Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 589 total)
  • My Sick! experance
  • plus-one

Website works for me

nxgater

So I’m an actual ‘customer’ who bought a frame from a clearance sale that was on ‘2 day delivery’. That was in September 2018. I’ve not received it to this day tho I have had multiple assurances that its ‘in the post’. And yes jmatlock, several of those assurances came from you.

sirromj

My Sick! T-shirt got here from Latvia pretty quick.

tomhoward

And yes jmatlock, several of those assurances came from you.

Ah, there’s your problem, from the previous page…

I actually don’t work ‘for’ Sick

bigyim
    Free Member

Nxgater. Have you had a refund? Have they said what they delay was caused by

chakaping
    Free Member

The plot sickens

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think those waiting for frames need to step it up a level!!

jam-bo

So I’m an actual ‘customer’ who bought a frame from a clearance sale that was on ‘2 day delivery’. That was in September 2018. I’ve not received it to this day tho I have had multiple assurances that its ‘in the post’. And yes jmatlock, several of those assurances came from you.

#hater 😉

tomhoward

big yim

I’m hoping for a better experience with them. Ordered a wulf am frame and it’s due Feb 1st …….

Postie been?

matt_outandabout

*raises eyebrow*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s only fair to give them a few days with all the snow disruption

andybrad

ill put 50p it wont turn up next week….

neilc1881
    Free Member

I’ll match that and say it sounds like he’d be lucky to get it next month…

Interesting that some people still consider them a good company. I’ve followed this for a while, always liked a start-up and admire those of us who put our (or other people’s?!) money on the line and go for it.

I think the ‘they’re trying’/’they’re a good comapany’ views don’t hold any weight. The bare minimum service required is delivery of product on time, and decent and fair communication if that order can’t be met on time/at all. I think the patience some of you ‘customers’ have shown is remarkable considering the time scales involved.

bigyim
    Free Member

Postie has been and no frame although I contacted them directly last week and said I’m hearing a lot of whispers about people’s orders not showing up and being delayed. I was told it will be here in February and it’s in manufacturing now.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Did you order via Ubyk?

dc1988

I saw a guy riding a Wulf last weekend, very nice looking frame to be fair.

bigyim
    Free Member

Not ordered by ubyk although I did order some hope e4s off them and they turned up and are fitted to my other bike. It’s not all doom and gloom out there all the time.

mashr

I was told it will be here in February and it’s in manufacturing now.

What country is this frame being made in? If not a U.K. one then I’d imagine you’ll be waiting for the completion of a batch, painting, shipping, customs, then finally getting to and from the Sick warehouse. Feb seems ambitious if that’s the case

*false, entirely false

neilforrow

big yim – unfortunately this is the same story they gave me. I sat and waited for 6 months on that line. In the end I put a claim in with paypal given the time to do so was running out; i.e. I would loose the ability too.

I would take anything they say with a massive pinch of salt given my (and others on this thread) experience of being strung along.

mashr, the frames are made in Peru.

bigyim
    Free Member

If I’m left waiting till past February I’ll have to put in a PayPal claim I’m afraid and get a cotic bfe
    I hope this isn’t the case though

neilforrow

Exactly what I ended up doing, but got a P7 – a frame I’m completely happy with by all accounts.

andeh

Are they made by Marino?

tomhoward

Yup. (well, some are/were, but seems as though they use a few different people/whoever has spare production capacity.)

bigwill
    Free Member

I’m just thinking out loud here, but could it be that they have realised that they are actually better at designing and marketing stuff rather than building it? And completely underestimated the process, time and cost it takes to get a 3rd party bike builder to do the job, at the same time because of their too cool for school attitude/ arrogance they don’t have the bottle to fez up to their existing customers to tell them what’s going on. It’s a shame as irrespective of whether you liked / didn’t like ( delete as appropriate) their rad goatie attitude the bikes looked good and it’s always good to see a British company do well. Sadly it sounds like the sick bike co, is sharp becoming the limp dick bike co. If they keep failing to deliver.

matt_outandabout

I wonder if it is as simple as cashflow – builder won’t build unless paid, money isn’t making it from customer to builder….?
    You have to sell a lot of t-shirts to actually pay for a frame to be built..

Edit: they are turning over bugger all.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10621767/filing-history

and

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10621767/filing-history/MzIyMDgyNzc2MGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

tomhoward

I wonder if it is as simple as cashflow – builder won’t build unless paid, money isn’t making it from customer to builder….?

Hope not, as most of the bikes seem to be done on a ‘buy based on a render then if we get enough buyers, we’ll go get it made’ model, to minimise the risk (to them).

edit That’s only their first years trading though isn’t it, I don’t think they’d got much out at that point? The Gnarcissist went live in mid ’17 I think, not sure when the t shirts started.

mick_r

I’m not aware they’ve ever made any production frames themselves – always small runs or protos by other people. So by now sick really should have worked out that you multiply any frame builder’s delivery estimate* by at least 4. And probably add a few months for luck…

*I’ve still not delivered my own latest frame (for myself) which was originally planned for completion in July last year 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

mick that applies to any manufacturing really , from my involvement in *just in time* engineering manufacturing – If your not using the same manufacturer for each batch you get issues with every batch.

* had a group of buyers who would swap my supplier EVERY other batch – which meant i had teathing problems every other batch.

wrecker
    Free Member

If you buy one of these over a BTR even considering the price difference, you deserve all you get.

bigyim
    Free Member

I’ve never even heard of btr and they are double the price of the wulf /cotic bfe

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Have you been living under a rock, or maybe a bridge?

simondbarnes

Have you been living under a rock, or maybe a bridge?

I’ve never heard of them either and I work in the bike industry.

davosaurusrex

You should pay more attention then.

rlo80
    Free Member

You’ve only got yourself to blame to even go and buy their shit, copycat frames with stupid geometries just be raaaaad and kooool…
    Just buy a Kingdom Bike which is where they copy most their bikes anyway…except you get the best customer service and proper bikes!

bigyim
    Free Member

Wow, tough crowd! If they don’t post me the frame I’ll get my money back and move on. No need to get all bitter and twisted.

mickmcd
    Free Member

raaaaad and kooool

Is what sells …you can have the greatest product on earth very few will buy it if you can’t market it

singlespeedstu

Just buy a Kingdom Bike which is where they copy most their bikes anyway

Whoooaa.
    I hate sick bikes as much as the next man* but they in no way what so ever copy the geo of Kingdom Bikes.
    Have you actually looked at geo rather than just a picture of unpainted tubes…

*no hate but dislike of their way of dealing with customers that have put money their way and been mugged off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is what sells …you can have the greatest product on earth very few will buy it if you can’t market it

It seems that with marketing you don’t even need a product .

mickmcd
    Free Member

It seems that with marketing you don’t even need a product .

when you live in a nation of **** who believe the NHS will be better off because it’s written on the side of a bus…I’d agree with you

Poopscoop

^^ Bloody true!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 589 total)

The topic ‘My Sick! experance’ is closed to new replies.