Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My new Singlespeed (pic)
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Recently felt the urge to ride Singlespeed again so built this puppy up. Largely comprised from WTD ads placed in the classifieds and spares I had lying around:

Charge Duster frame that at some point in it's life has been re-sprayed in Brian Rourke's livery. The keener-eyed among you will spot mis-matching wheels but I've de-badged them to make them more 'simliar'. Brake levers, too, were odd: one used to have a black body/silver lever but I had some old silver and black rattlecans in the shed :O)

Only the chainring, headset, bars and seatpin were bought new. Did the build on Friday night and christened it on a 5hr ride round Longleat yesterday.

Rides SWEET.

Can't wait to get out on it again.

(Yard needs sweeping etc etc)

rOcKeTdOg

nice, you should have kept the charge confession quiet though and claimed it was 'custom'

Alcopop
    Free Member

That looks very nice indeed well done 😀

podman
    Free Member

Looking very good! Nice to see pictures, and happy that you're pleased with it! 😀

Sorry I didn't reply to the email earlier, my phone doesn't like attachments and I've literally just opened the laptop.. Out of interest, how long is that stem?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Hi Podman 😀

VERY happy with it. Stem is some old 70mm Truvativ thing: couple of quid off the classifieds.

Wasn't sure about the bars initially (bit more of a sweep than I'd ideally like) but I soon got used to them. The 28" of 'twang' they generate certainly helps with the rigid forks. As does a nice fat tyre 😉

podman
    Free Member

Ahh, I was running it with a 120mm initially- far too long, but then swapped down to 40mm ('tis all I had!), which I struggled with just as much!

I'll hopefully get to finish its replacement tomorrow morning, I'll be sure to post up some pictures (it's also came mostly off of the classifieds on here!)- I can't wait to get out riding again!

Danny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My new Singlespeed (pic)’ is closed to new replies.