent.

Already found guilty in the court of STW.
    And that kind of nonsense means YOU could be next!!

doris5000

another thought – do you not have central locking anyway?

yes but it only works to open the car, not lock it*. and the only way you can lock the car is with a key in the drivers door…

*(that’s because it’s broken, not because it’s the crappiest central locking ever devised)

coffeeking
    Free Member

mrchrispy wins for the bombers comment.

However I don’t report stuff like this to the police specifically because it WILL and DOES affect your house and car insurance, and must be latterly declared. Not worth the problems.

CCTV in case it gets worse, deal with in in-house until things go nuts.

squirrelking
    Free Member

A woman upset her neighbours so they just put the hospipe she had on a reel and connected to an outside tap through her letter box, and turned on the water, totally flooded her ground floor, best done overnight though

See, there’s mean and then there’s mean. Pretty sh*tty thing to do to somebody.

squirrelking
    Free Member

and must be latterly declared

According to whom? I’ve never been asked.

Xylene
    Free Member

If they are right, then the hitman option may not be the best

patriotpro
    Free Member

Easy to say but what if parkings at a premium or its on principle?

Depends what the OPs priorities are but my instincts tell me the OP isn’t one for confrontation let alone petty feuds.
    Chances are by the sounds of it someone else will park there so let them get into a feud instead.

conkerman
    Free Member

Can someone please link me the thread where the bombers come from. I have been away for a while and search failed me..

Cheers

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Park it in the same spot and leave a note in the windscreen saying “my locks have been glued and I cant move the car, apologies for any inconvenience”

wilburt
    Free Member

Don’t park outside her house?

This, then work a bit harder and buy a place with space to park or get rid of the car altogether.

Lives too short and there are lots things you can do but dont because it pisses people off, add parking outside this persons house to the list.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

This is a real puzzle to me.

If you own the land outside your house and someone parks in it I can understand getting hacked off about it. If you don’t, then how on earth do you justify this behaviour?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

work a bit harder and buy a place with space to park or get rid of the car altogether

Why? After all the OP’s not the one with the problem, the person who thinks she owns the public highway is.

EDIT – you’re not some daft old woman who thinks she owns the public highway are you?

aP
    Free Member

work a bit harder and buy a place with space to park

Exactly how much harder should I work to do this? If I wanted to live nearby with an off street parking space I’d have to spend at least another 250-300K on top of what my place is worth….

endurogangster
    Free Member

I had this problem in the past, sorted it out by shiting in a paper bag and setting it on fire on their doorstep, rang the doorbell and got ready to laugh!

Never happened again! 100% success rate!

jekkyl

Didn’t we agree some time ago that taking a no2 down the chimney was the new bombers? maybe pushed into the door keyhole in this case though.

hunterst
    Free Member

work a bit harder and buy a place with space to park

ffs – some people really enjoy talking down to others – prat!

🙄

jekkyl

yeah either that or it was a joke.

hora
    Free Member

Really the best thing to do is speak to the local Police about her. You really want to get this on record with them and I wouldn’t mediate/attempt to reason with her incase she tries abit of misinformation/complains about you to them.

Let them handle it. TBH it should stop her.

As for the worrying about selling your house stuff. Really? If I saw a house ‘dispute with a neighbour on road over parking/resolved’. I’d shrug.

I’d be more concerned about brickwork and roof.

MrNice
    Free Member

Didn’t we agree some time ago that taking a no2 down the chimney was the new bombers? maybe pushed into the door keyhole in this case though.

he could be really old skool about it and wee in her shoes

richmtb

This is a real puzzle to me.

If you own the land outside your house and someone parks in it I can understand getting hacked off about it. If you don’t, then how on earth do you justify this behaviour?

Aye it puzzles me too, there are loads of these arseholes in the streets round my office that leave cones all over the place. I just move the cones, they almost certainly know they are in the wrong.

I had one woman come out and ask what I was doing when I was moving the cones.

“Can I ask what you’re doing” she said.
    “Moving these cones so I can park”
    “You can’t just park in front of our premises” (yes she used the word premises)
    “Why?”
    long pause
    “Oh, just park where you like then”
    “Thanks I will!”

I would never block someones drive but coning off “your space” just advertises to the world that you’re an arsehole

patriotpro
    Free Member

ziggy – Member
    Had similar issues with neighbours myself, I was always happy to ignore Mr Grumpy as the kids had named him. It was really much of a problem until he verbally abused my Oh.

Got a bit bored of him knocking at my door asking me to move one of our cars from ‘his space’ in the street. I spent the evening trawling ebay for an old banger, a 16 year old Mondeo for £97!
    The man must have knocked on every door in the street to find out who it belonged to. 7 weeks passed until the dvla popped round to clamp it and remove it.
    Must have cost him a bit I was thoughtful enough to register it in his name and address

Need a like button for that shiz

curiousyellow
    Free Member

OP needs one of these with his name on it:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzCWnY8StUs[/video]

CountZero

This thread is the best entertainment I’ve had all week!

finbar – Member
    Hoof her in the slats
    Don’t know why but I found this hysterically funny. Practically crying with laughter here.

This ^^, makes me giggle every time I read or think of it.
    Some outstanding suggestions for revenge, too; the frozen sausage trick is genius.
    And ziggy defo gets ‘Internet winner of the week’ award for his, outstanding work, sir, I salute you.
    The skip in the driveway is excellent, too.

pk13

On the subject of cones I had a appointment with a customer at their home it’s on a very busy street near the town, I pull up to see the dreaded cones in the only space for miles and they are right outside the house I need to be in so get and kick the cones over the road and park. It turns out the cones had been put out so I could park outside the house by the customer and he had seen me boot them down the road oh how we laughed after I had got his cones back now dented.

murf
    Free Member

Why did the customer have cones in the 1st place if he wasn’t a serial space-coner?
    Not the sort of thing you just have lying around?

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘neighbour tried to glue up my car door lock….’ is closed to new replies.