Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Need help – fox rp23
  • stew1982
    Free Member

I've been looking at ways to create a rear lock-out for my rp23. However during this process I took out the rebound adjuster (along with the propedal bits)- it now won't go back in the whole way! (yes ok, i'm probably an idiot for messing with it!)

Does anyone have an exploded diagram, or have previous knowledge of re-fitting?
    If not, i guess it will be taking a trip to the repair/upgrade (TFtuned) centre

muenchen1
    Free Member

Oh dear, I also removed the pro-pedal lever and the rebound adjuster on mine as they has gotten jammed up with grit – I 'just' removed the little grub screws and it all went horribly wrong.
    Couldn't find anything online to help. Ended up back at my bike shop and off the shock went for a full service. Subsequently there was an mbr magazine earlier this year which had a cut-away drawing of the shock in it which showed me the error of my ways. I now definitly won't touch it.

stew1982
    Free Member

Cheers for the answer (although it wasn't what I was hoping you were gonna say!) it is as I fear!- yep those grub screws look so inviting!

4ndyB
    Free Member

Ring TFTuned & ask for their help, they are very helpful over the phone

stew1982
    Free Member

I've worked out what I need to do – I just can't do it, unless anyone knows how to remove all rebound compression, then the little knob that is compressed when you change the dial will (hopefully and in theory) be low enough for the rebound adjuster to fit in!)

I think giving TF will be best course of action!

stew1982
    Free Member

Yep – i've given in and am sending to TFtuned, where it's also getting pushed. (Has anyone had there rp23 pushed? – experiences?)

bigyinn
    Free Member

If it aint broke, dont f*ck with it! So so true!

grumm
    Free Member

Is the stiffest pro-pedal setting not good enough instead of a lockout? I only have an RP2 and I find the one propedal setting stiffens it up quite well.

stew1982
    Free Member

sorry, when I refer to lock-out I mean propedal.

I have it set-up to be fairly firm for pedaling with pro-pedal on and it makes a real difference to plushness when i switch it off, but is a pain to reach without stopping or slowing right down, so have devised a way to operate it from the handlebars (along with the lockout on my forks), plus I just like fiddiling with my bike! Ijust need to learn – if your not sure leave it alone!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Need help – fox rp23’ is closed to new replies.