Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 353 total)
  • My Superstar Components I850 Seatpost
  • Drac

Chunky I've sent an email to Mods before this thread gets out of hand, they may just lock it for future reference rather than pull it.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

what happened to AB's new thread ponting this out??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The other threads seem to have dissapeared already

clubber
    Free Member

I'm melting… meltiiiiiiiing…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Another user of SSC pads with no complaints, however, if this is true, it must be a worse banning offence than any rudeboy committed?

Stoner
    Free Member
    IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, it does seem odd that AB's thread has gone.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice one stoner, perhaps an email to 2Pure who have a big advert on stw explaining that SCC are slatting one of their products.

Mods, your comments on the above please?

I have a feeling this thread might be gone soon….

rolfharris
    Free Member

Is it time to get out the octopusses?

hora
    Free Member

I'm sensing Solicitors will be writing a warning letter to someone this afternoon….

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

this has got far beyond octopuses

rolfharris
    Free Member

Litigation octopuses?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about other Cephalopods? Is it time to bring out the cuttlefish? Or *shudders* the nautilus?

fbk
    Free Member

Blimey – as others here, I've used pads from them without any problems at all but this stinks.

I guess that'll be a fair chunk of business lost – I certainly won't be using SSC again!!!

miketually
    Free Member

TJ, I may may be wrong, but what you've quoted above are the rules for cancelling the contract/purchase/service, which you have 7 days to do under the distance selling regs. Not sure if the same applies to returning faulty goods for a replacement.

soobalias
    Free Member

disgusted, the whole situation needs dealing with.

as i said more eloquently in a longer post, now pulled.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why are these threads being pulled? Are the mods based in China?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mike – the cruicial bit

The business is not entitled to charge for recovery of the goods if the consumer also has a statutory right to cancel the contract under other legislation, (for example because they are defective

So if a product is faulty the buyer has the right to cancel the contract under the sale of goods act ie reclaim their money. they have to allow the retailer to reclaim the goods but not pay for the return.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fruit in PR disaster shocker!

Who'd a thunk it.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Some of TB posts were clever in the way he wrote them, not to bring to much attention to himself.

I like his style, although I would never spend my money on his tat…just because they are cheap or colourful does not mean I trust them on my bike.

Got a set of SSP V2 pads I got with a second hand pair of brakes. They have and always will stay in the box of products I will never use…alongside some broken mud guards a few bent mechs and a picture of a nun doing a wheely

(the nun doing a wheely picture does not exist).

sv

Heres me about to order an 850i – the flaming seatpost shim is arriving tomorrow! Seconds thoughts or what?

rolfharris
    Free Member

I hate cephalopods. Specially fossil ones. I'll unleash my geology/crank bashing hammer on them when it turns up.

For what it's worth, my last pair of superstar pads fell apart last week. Usual braking material/backing plate parting of ways.

clubber
    Free Member

This thread isn't being deleted. Presumable the Mods feel that one thread on this is enough.

hora
    Free Member

Sheesh, I write/sprout some sh1te on the forum however it it was linked to my business I most certainly wouldnt muck around. Why is this happening? Stay away from forums for a while whatever your name is. Thats the advice I'd give.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I like the guy. Met him a couple of times and seems very genuine. I think his products are good, his external BB seem much better than any others I have tried.

Hes made a mistake. I dont think he should be lynched. I think his customer service is better than Brants but no one seems to care about his tactics…

rolfharris
    Free Member

I met the guy. He was rude and seems to think all his customers are liars until proven otherwise.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Outstanding stuff. 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

rolfharris – Member
    I feel perfectly within my rights to repeatedly bash him

Would that be with a rock? 😀

Only joking.

If this does turn out to be fruit then you have just lost another potential customer.

hora
    Free Member

All I am saying is back off from forums.

carbon
    Free Member

An odd way to run a business.

BBB_Rich, didn't he sponsor your recent event? So hardly un-biased opinion of Superstar.

I have had a few bits from Superstar, brake pads and bottom brackets. They have varied in quality from rubbish to average, on the plus side they have all been cheap. This thread has put me of buying from him again.

rolfharris
    Free Member

He sponsored my university team and I still think he's a tube that sells tat.

miketually
    Free Member

Mike – the cruicial bit

"The business is not entitled to charge for recovery of the goods if the consumer also has a statutory right to cancel the contract under other legislation, (for example because they are defective"

So if a product is faulty the buyer has the right to cancel the contract under the sale of goods act ie reclaim their money. they have to allow the retailer to reclaim the goods but not pay for the return.

Ah, missed that bit.

D0NK

With such a loss of potential customers I see a sale coming soon to an internet retailer near you 🙂
    entertaining stuff

STATO
    Free Member

Heres me about to order an 850i

Just buy one from Lesiure lakes instead.

Del

i thought neil's smartest move ever was not to re-register after the xmas purge. he is the worst possible advert for his own company. what a weasel.
    LOL!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The shedfire bit that outed Fruitas tangobrave

As it was on the thread that was deleted I thought I would post it again.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think his customer service is better than Brants but no one seems to care about his tactics…

In terms of tactics I dont recall Brant trashing competitor products or shilling his own with pseudonymous posts either here or at MTBR.

With respect to customer service, I think that's always going to be personal.

Stoner
    Free Member

i thought neil's smartest move ever was not to re-register after the xmas purge

exactly what I thought del.

retro83
    Free Member

Lol oh dear.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 353 total)

The topic ‘My Superstar Components I850 Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.