• This topic has 112 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by murf.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • neighbour tried to glue up my car door lock….
  • doris5000

we live in a residents parking zone where ppl often have to park the next street over from their house.

this mad woman kept putting cones outside her house, which she’s not allowed to do, and has shouted at my wife before for parking near ‘her space’. Presumably someone else incurred her wrath because the cones are gone and she’s settled for a small ‘no parking’ sign in the window instead.

Last night she stood out and stared at my wife parking in front of her house, and this morning the drivers door lock was glued up.

Fortunately she did a shit job and we were able to pick the glue out with another key, but what do you do? There’s no insurance claim to make, it would seem a bit OTT to get the police involved, but i’m a bit hacked off….

martinhutch

Report it, get a crime number. Useful in case it escalates further.

Or wait for her to go to the shops and superglue her out of her house properly… 😀

Your choice.

duckman

Not much you CAN do unless you catch her. At the end of the day,she has “issues” you don’t. Maybe some new windows/fascia boards/monoblock would make her lighten up. She is probably too het up about parking to find time to book the reps,why don’t you make the appointments for her? 😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

Report to the police who will presumably have a word with her OR put spaghetti in her lock , snap it then add super glue

The decision is yours but i would not be letting it pass personally.

That said someone who thinks they own the space outside their house to the extent they will commit a crime is probably the last person you want to start a feud with so I would report to the police

Ask neighbours if she has done it to anyone else. All have a whip round and buy a shed top park outside her house

johndoh
    Free Member

This.

gogg
    Free Member

Cheap CCTV camera??

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, get one of those and throw it through her front window.

stumpy01

Get the Police involved.

Also, pop round to ‘warn her’ that there is a vandal gluing people’s locks shut, but the Police are reviewing the ‘CCTV footage’ from the cameras you have in the front window with an eye to prosecuting. Should put the wind up her. Then get one of those hard drive CCTV thingies to keep an eye on her & your property for future nonsense.

hora
    Free Member

Report it as soon as possible. This woman can not harass, intimidate or damage you or your property. What next? Key scratches?

It happens at the top of our road – if you park infront of someones garden and (empty) drive. You’ll be keyed. The problem is the owners are in their late 60/70’s so what can you do?

I’d contact them asap and say you fear it will escalate and your wife feels threatened.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Hoof her in the slats

mrchrispy

may i be the first to suggest

thestabiliser
    Free Member

There’s a load of dog shit in my neighbours garden, if you come and get it you can throw at the front of her house

Hoof her in the slats

😆

slowoldman

Report to the police who will presumably have a word with her OR put spaghetti in her lock , snap it then add super glue

The police would do that? 😯

legend
    Free Member

The problem is the owners are in their late 60/70’s so what can you do?

Well I supose they’ve already wee’d in their own shoes…… so report em to the Feds anyway?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

1: Find somewhere else to park.
    2: Cycle to work.

duckman

slowoldman – Member

The police would do that?

IIRC like me J-Y is from Kilmarnock,so yes;yes they would.

oliharan92
    Free Member

I would buy an old transit, tax and insure it for a year and just park it there to piss her off, probs cost like 400 all in. But worth every penny!

surfer
    Free Member

I would make a point out of parking there. When she comes out or stares out the window engage her in conversation and tell her about the act of vandalism that you have reported to the police.
    Guage her reaction. If it reinforces your suspicions then as above I would be reluctant to get involved in tit for tat with a nutter. Just play the long game 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If it happened to me I’d go with the old snotter route. She could report it till shes blue in the face, wouldn’t matter if its insured and no broken windows etc 😀

TBH though I’d go down the local supermarket and buy up ALL the puddings from the shelves.

How long could she last without her pudding after tea?

wwaswas

This.

although if you own your house and are subsequently looking to sell you would have to declare it to any buyer.

pjt201
    Free Member

Someone used to stick cones outside their house on a street I lived on. I had a shitty clio at the time and used to take great pleasure in just driving into them when parking. They stopped putting them out after a while.

Similarly one of my neighbours once went round my parents front door at 7am frothing that one of my brother’s friends had left his car parked on the street outside his house (on a quiet suburban street where everyone has 2 car driveways). Fortunately this was later followed by said neighbour bringing a couple of bottles of wine round to apologise for his behaviour.

As to the OP, it’s criminal damage, treat it as such and report it to the police. Also stick a note through all your neighbours doors including hers to encourage them to report it to the police if it happens again, if you’re in a neighbourhood watch area also tell the local coordinator.

pjt201
    Free Member

@wwaswas – not sure you would as you can’t prove it was the neighbour and the police will almost certainly do nothing. Similarly with the note to all the neighbours above – you’re not entering into a dispute with any neighbour in particular.

edhornby

Police, they won’t send someone but you’ll have a crime number

if you’re friendly with the other neighbours, talk to them

CCTV if you can, remember that it should be set up in such a way that it primarily records your property – if it is angled in such a way that the street is in visual range then this is incidental ok 😉 police would be not happy if it was recording into another persons property but communal is tolerated if justifiable

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that true as its not a neighbour dispute but a crime?

IIRC like me J-Y is from Kilmarnock,so yes;yes they would.

Guilty as charged and good memory.
    Grew up outside in Newmilns.

warton
    Free Member

we have the same issue. we live on a Pedestrianised street, so have to park in the back lane, shared with the next street along.

A few of the residents have “No Parking – Private Property” outside their back walls, and I’ve had to explain to a few of them that the back lane is owned by the council not them, and therefore unless they need access to get a car out, I’m parking where I like.

One guy hinted my car may sustain damage if I continued to park outside his back wall. I hinted his face may sustain damage if my car sustained damage.

There’s been no issue since that conversation.

kcal

Wife used to work at hospice in Edinburgh, there was a old woman who lived opposite, used to get irate at the staff parking outside “her” house. Notices, cones, bins all got placed outside to preserve her space. Got really nasty, tyres let down, nails, glass, you name it. Police were called and she was warned off. Eventually.

She died, and her house was bought by said hospice to be used for library, training, admin and so on.
    How we laughed 🙂

binners

You lot are slacking. The police? what about the environmental health? And the local council? And social services? Not to mention lawyers. Come on! We’re 30 posts in. Sort it out…

You need to escalate this situation massively, as quickly as possible, involving as many different agencies as possible. Encouraging a completely pointless, and time consuming feud that will drag on for years, and ultimately cost you your sanity, and the GDP of a small country. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TRY TO RESOLVE THIS BY NIPPING ROUND TO HAVE A CHAT, OR DIRECTLY COMMUNICATING IN ANY WAY!!! Or maybe just not parking in front of her house? Its your right, after all! Get on the phone, get the wheels in motion…… Its the passive-aggressive, middle-class bedwetters STW way 😉

finbar
    Free Member

Hoof her in the slats

Don’t know why but I found this hysterically funny. Practically crying with laughter here.

project
    Free Member

Talking to a chap at the weekend, he parked in a so called residents street, came back to his car and a car was prked almost tougching his bumpers front and back, he couldnt get out and couldnnt reverse into the cars to push them away as one had a tow bar and the other had a car parked right up to its bumper, he knocked on doors nobody knew who owned vehicles, had to leave his car there for quite a few days until the cars moved.

So residents are so petty over parking it appears.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Buy a property with off road parking.

doris5000

thanks for all the advice.

i don’t actually live on her street (there’s no parking at all on my street, everyone has to park elsewhere) so i don’t know her neighbours and CCTV wouldnae work. Although the idea of lobbing a camera through her window made me chuckle!

reckon i’ll get it reported to the police for now – it is harrassment after all.

thanks again! I knew STW wouldn’t let me down 😉

maccruiskeen

You should come back – you’d be amazed how much has changed – most of the houses have indoor bedrooms now 🙂

As for the OP – perhaps worth a word with the police – if her generally misanthropy is turning to criminal damage then you quite possibly won’t be the first to mention it to them. Who knows the next interference with someones car might be more dangerous than obstructive. It requires a sympathetic approach – there are quite common instances of (particularly older) people getting asbos for actions similar to this. Quite often it seems to be when they’ve lost a partner (or a partner is in a bad way with dementia or similar) and the sadness that generates seems spill out as need to take control and put the world to rights.

I don’t expect the police will lead her away in cuffs but it might be the start of her getting whatever help she needs

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Talking to a chap at the weekend, he parked in a so called residents street, came back to his car and a car was prked almost tougching his bumpers front and back, he couldnt get out and couldnnt reverse into the cars to push them away as one had a tow bar and the other had a car parked right up to its bumper, he knocked on doors nobody knew who owned vehicles, had to leave his car there for quite a few days until the cars moved.”

i had this on a couple of occasions when i parked up near the uni in dundee…..

unfortuantly for them when playing the shit car olympics im not precious about my motors – an almost parisian attitude

project
    Free Member

and a nasty neighbour used to cover my car with bread ansd bird seed, it looked like a scene from Alfred Hitchcocks the Birds Movie, he soon stoped and got evicted when he did it to a local councillors car and someone senior from the housing assosiation.

hora
    Free Member

and a nasty neighbour used to cover my car with bread ansd bird seed

That is nasty. Forget bird plop. Scratched and marks in the paint. What a nasty shit.

doris5000

As for the OP – perhaps worth a word with the police – if her generally misanthropy is turning to criminal damage then you quite possibly won’t be the first to mention it to them. Who knows the next interference with someones car might be more dangerous than obstructive. It requires a sympathetic approach – there are quite common instances of (particularly older) people getting asbos for actions similar to this. Quite often it seems to be when they’ve lost a partner (or a partner is in a bad way with dementia or similar) and the sadness that generates seems spill out as need to take control and put the world to rights.

I don’t expect the police will lead her away in cuffs but it might be the start of her getting whatever help she needs

good call on the sympathetic approach. Helps to try and stand back from the inevitable stroppiness you feel at these times… obviously someone else has also fallen foul of her because they must’ve reported the cones.

unfortunately i think she’s just angry – she’s got a sticker in the window of her car that says ‘How’s my driving – dial 1-800-F**KYOU’ in the rear window 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

Don’t park outside her house?

hora
    Free Member

Don’t park outside her house?

Easy to say but what if parkings at a premium or its on principle?

Even a zero-car tax car has the same right to be parked anywhere legally on a road as a £500 a year tax Porsche as its also down to fuel duty that we all pay.

For someone to say ‘no its my spot’ is ridiculous.

duckman

maccruiskeen – Member

You are both called Bean and I claim my £5 or a tasty cut of cave smoked meat. (Says the boy who lived in Riccarton till he was 12)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’d settle for popping over 3am one night and supegluing up her locks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘neighbour tried to glue up my car door lock….’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM