Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • my skills website, any problems with each page?
  • jedi

thanks matt 😉

vanilla83
    Free Member

at Bush. Yep I run a web design agency.

What's that got to with it though? I offered free advice on his very first thread and this kind of project is massively too small for us to touch (the website that is, not the business: not trying to belittle the business in anyway). So I'm not saying this to try and get business.

Anyhoo, like the other guys, I'm not going to bump this anymore for Jedi. I wish him all the luck with the actual business.

I like that pretty much everything works even with noscript.

Last time I was doing anything with the web mailto links were considered unwise unless you want to drown in spam, but that may be different now.

nickc

Looks good, works well in Firefox, all the links and vids work for me. Only criticism is the white script looks a little blurred (if I'm being hyper critical like, but I can read it fine enough)

Good luck with the venture Jedi, hope it goes well.

jedi

lol@bump.
    i'm sorting advertising with matt from stw so bumping it is isn't.

for all those who replied to my questions i thank you so much

DezB
    Free Member

I haven't met Tony* but I can't believe he's getting a hard time about asking for opinions on his new website (which is a business I believe he's started due to getting made redundant). Great use of the forum in my opinion.

For one thing, he seems like a genuine chap and would admit it if advertising was what he was up to!

(*he rode past our group yesterday is the nearest!)

Anyway. BUMP!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Can't understand why some people are knocking someone asking for some feedback.

Yep its abit of free advertising, but who cares. Brant seems to have done it quite alot with out any probs and trout is doing it too. Fair play to all of them I say

Bump Bump

bananaworld
    Free Member

I met Jedi-master Tony briefly yesterday at the Swinley ride and found a right character! Fun, eccentric and with a genuine, hard-core passion for biking. I only chatted to him for about ten minutes but came away inspired and seriously tempted to get some tuition (can he teach a pussy like me to jump…??)

Back to the original post: everything seemed to work fine for me. The site looks great with a good balance of photos of 'normal' riding and 'extreme' skills. If you want ultra-pickiness I'd just say that the "Road Skills" section that's under construction could do with a picture of someone on a road bike: might stir up more interest for roadies finding their way there. Make it a female cyclist and everyone wins! 😉

I find it odd that the cynics are slating this thread: the site's new and needs feedback. Even if it does advertise the site, so what? It's relevant and could benefit plenty of people on here.

Good effort, Jedi!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

vanilla83 – Member
    I think you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter if you're a top poster etc. I've been on here since pretty much year dot (under different names: but can give all of them to you if you want to check) and I've never dropped links of any sites that I've worked on.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough as well, that I'd find instances of you complaining (in some way) about SC not so sly advertising and/or the number of times our dear Brant would post up new products looking for "advice". Isnt that what you're doing now? Under the guise of wanting feedback…

If you have met Jedi (Tony) then I'm shocked you could even think about giving the guy grief, if you 'only' know him from his on-line persona then I'm still shocked, I can't remember him writing a single nasty post.
    He is always enthusiastic & encouraging, never negative that I have seen. His skill & commitment is beyond question, as far as I'm concerned STW should give him a banner ad for free as it's people like Tony that make this site the resource it is, and one of the best on the net if you ignore all the silliness.
    I have been a member since the Go-far days, & I have met some cracking people through using this site, Jedi being one of the most memorable, & he even gave me coaching for free 😛

Oh, and as your offering, put up a list of ALL your aliases on here, including the ones before we had to login.

jedi

2unfit2ride, i have only just seen this post.
    you hold me in too high regard but thank you for your kind words 🙂

Trekster

I have been a member since the Go-far days

Me too 😆

Well said

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Tony, I did think before posting that it may come across as a bit 'brown tongue', it's not. I had a pause & then posted my view of you in what was, again in my view, a personal attack on someone that, as far as I can remember, has never said a bad word about anyone!
    I on the other hand have had numerous hissy fits on here, called the bluff of lots, & been a downright asshole at times, you have a lot of self control, & thats why you can teach.

Now that said, I should add that some of the others I have met purely through the forum have also been absolutely great, equal, or better in some ways than you, I'm obviously not going to list them all, but if any of them were attacked in a thread then I would defend them all to the hilt.

As I said,

STW is one of the best on the net if you ignore all the silliness

Cheers.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘my skills website, any problems with each page?’ is closed to new replies.